• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map exploded. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there anyway way to fix this error?

[]Error_____________________________________________[X]

Unable to load file "C\Progra~1\Warcra~1\Maps\spells\FINALF~2.W3X"

-Level Info data missing or invalid.

_____________________[OK]_____________________________

The window looks like that.

Any ideas?

Level 6
I've imported the Cloud, Barret, and Sephiroth models from this sight; 3 mp3 files from bluelaguna.net, so it can't have currupt imports.

I tested it earlyer today and I could play it, but now, it keeps making that dang error message.

Level 10
WEU has some triggers that WE doesn't. so if you used them, then you will get crash messages when trying to load it in WE. also, just because it was on a mod site doesn't mean a resource can't be corrupted.

Level 22
Incorrect. The majority of the files on this site DO work.

Those FF7 models work. I've used them, myself. However, even non-working models would not have that effect on your map. Thats the exact same error message you get when you try to open a map that was protected by removing or damaging certain map files, like units.doo.
-VGsatomi

Level 7
i have no clue how to fix this watsoever, but i had an error the other day were i would open my map, it would work fine for 30 seconds then it would crash. I couldnt figure out wat the problem was and every day since then i thank God that i had a backup copy that i only save once every few updates so if my map is to have a bug on it ill only lose a few hours worth of work.

Level 13
VampireKB, pls be nice, not everyone (including myself) is using the "Test Map"-button (e.g. for the reasons listed above)

To the problem itself: Dunno, afaik this error just appears if any of the imported stuff is corrupted or something happened while saving the map (pc crashed or whatever). So nothing that hasn't already been said.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
VampireKB said:
NOOBS...

IF YOU TESTED YOU MAP BEFORE THAT ERROR,THAN A COPY OF THAT MAP WILL BE SITUATED AT \gameroot\maps\test\WorldEditTestMap.w3x(or w3m)

nothing more you need to know.

You get warned next time you post that.

And btw, it would be actually funny to see a map exploding.

-Rui

Level 9
Map crushes (map explodes)

Reasons:
1)Bad imported files (more chances to have a bad sound files)
2)Computer rebooting while saving map
3)End task of WE while saving map
4)CRC error at map archive
5)File at archive is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.