• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Murloc Defense BETA 2.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Here is my first serious map. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT WITH OUT PERMISSION
The Murlocs, tired of being shunned by the land-walkers as Blizzard's pet joke, have raised an army to kill all Humans and their allies. The Murloc Legion comes in from the East to decimate their adversaries.
This is a Tower Defense But to make the game more interesting, the Murlos will attack back. Using barricades and Towers you must the save the Castle in the east from their
assault.

CHANGELOG:
(Last Updated July 17th Saturday 2010)

-Choose a Hero, or train your Builder, while Fighting against the vast horde of amphibious warriors. Revive at Revival Stations in Town (To the East).

- In this short TD style map you choose a Hero using Lumber you acquire at the beginning of the game, or by slaying the vicious Leaders of the Murloc Legion.

- Red Player may use chat commands to bolster the Murlocs when a plaayer complains they are weak. Type "-1" to summon Murloc Ghouls. "-2" to send waves of Air creeps (If your allies have already gotten Tower Lvl 3 they may regret not keeping their arrows). Type "-stop" to halt music playing and playing other music typing: "-Heroic", "-PH1"(Power of the Horde), and "-W2"(Warcraft2 Intro)

-Hidden Easter eggs appear throughout. Get more Lumber killing magical rabbits after Red types "-r". Or see what you get attacking the Gold Veins in Town.

- Protect the Castle from the Murlocs by any means.

- The credits are these: The "Dream Eater" Model i used as a Murloc Mage was the work of Jigrael, The Murloc Ghoul Model is from DonDustin, and "TideBaron" was made by dickxunder (I used it as the Battlemage "Kal'Glub")

-Miners: Each player now has 2 miners. Use these to dig at Gold Veins. When you crack open one move your mouse around and get Gold Ore. The Miners can hold up to 6 pieces. Sell These items for 125 Gold. (Notice they respawn. The Respawning ones DO NOT DROP ORE.

- More Balanced: They are slightly more balanced. This makes the game now REQUIRE multiplayer. As suggested players says, 2-6 players.

- A new Player. Player 7 is the townsfolk. Now player Red does not control the peasants. Player Green (The Towns People) has put up barricades around the starting point to aid you. (Please tell me if these are a nuisance or for good!) The NPC's in town will fight against the Murloc Legion.
UPDATES TO EXPECT LATER: I might NOTICE the might, make player Green send troops to combat the Murloc Legion. More custom heroes. A Slow Tower. "This magical Tower will aid you greatly. Every blast it sends forth slows your enemies to the speed of a slug."

-We have Elemental Towers !!! Upgrade the Special Tower to an Element Tower. Then you can use Shaman powers to conjure the 4 elemental Towers. Get Fire, which allows a powerful Splash Damage. Get Lightning, and put "Real Time Strategy" to work. Manually cast Chain Lightning (For Speed use the HotKey and make multiple Towers) and click your enemies. Build Water Towers, allowing you to manually cast Crushing Wave. This Obliterates the enemy Murloc Tide Runners. Build Earth, to slow your enemies with Earthquake.

-The Slow tower has been added. It Repetitively casts "Slow" to make opponents slower. (I know this makes the Earth Tower cheesy, but i will change it's ability to do a Seismic Blast under enemy troops.)

-Upgrading the Special Tower also allows you to upgrade your Lvl 3 Towers to Lvl 4 Towers. These Towers were made by Orc and Goblin engineers to fire missiles at enemy land AND air enemies.

- Ever wanted to have an item that's not in a map? Post a suggestion here or /whisper me if I'm on, and I might use your Idea. Don't worry you will be mentioned in the item description. I have built a "Suggestion Shop" to sell these item's at.

- Lastly: I have Strengthened Kal'Glub,Gurgles and the Murloc Battle Mutant (Giant Murloc Ghoul) to increase balance. Food is Increased to its original 78. Lag_Reviews, you are now credited in my map for being the one to Review it.
-1.7B update. I changed some things. I added a new wave to send air units. Air units are tougher. Restock rate ans stock start delay are both 30 seconds for Murloc Mercenaries. Beast master now does not require an Altar. I'm sorry for that mix-up.
- Minor update 1/15/10, Workshop is fixed, so you dont accidentely use lumber to repair it. Sorry for not fixing it previously.

-I fixed the glitch that allowed you to Unbuild frams for wood.
-I added a hero only I may unlock to balance game if too many players drop.
new credits are added for new modles used.
-a few new items in the Suggestion Shop(Renamed Special Shop)
- Heroes have been powered up. The have higher ability increments, so now they wont be raped by the Fish-Men.
- Makura Wave Added
-Bosses get more ability points per level.

-I have added the Pit Lord to the Mercenary Guild.
-I have added Air Towers, almost perfectly equal to normal towers but upgrades still revolve around normal towers.
-I have added more waves after i stopped being lazy.(I had to find the trigger that turns other triggers on.
-Makura start spawning every 30 seconds like regular Murlocs after the humongous Makura Raid.
-Murloc Ghouls start spawning as regular creeps after you kill Lady Grml
-You can make farms that produce 5 food each but are very expensive.
If any of this is broke, if lumber goes missing after repairs, TELL ME BY POSTING ON THIS PAGE. I also add some requests to my map.

- I have done some exploring on the editor. Instead of lumber, all things lumber have been changed to souls.
-You can buy souls from Death at his [Somewhat] hidden shop.
-Typos have been fixed.
-Special thanks to Mouseman89, the credits have been moved into quests. Legends ( or tips on the game) have been added too. The Objective and a list of buildings have been added too.
-You may now construct your own farms, for a price.
-Mini Altars can be built.
-Loading screen has been changed to "Generic"

-You can now play as player gray,The Murloc Minions. Choose a Hero (as of now there are only 10), Train some troops, fight for the Murlocs.
-New quest instructions on player gray.
-Gray Heroes have no souls, bounty is awarded for killing humans.

-Player Gray may choose his hero with a command located in the Player Gray
Quest.
- Gray Player currently has 1 new Hero: Murloc Swordsman
- You can now sell buildings with an Unsummon spell.(50% refund)
- New shop, Wacky Tower Builders. It is a suggestion box for weird Builders.
There is currently 1.
- Pandaren Brewmaster and Giant B Cell Heroes may be bought at the
Hero Centers.
- Tree cutters can be bought at the goblin Workshop, they cut trees which may drop lumber.

I think its safe to say this isnt rly out of beta. i have renamed it to be called beta.
-Hidden Balrog and Cow King heroes have been added
-Monk hero is still under development.
-not so hidden cow area added with a secret item.
-credits have been added below.
- a working anti stuck has been added REJOICE! spawns will no longer get stuck.
-Murloc Base was moved and a portal was added that leads to the spawn area.
- it says 2.2 at the bottom right of the minimap.

Screenshots as of April 5th 2010

April 1st Picture

183202-albums3140-picture26594.jpg

The Town

183202-albums3140-picture26606.jpg

183202-albums3140-picture26792.jpg

The Murloc legion. Bosses at top: Lady Grml, Kal'Glub, Rmglbrgrblbglrm, and Gurgles.
Minions are: Murloc Ghoul, Murloc Archer, Tiderunner,Mage,Nightcrawler, Makrura Tidecaller, Tidal Lord,
Makrura Prawns, Murloc Huntsmen, and Murloc Ninjas.

The all Important CREDITS:

This map made by: Dragon270.
Models: Murloc Mage by Jigrael, Murloc Ghouls DonDustin, Battlemage by dickxunder for tidebaron model, the Half-Dragon looking models are by General Frank, Goggles and arm drill by Fingolfin andarmor was modeled by Kitabatake on The Hive Workshop
Special thanks to aroc91 and naurto26 (Warcraft 3 Usernames) for helping test a kick system.

I am using my Profile and Murloc Defence Photo Album as Release Notes. Check there for upcomming heroes, Features, and to post your suggestions.

Keywords:
Murloc, TD, Defend, Castle, Dragon270, Cyborg Dragon
Contents

Murloc Defense BETA 2.2 (Map)

Reviews
20:41, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Leaks, bad terrain.
Level 7
murloc guys cant cut down trees, in attack targets allowed make sure trees it checked. Why only 1 hero for murlocs?

EDIT uhh it costs 5 food to turn into robo goblin
EDIT2 last boss says "surrender you lives now" should be your.
EDIT3 forgot to mention this, iron forged swords name should be changed to like bullets or something. You could edit beserkers strength to increase footmens health to, since most things can 1-3 hit them(by like 25 or whatever)
EDIT4 look under undead unit abilitys, unsummon buildings just give it to workers and change % given back amount (probably get rid of pillage or whatever its called then).

Last edited:
Level 7
Nuke ability still says conjures a piller of flames.

Murloc hero ideas:

Name: Human turncoat:
Model: bandit
ABilitys: windwalk, name changed to sneak, axe throw, (edited stormbolt) critical hit, and ultimate is Last stand(or something like that) basically avatar.

Name: Naga Siren,
Model: Naga Siren,
ABilitys: Parasite, poisen just poisens enemeys, summon guards, just summons a few makura, and Ultimate is Charm.

Name: Naga Royal Guard,
Model: Naga Mymyradon,
ABilitys: Royal Armor increases his armor, Wound, gives a chance to wound the target slowing and dealing damage over time, Join me Bretheren!, gives control of nearby allied units, (Not heroes) for X seconds, and Ultimate is Charge of the Murlocs! stampede edited.

EDIT ok tested it, they can cut down trees, though can you change the terrain a bit? right now near all of its the stone and grass, not much of anything else. Also, the murloc ghouls and mukaru by the soul dealer are owned by the murloc legion, makes it easy to find where it is then, and for the soul dealer under sats put hide minimap didsplay = true

Last edited:
Level 7
1. yes but it says conjures
3 for what ability?

EDIT Join Me Bretheren1 right?

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Immolation
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 9 (Gray) and Change color)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Race of (Picked unit)) Equal to Human
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Previous owner) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
something like that but that still converts enemies.

Last edited:
Level 4
I dont know. I playing with teraining now. I hit max neutral buildings. The starting area is more of a base now. should i make the special tower train tree cutters?

I also have added 1 new hero. Im messing around with difficulty.

Buildings can be built on the road now. (All this after the map name says Murloc Defence 2b)

Level 4
Murloc Defence 2.1 is coming. 2 new heroes for the humans(Pandaren Brewmaster and something secret). 1 new hero for the Murlocs(Murloc Swordsman).
You can post you suggestions here. All will be accepted in the map until shop space is full.
A hero suggestions shop might be added if we can get 3 suggested.

Last edited:
Level 1
Just finished the map (solo) and found it really fun and challenging.

Doom Bringer with his 80% splash attack is really a step up from the other heroes. He and some fountains can almost take the waves alone.

For bosses Death and Decay makes the battles a lot easier. So a tank and the necro casting it = dead boss.

I didnt play it on multiplayer but I guess that maybe the map would become too overcrowded with units. Spamming marines and tanks is the key not only to kill stuff but also to protect the towers. On solo I had units all around and couldnt control the mess most of the time. So I think that on multiplayer theres gonna be A LOT going on the screen.

For the future what I would like to see is more customization on heroes, with some more items. Also some more hero with auras would be cool for playing it coop.

Level 4
I saw this because I have subscribed and check my gmail every day.

Those are some good points. I need a spell to replace necromancers death n decay and raising the the food cost of the footmen may fix spam. A new update soon should span out spawns farther apart. This is to make things easier. Makrura blocking the spawner at whatever time they first spawn will be gone too.

A hero with auras would be nice. I will lower some things on the Pit Lord and make him cost 2 souls.I may replace cleave with endurance aura.

Lastly, thanks for your opinions. Glad you like the map.

Level 2
i dont see why ure still making new versions without fixing the issues with your old versions this has been broken since version 1.6 maybe sooner i dont know that was first version i played but of all 17 games ive played we get to play the first wave when were still alive up front then after that they keep spawning but they just sit there making a box of units around their spawn they dont ever move or attack the only thing u can do is send a hero and hope he can get one or 2 at a time

there was only 1 game i played where we got to the second boss before they allf roze

Level 4

version i played but of all 17 games ive played we get to play the first wave when were still alive up front then after that they keep spawning but they just sit there making a box of units around their spawn they dont ever move or attack

I know. I cant figure it out. I wont put out another until its fixed.

sometimes if they do keep going the final boss just sits and gets healed, where your best chance is to make an army and throw it at him.I need to make an antistuck tower or something.
sometimes when they go they fill up the start area to the brim occasionally moving and in a continuous wave, which lags.

Ive tried adding time between waves, and pulling the houses at the spawner apart. I even made more regions for them to go past. Ive made the regions larger to take up most the start area
so they all get moved.

Antistuck seems to be the best option now. If i made it do small damage to send the murlocs walking around the region theyll start marching along

Newominus you already suggested a skeleton based item. Maybe i could make the book cast raise dead and the helm cast feral spirit for skeletons.

the mini farms cost food, and if all your farms are destroyed it isnt possible to build it back up, maybe have revival station give 10-20 food?

/done 20 food=4 towers or 10 footmen.

Level 9
@above

I did?

To make this post seem more useful, does cutting down trees actually give you lumber? I cut down like 57 trees and it didn't do anything.

Level 4
antistuck added. The fountain is owned by player green and its aura only heals allies. Murloc Healers cannot cast heal on heroes. can you guys see updated map i cant for some reason.

EDIT: I have recently noticed makrura Tidecallers can cast a higher lvl heal that i have not editted. I will have to fix that.

Last edited:
Level 22
As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

Additional Information:

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Level 4
The new map will have about twice or thrice as much building room, heroes will be hidden and found throughout the map, it will be rewritten as the Failocs from
http://us.media.blizzard.com/blizzard/falth/failocalypse.html
versus the blizzard universe.Either the same old town or blizzcon will be at the bottm of the map while the failocs charge from the north. A larger section of the map will be a market, Murloc Player will be balanced out, techtree will be fixed and I'll try to make the terrain better. I will also try to add cinematics.
The bossfights will be pretty much the same, but the waves will be better and less monotonous.

Ill use alot of suggestions from this thread and I will bring back a few of the heroes and items from the last one.

If it is possible I will go as far as making a Loading screen.
The comic titles will be changed but the comic story will slowly change into Failocs.