• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Thread of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i have some questions here in mind

-how do you set it like if a player types something like -FLAMESTRIKE MODE, you create xx units of type dummy and then every 10 second you order him to flame strike random point in playable map area.

-can you not use upgrades but use other things to improve your creep's attack damage etc

More questions will be included in the future

Level 6
Um can you reply to my first question too? no not the iron forged sword all those because when you click the creeps they will show the upgrade which i think doesnt look nice

Level 6
no like i want to create like 12 unit at centre of playable map area ( NOT PREPLACED UNITS) and then order them to Human , Blood Mage Flame strike random point in playable map area but that doesnt work, I CHANGED THE HUMAN ABILITIES FLAME STRIKE HERO ABILITY FALSE!

Level 11
at the first question you need a new spell based on flamestrike with 99999 cast range and a dummy unit to cast it. then make 2 triggers:
set the bellow trigger initially off
  • Flames
    • Events:
      • Every 10 seconds of the game
    • Conditions:
      • ----------------------
    • Actions:
      • Unit - Create xx dummy units for player x at Center of Region 002
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Last created group and do actions:
        • Loop:
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 seconds expiration timer to picked unit
          • Unit - Order Picked unit to Bloodmage - Flamestrike random point in playable map area
then the trigger that actives the above one:
  • Events:
    • Player x types -FLAMESTRIKE MODE as an exact match
  • Conditions:
    • ---------------------
  • Actions:
    • Trigger - Turn on Flames
contains some leaks. maybe you know how to remove them

did you make like this?

Level 6
my Dummy Units have locust, if i remember locust units cant be picked in a unit group? and if you set like this wouldn't it create many units? why dont we just do Create 12 unit and do another every xx seconds? can help me rewrite it?

Level 13
for the attack thing you could use a global aura with no image but it would show the damage like 12-15 + 3, but i don't think you can use anything else then upgrades to increase basic damage (only way would be to replace the units with better units when upgrade is researched)

Level 1
Hey Guys I have 2 questions,

1. How can i use the wc3 skins i can download here
2. later xD

Deutsch:

Wo ist mein Unit ordner?!?!?!? Bei mir steht nur in meinem Wc3 ordner-> AI Scripts,Campaigns,Errors,Logs,Maps,Movies,redist,replay,save,Screenshots,support und dan noch ein paar datein und die exe halt und world editor exe u.s.w

Level 13
first of all, welcome to the hive
second: don't post your questions in other peoples threads
third: there is no "unit folder"
fourth: you need to open your world editor and go to import manager, set the correct pathes (check the pages where you downloaded the models)

in german:
also erstmal Willkommen im Hive Workshop
mach immer neue threads auf wenn du fragen hast, wenn du den worldeditor (WE) dann auf hast geh zum import manager und importiere die dateien die du runtergeladen hast, dann stellst du noch den pfad ein der auf der seite angegeben ist wo du die models runtergeladen hast, dann kannst du im objekt editor bei "model" irgendwo dein model einfügen, manchmal erscheinen die einheiten im editor dann als grüner oder lila würfel, dann einfach die map abspeichern und neu aufmachen dann gehts

PS: lies die foren regeln

Level 11
Hey Guys I have 2 questions,

1. How can i use the wc3 skins i can download here
2. later xD

Deutsch:

Wo ist mein Unit ordner?!?!?!? Bei mir steht nur in meinem Wc3 ordner-> AI Scripts,Campaigns,Errors,Logs,Maps,Movies,redist,replay,save,Screenshots,support und dan noch ein paar datein und die exe halt und world editor exe u.s.w

lol. make a new thread and post your questions there :grin:

Level 6
ok another question how do you make it like if there is X players, (X player = to number of players who is human players)you will give him like if there is 1 player, 50% exp ,2 player ,100% exp, any way to do this without doing uber long triggers?

how do you also make Special effects loop, meaning like i use the spell animate dead as the effect, i want it to continuously appear there, i tried it with units but it didnt work some help?

Level 11
for the first one:
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Make (Picked player) Heroes gain ((Real((Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)))) x 50.00)% experience from future kills
for the second question make a periodical event
every x seconds
create special effect to point/unit
destroy last created special event

Level 6
ok some new questions how about the armageedon mode, any way to make it look better and neater and much easier? read PG 1.

also for the Hero experience, can I add a game message like if there is x players and Y is the experience, then the game message will display There is x players so,Y experience rate will be set.

And also can I do tips for the game without them appearing over again? like if i have displayed a message called Hi!!!! i dont want it to appear anymore.I want the other message to appear once only,many tips will be used

Level 11
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Make (Picked player) Heroes gain ((Real((Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)))) x 50.00)% experience from future kills
          • Game - Display to all players "There is + (Integer(Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player))+ players so the experience rate is set to +((Real((Number of players in (All players controlled by a User player)))) x 50.00)+%// use concatenate strings
edited my trigger
at the tips question you have to use an array boolean variable. set the array to how many tips you want to display and default value to true. then use if/then/else. if the variable is true display the tip and after that set the variable to false. if you didn't understand i will make the trigger

Level 6
New question, how do you make Difficulty level which increases Atk,Armour,Hp.I have two types of attack,armour and hp will they stack together? and how do i make a huge attack and armour difference like.Example if normally is +2 atk and +2 armour how can i change it to +7 atk +7 armour

Level 13
You can use upgrades to do this. Just give the unit the upgrade, and set the 'Defense Upgrade Bonus' and attack bonus to what number you want. If your wanting a computer to do it, create a dummy researcher, give it the research and do this

• Player - Set the current research level of [B]RESEARCH[/B] to [B]LEVEL[/B] for [B]PLAYER[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.