Myth The Fallen Lords: 01. Crow´s Bridge

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Myth The Fallen Lords: 01. Crow´s Bridge

This is humble remake of the first mission of Myth: The Fallen Lords: 01 Crow´s Bridge
For those who don't know, Myth is an RTT in which you control only units, and each has some skills. (MICRO in this game is essential).
This map is based in Myth Series, the first mission consist in defend a small village and then cross the bridge. (10-15min gameplay)

UNITS:

Light:
Warrior : swordman that hold a shield, and has chance to block an melee attack
Bowman: Long ranger unit. that has one flame arrow per unit, that incinerates the ground damagin all units (including self and allies)
Dwarf: Small ranged unit, but with high power of destruction, one attack of this unit can severely damage your own units, can place satchel charges on the ground (land mines) that explode when at contact of an enemy unit.
Villager: Townsfolk

Dark:
Skeleton Warrior: Are slow units similar to warriors but without the skill block, but more weak.
Skeleton Archer: Similar to bowman without the flame arrow skill.
Ghoul: Undead unit that walk/run faster then the other units. His specialty is to surround group of archers or Dwarves.

Other features:
You can choose one of 3 dificults. I recomend you start at easy to see how the mechanical works, then increasing. The difference between levels is that by increasing, the number of enemy units increases, the gameplay remais the same.
The ranger units has missile splash damage, you can micro to avoid an enemy arrow, or your own arrow can damage your own troops.
Left and right key to rotate camera. Type "-cam" to restore camera game

CREDITS
Myth: The Fallen Lords soundtrack in briefing and victory screen (Thank you for [email protected] for create a so beatifull soundtrack that marked my youth a lot.
This map uses a custom model: Loarderon Archer. Idk who make it but Thank you so much, I´ve downloaded it from other map dont know who is the author.
Thank you for all comunity of hive to helped me make this map. Especially Uncle did the Flame arrow.
The units Warrior and bowman has sounds of other game : Knights and Merchants. They has a scream when attacking enemies like (fire at will, in to the battle, arm your bows etc) Thankyou for TopWare for building that sounds I like so much( marked me too).

Myth 2: Soulblighter 01.Willow Creek

(10-13min gameplay)
I´ve decide introduce Myth 2. The gameplay remains the same.

Short History:
After sixty years of Myth: The Fallen Lords , hear about the Great War, and the Fallen Lords were just tales of grandfathers for grandchildren. But that would change after certain strange events when finding open graves in various locations. Cruniac, the Captain believes it's wild dog service. But one day on a routine patrol, we spotted smoke in the village of Willow Creek, and went to investigate.

This Level uses new unit:

Dark:
Ghast: Slow undead unit, that has pus attack, it petrifies stricken units, for some seconds. 100% Chance (Stun + Cold Effect for 7 seconds) The warrior may block the Ghats attack.

Gameplay:
Staying away from Ghasts is the key. Use archers and the dwarf to eliminate them from a distance, use the warriors only when cornered.

Thanks to:
@Kitabatake for make the villager I´ve used in the "fisherman"
@MeteORA for making the wooden fishing rod, I´ve used in "fisherman"
@olofmoleman for making the Araucaria tree. Araucaria is native from my homeland, I´ve introduced here.
@eubz for making the tree variation, that model is very similar tree used in Myth Series.
Contents

01. Willow Creek (Map)

Crow´s Bridge (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Decided to approve this as it got a nice update and the gameplay isn't really that familiar, let's say, to Warcraft III. Although, I'm hoping you'll add more maps in this thread. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 61
It's a really nice map. Could get a bit monotonous; needs a lot of micromanaging.
Hopefully you'll make more maps with diverse gameplay mechanics.
An annoyance is that the archers can't cast the fire arrows when they are all selected.

Level 18
Failed it on normal. Completed it on easy, but failed all optional quests. Will post all two attempts here as WC3:REF replays.
And what we have at all:
  • It felt smooth and like a charm - I, myself, never played an original game so maybe slowly walking units and slow-flying arrows are intented. As Starcraft enjoyer, I found it a rather slow. Then I read about "RTT" genre and understood why - my fail :)
  • Sometimes player can recieve "optional quest failed" about killed unit, maybe twice in row. But after that bugged message no longer appear;
  • Does Ghouls have increased chance to bash?
  • Can Mortair unit suicide itself with his ability - I mean, is it damages EVERYONE or only enemies?
After all, it's nice map - looking forward to play next chapters of this old game, interpreted in Warcraft 3 Reforged!

Attachments

• CrowBridge02.w3g
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
  • CrowBridge01.w3g
    25.3 KB · Views: 1
Level 9
Failed it on normal. Completed it on easy, but failed all optional quests. Will post all two attempts here as WC3:REF replays.
And what we have at all:
  • It felt smooth and like a charm - I, myself, never played an original game so maybe slowly walking units and slow-flying arrows are intented. As Starcraft enjoyer, I found it a rather slow. Then I read about "RTT" genre and understood why - my fail :)
  • Sometimes player can recieve "optional quest failed" about killed unit, maybe twice in row. But after that bugged message no longer appear;
  • Does Ghouls have increased chance to bash?
  • Can Mortair unit suicide itself with his ability - I mean, is it damages EVERYONE or only enemies?
After all, it's nice map - looking forward to play next chapters of this old game, interpreted in Warcraft 3 Reforged!

1)TY for playing it, Im really grateful. The original game is a little slow I´ve tried to make similar.
2) About the "optional quest failed" I will investigate.
3)Ghouls has more movement speed, and the chance to bash of all units is 100% (1 second) if hit the target, if a ghoul try hit a Warrior and it get missed, the bash dont work. Archers can miss target, so the bash will happen only if the target is hitted.
4)Are u talking about the "land mine" and the normal attack? YES, it damage all units around. This is a little diferent of Myth series... In original game is placed a satchel charge (land mine) that only explode if hitted by the dwarf or other kind of flame (like the flame arrow of the bowmans) Im trying to make this but with no sucess until now...
one more time ty

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 61
Decided to approve this as it got a nice update and the gameplay isn't really that familiar, let's say, to Warcraft III. Although, I'm hoping you'll add more maps in this thread.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/