• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #4 - Comedy [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I found out I tried to upload the wrong file type (facerock)

edit: I did it 10 times in a row, then paused... Then realized...

And besides... Its hard to make a song, sound funny. It has to be so bad in a way that it makes it seems good to laugh. Or all you need is Rebecca black singing. Its a odd contest for choosing "funny" for music composing. Because its not that easy.

Level 16
Yes I do very much. Like I said, its not the most easy style of music to do? Because when I think of a funny song. And remember this is just my opinion "Its somewhat so bad that its funny, or its just flat out stupid. But at the same time you can listen to it".

And FL studio is a very powerful program, so if in any case you were thinking its a horrible producing product, you sir are very VERY, wrong! its the person who uses it not the program it self.

:thumbs_up: Yeah thanks for understanding.

On a side note; here is my song 100% complete.

Attachments

• Final Version 2.mp3
    4.1 MB · Views: 51
Level 16
Yes I do very much. Like I said, its not the most easy style of music to do? Because when I think of a funny song. And remember this is just my opinion "Its somewhat so bad that its funny, or its just flat out stupid. But at the same time you can listen to it".

And FL studio is a very powerful program, so if in any case you were thinking its a horrible producing product, you sir are very VERY, wrong! its the person who uses it not the program it self.

:thumbs_up: Yeah thanks for understanding.

On a side note; here is my song 100% complete.

Are you trying to call satan with this song? :goblin_jawdrop:

But at the end, longer than mine :( Well...

Maybe this one was my last try... But I don't know if this is still working :S

www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachm...33-music-contest-4-comedy-hip-hop-hive-xd.mp3

Level 16
I'm sure you are but you'll have to show it too.
Will do mate. Will do...

And yes, I am going to suggest a old classical theme song, that has a horror feel to it. So old classical song, yet creepy at the same time... Something that could fit perfectly into a game like Bioshock.

If you don't think that is such a great suggestion. I could suggest making a war styled song. A song that would be played by the Orc's during battles. Guess that means we would need to use war-drums? Anyway that's just two quick suggestions I've come up with.

Level 35
I've contacted the admins to terminate this thread and we will start a new discussion thread under "Contest Submission"

Good idea, since this one is dead... and if not a very hard genre. Believe I've only ever once heard one band play stuff that would classify as it.. no wait maybe two, if I also consider Hermans Hermits.

Level 35
The voting page is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/next-music-contests-theme-211256/

The problem is there is absolutely no one voting (only 2 voters including myself and the original poster). It seems highly unlikely that we can have any more music contests in the future if there is a general lack of interest.

Also, I don't know why the main page is saying "Music Contest 4: Comedy has begun" because if I remember correctly, we decided to cancel it and replace the theme.

Level 2
Hope you'll find this one pretty comic)

Not really inb4 the contest, since I didn't write this thingy specially for it, but nice circumstance to share this fonny thing)
Sorry for poor quality - rendered in 160kbp to suit the limit of 5mb.

Attachments

• - The J - OMGLOOKSLIKEITSELASTIC.mp3
    3 MB · Views: 48
Level 2
The problem is there is absolutely no one voting (only 2 voters including myself and the original poster). It seems highly unlikely that we can have any more music contests in the future if there is a general lack of interest.

Nope, we gotta create a new generation of mapmakers who can compose, sing, dance, etcetera, because we are the future, and future is so like this.

Level 2
Interesting TheJay but could be more creative though. More "instruments" and sounds and maybe some changes and twists to the theme.

Oh yeah and it doesn't fit our current themes.

And current theme is?
Cuz all I can see is a voting for our new theme)

Status
Not open for further replies.