• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My maps triggers stopped working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I opened a verion of the map I am working on, I did some terrain, added some weather effects etc. nothing big. I tested my map to see how the weather effects would look...
All my triggers have stopped working. I even did a test trigger to see if this is true.
Nothing works, not even triggers that have worked previously.
This is not my first encounter with the bug, and I am getting tired of it. What should i do?

Level 4
Perhaps something in the map's init code is stuck and thus nothing after it is being initialized? Try exporting your map script and looking through the code for the source of the problem.

Level 6
It's neither of what you guys have explained ><. It's really strange, I've even had this bug before 1.24 - I've been working on a map for quite some time, and suddenly all triggers stopped working. If a take a trigger from my map, copy paste into a new map it works - but I can't copy paste all my terrain, all my triggers, all my units etc. each time my game decides to fuck up! :(

Level 4
I'm not surprised that the triggers would work if you copied them to another map, hence my suggestion that something in the map init code is not working correctly and the triggers never get initialized or executed. The map script contains all the code, and that is likely where you will find the problem.

Level 4
indeed sounds like one of your init triggers (or one of your global blocks) make game stop executing the init functions (could be because you hit the OP-limit or you just crashed the thread with something invalid (like dividing by 0 or something like that))

Status
Not open for further replies.