• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murloc Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
well, I'm still a bit busy with life, and getting my computer back to the way it was. My Warcraft isn't properly reloaded, and thus, I can't use Magos' Model Editor, which is a good part of the modeling process for me. Other than that, its all rigged and ready to be animated. Sadly, things keep being thrown at me that prevent me from getting to it. Like: scholl startng next monday :/

Level 23
And the guy who requested it has forgotten. Afterall, it's not anyone doing it, it's varsaigen.

rofl I'll take that as a compliment :p

Well, I guess I'll have to remind Chrome about the texture. I figure Misha's getting him wrapped up on Naga :p

I think I shall begin animating him tonight :3 I have a bit of free time :p So, I shall keep you all up to date :3

Also, even if the requester forgot, I was about to do this model when I saw the request. So, either way, you are GETTING your model >:D

Level 23
Update on the anims. :D I have shortened the list to just land anims for the time being, and will see how that will turn out before I decide whether or not to continue with water anims. None the less, I have made vast progress in the list, and now only have Walk, Death, and decay to animate! :D Though, I did run into some huge problems that required me to remake the bones in a leg, and re-rig the leg area related to the different bones.

You'd be surprised at how much easier it is to animate with Metroid music playing XD When I have the land anims done, i'll have to take a break for the day to decide whether or not I want water anims. (that would include getting the "in water" effect around him to. D: Not looking forward to trying to get that to work (much less any particle or effects related to spells, firing, or much else. :/)

My geomerge, animtransfer, and particle emmiter programs are missing some file (dunno why D:) and I would love it if someone could help me on particles when I am content with the animations. Thanks.

EDIT: Hmmm... When I get it into Magos, or WC3 Viewer, the anims are screwed up, bt if I have it in Warshape, they are fine... What's going on...? If any of you could help with this problem, that'd be great. The anims only screw up when Magos and WC3 Viewer open them as mdx/mdl, but warshape has no problem with any of the filetypes. SO it must be a problem with magos and viewer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 23
And now I have to re-animate it a 4th time -.- uhg. I don't want to become sick of this model like I did the Lugia project ):

Anyways, I accept. Since I'm not good with particles, and my particle emmitter tool won't start (along with animtransfer, geomerge, and vertex modify), debode shall make the particles for this wonderful (and LONG) project :D

Level 5
I will make this model. If anyone else is, and I missed your post, then never mind. But so many people seem to want this model that to not make it would be crazy... and it would be simple enough.

EDIT: Sorry, varsaigen. I stopped reading posts at page four, and missed that you were doing this.

Last edited:
Level 23
I will make this model. If anyone else is, and I missed your post, then never mind. But so many people seem to want this model that to not make it would be crazy... and it would be simple enough.

EDIT: Sorry, varsaigen. I stopped reading posts at page four, and missed that you were doing this.

lol no problem :p I'm in the animating stage right now :p But perhaps... we can see who's murloc marine is the best XD

Now who is willing to texture it? :/

Level 23
Sounds good. I'll have to do that when I get to it. Since Chrome is pretty good, as I've had his helpin the past, I think he will be the first choice :p I've never ad Friky's work, nor do I think I've had Goblin's work, though I have seen their works in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.