1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Music Contest #3 - Schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Disasterpiece512, Feb 19, 2011.

1. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Perhaps if a sufficient amount of participants voted for an extension we could actually potentially get more final submissions.

2. redprince

redprince

Resources:
    Resources:
    can i be added to the list of contestants please? i will be working in fruity loops studio 9, and shall have a wip up in the next couple of days if that is acceptable

3. Kallimachos

Kallimachos

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well i made picture because its faster, and content cannot be stolen

4. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heres my next WIP for the Contest. If I don't make a final before the contest ends, just use this as my final please. The reason i ask this, is because I am not sure if I will have the time to work on it more. This time it is in video form from youtube.

BTW, I attached the file, so if you don't like/can't watch youtube videos theres that option as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mE_xei00rU

Attached Files:

5. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Mr.Pockets, you have quite an ambience going on there but unfortunately, there is no melody driving it.

6. wolfman

wolfman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's my WIP #2

Please please please give me some criticism!!! :vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

Attached Files:

7. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah i was afraid of that, Im really only good at ambience and sound effects, not really music. :/

8. Disasterpiece512

Disasterpiece512

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, I've added the latest entrants to the list and added JFI as a possible judge. JetFang, please tell me if you will judge or compete because I'm very confused right now D:.

My next WiP will be here soon I hope... Nice to see we have so many wips. Hope you guys come through with a full entry.

9. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah I'm kind of confused too because I really want to participate but finals are looming :( Unless an extension is issued (Wherewolftherewolf, mr.pocket, Krl70, Axegrinder90, and I could benefit from this), the contest won't have a lot of participants with finished entries, and the contest won't be as exciting.

10. wolfman

wolfman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also think an extension would be a good idea

And can someone comment on my wip please, idc if you say its sucks lol. Im thinking of just starting over
    Im horrible at judging my own music

11. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Watchman,
    Could you please update the first post everytime someone posts his final entry like Devine just did. I'm very busy at the moment and to save some time it would be great if you could keep an eye of that for me.
    This so I can immediatelly start working on my reviews the 28th.

Oh and Wolfman.
    At the moment my critism would be that it needs some change. There's one pattern that's looped through nearly the entire song.
    Try to come with a dropdown or something or work towards a certain goal in your song. Play with your volume a bit. Like most songs have they start at lets say 60% volume, somewere they reach the point where its all about at lets say 100% volume, and then drop back to 60% again. Play around with that, currently its a like a very quite ocean but I'd prefer an ocean with waves if you know what I mean;-)
    Most people forget that silence is music aswel. If you extend the big fat 'goal' of your song long enough the effect will only be bigger if you wait with it. A joke is also way more fun if you extend the clue as long as possible. If you say it too fast withoud building up tention the joke effect is gone... Same thing with songs.

MrPockets0000:
    Hmm I don't really know how I would judge that. In my opinion it's an ambient effect for a game.. not (background)music.
    I can't imagine anyone listening to that unless he plays a game. So I suppose your goal is to make something to be played on the background of a game or wc3map. In that case I really think it's more an ambient effect then background music. But it's quite freaky. So why don't you come up with some things that are being done in horror movies aswel or something. Like notes that are very close to eachother high in a piano, or a childish song.. With that background a childish song would scare the shit out of me to be honest.
    I'd would just like to hear some more 'music' or instruments in it really. But for ambient sounds it's quite cool!

13. kleinerhauck

kleinerhauck

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @wolfman
    I like the beginning a lot (until 0:12/13), it creates tension and let's you expect something big... but I got disappointed a little.
    Still I like the melody and it does sound kind of schizophrenic ;-)

14. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    no iwont benifit from it, bc my 6 yr old hard drive is shot and im using my phone to say this
    EDIT: my dad said i can use his laptop when hes not working, so maby i will be able to do some more work
    EDIT: I kindof like Devine's
    EDIT: WOLFMAN's IS AMAZING!
    EDIT: and Lexalex.... Your sound is cool, but it doesn't really reflect what I would call insane.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  15. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heres my revised version, unfortunatly no MP3 download, as I lost my wave to MP3 converter when my Desktop got it's hardrive fried. But heres the youtube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtKKj2_U1aQ
    BTW i still dont consider myself a musician. They just demanded a melody so i provided. I did create the melody tho :)

EDIT: THIS IS MY FINAL version

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  16. Brambleclaw

Brambleclaw

Resources:
    Resources:
    Never mind i dropping out. Can't think of anything. Started a piece and it turned out into techno and nothing like skitsophrenics mind so Bleh.

Good luck everyone Hope you all do well =D . Been listening to some of the wips they sound epics!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  17. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I believe if it is YOUR piece then it's fine to sample it. Most of the piece, however, should be fresh material.

Btw, can someone start a poll to gauge the number of participants requiring an extension?

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey Lex, what's that guy saying in reverse during some parts of your song ?

19. lexalex

lexalex

Resources:
    Resources:
    This! In reverse, for me sounds like german!

Attached Files:

20. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol JetFangInferno's Satanic Pony is actually starting to creep me out