• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Return And SotDRP News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
SotDRP Ashenvale is currently under production by Symmetry and a number of.... Associates. The original version leaked was called SotDRP1.04XR Ashenvale. It was a closed beta specifically for Clan RotH on USEast. Eventually one called SotDRP1.04XL Ashenvale was released as a closed beta for Clan LOTA. They were not meant to be used outside the clans so they crashed. 1.05 Ashenvale works just fine. Its the official release.

Level 12
Yeah, Symmetry is working with Omega and Anarki to make the re-re-re-make of Barrens better. I've almost forgotten about this thread, so I guess I might as well inform you all of the updates.

Due to every triggerer I've come across and their inability to carry through with making new triggers from scratch, due to the 1.24 patch destroying the triggers I had for my 1.03a Vanguard, I've teamed up with Lord-Anarki to get the fixed and finished version of Vanguard and my new terrain Requiem out.

Lord-Anarki and Narks are two different people, though they are actually related. Though Lord-Anarki not being a huge ass hole like his relative. He is working with several others to release around seven maps within June or July, a little late since SC2 will be out by then most likely, but it'll give the roleplayers who stay with WCIII or play both games to have new maps. Also, with his seven maps, and my two maps, that'll bring the total to nine new maps.

A lot of theirs though, from my understanding, will just be older terrains with some adjustments and a lot of new content, including several new models, commands, items, and spells. They will also have a few new maps too never before seen. I think they were going to release their maps first, then within a couple weeks have my two maps released as well to follow up the series.

I also have other terrains I could finish and add to the nine terrain count of roleplaying maps, but I'm currently busy on my own side projects with my Clan over on East. One being a survival/war game and the other being a 120 level tower defense.

Level 12
I already have a 96 page power point that I was using for a project for one of my gaming classes last semester to map out basically every aspect of the TD. It's basically done all except for that I just need to make type it all up in game and make everything I've made in the power point. I've already ballanced and typed up the HP, Armor, Armor Type, movement speed, and movement types for every single level, and already mapped out the attack speed, attack range, attack damage, attack type, and abilities for 60 towers layed out. I also have the terrain already built. The only thing terrain wise that needs to be done is any additional details to make it look 'pretty'. It's set up to be played by 1 player up to 8 players as well with several modes, and gives multiplayer the chance to sabotage other players while playing.

Level 12
I'm preparing to release a finished version of Vanguard with the XRP triggers. It should be ready within a few days for people to play. Right now I'm just fixing all the doodads messed up from importing all the data. Then I have to place the click spawn shops and then I'm done.

Level 12
I don't mean to double post, but this is an update to XRP - Vanguard.

With the help of Steel_Stallion, I'm that much closer to being ready to release it. Though I have a tight schedule for the next few days, I'm sure I'll be able to work out a few small problems I'm having with the map. I just need to make sure the custom models and icons work properly, and I need to add in spawners, and the map should be fully functional and ready.

Level 12
As soon as I fix the custom models and icons, and one bridge that for some reason isn't working. Though as for everything else in the game, it's running fine. I'm sure once this is out, I'll be able to have some time to work on my other map, Requiem. I'll just need to add more interiors to it, and then I'll make it into an XRP as well.

Level 12
Update.

Since it was going to take so long to re-do every custon icon and fix all the broken models, I'm going to send the finished terrain of Vanguard to TheOverWhelming, who is the creator of NGoRP - Ashenvale, a roleplay based off the basic triggers of SotDRP - Vanguard 1.03a beta, with many new additions to it making it a really great roleplaying map.

As for an estimated date, I still can't put an exact date on it, or even an estimate. He still needs to import everything, make sure they all work, then I will have to go back in it and make sure all the custom doodads I did are still the right size and everything so that we don't have another screw up like SotDRp - Vanguard 1.03a beta.

Level 1
still waiting on vanguard c, i',m really fan of it. what editor you use anyway We unlimited or the normal on or..? i hope the C part come soon (want to learn more about editor)

Level 12
I use WEU and Jass NewGen.

TheOverWhelming hasn't been on in forever, so it looks like once again I'm reduced to square one. I'm reaching out to a few friends to see if they can quickly fix the broken icons and models, and then I can have an XRP version of Vanguard released. I've also made some more progress on my Requiem terrain, it's still in the works, but it's coming along nicely.

Level 12
291nj1d.jpg

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I can't believe you guys are all still there. I ran across Anarki and he recognized me from the Hive, and so I told him to come here. Nice to see you're all still around, though.
Anyway, Stallion, we played XRP today, it was a really good choice to import Mr. Bob's human buildings. Just a few remarks:
  • Do not set armor/damage upgrades to maximum, they make melee game units much stronger than creeps. If possible, don't allow players to research these upgrades either.
  • Set the map to use the latest melee patch definitions in Map Options (the bug fixes should be applied retroactively when the game is patched, but apparently a few of them, like the health bar bug, aren't).
  • Make the new buildings take up larger space (I'm talking about the building plot it takes, for example, Town Halls take huge ones while Farms take only 4 squares of terrain), larger it's called the pathing map. It's annoying that units are constantly passing through those buildings.
  • This one is not particularly necessary, because all you have to do is avoid using them, but could you rebalance heroes and items so that they don't pawn entire armies? It's impossible to do a real fight because people always make ridiculously imba heroes. Armors that give +10 armor and +6 STR are an example. Though in your place I'd just remove these custom items altogether.

EDIT: Just so you know, RP is not really dead. I've seen this game hosted multiple times at different times of the day. The only problem I've encountered recurrently is people leaving for no reason, though a lot of them also get disconnected because these Make-Me-Host robots that people are using all the time now are not particularly trustworthy or well-functioning; people tend to lose the connection a lot and I think it's not just on their end that the problem is.

Last edited:
Level 17
I'm a very, very "Roleplay for the sake of roleplay" sort of person, Rui. I strictly roleplay with text. Everything in my maps is for show and nothing more, so I never put too much into balancing. I text fight practically everything, which is why I focused on having more diversity than balance.

There are stat modifying commands though that you can use. If an item adds 6 damage and 10 strength, subtract what ever strength and damage from the hero to compensate.

Regardless though, I don't have access to the unprotected XRP edit copies anymore, nor do I have any intention of updating them. I'm planning on creating a roleplay-centric D&D map, similar to "BSM RP" if you've ever played that one. I find people are much more focused when it's just peoples characters and a focused storyline to follow, so I've been preferring D&D style maps over the traditional SotDs and XRPs.

Also, as a D&D it's naturally going to be balanced towards RPG combat (ironically, considering my little speech in the first paragraph) and such, unlike the XRP and RARP maps.

And yeah I'm active for the summer, atleast. Good to see you're still here, Rui.

Level 1
i also like rp if youever want to rp with me... you cna find me on the europe sever. my name is just atavus or just ask here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.