• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multishot-Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Depends on what you mean by multi-shot.

Easiest way is to base it off of a dummy immolation, check when they have it active, and when it's active, give the attacking unit a dummy barrage ability. That's about it :/ not much to it.

Level 9
Depends on what you mean by multi-shot.

Easiest way is to base it off of a dummy immolation, check when they have it active, and when it's active, give the attacking unit a dummy barrage ability. That's about it :/ not much to it.
I meen A hero Atack's a not 1 unit but 2-3 at a time and I need it to be autocast (GUI pls)

Level 9

What he meant was that you could have a dummy ability based off channel. When you cast it, add split shot. When you cast it again (off), remove split shot.

Please calm down with the caps.
lol never did that in my life can you make some example of that on an empty map and sorry about the other post tout that he was not understanding me
:infl_thumbs_up: sorry pal

Level 40
Here's what it would be for Searing Arrows;

• Trig
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(flamingarrows))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Barrage to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unflamingarrows))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Barrage from (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions

Level 4
Torment Hero Arena has a Multi Shot ability, although not in autocast. And it's also unprotected, meaning you can go in, nick the nessecary stuff and place it in your map. You can just google it, it should be there. As for making it autocast, Drain Pipe should be able to help you out (or I will if he's not looking into it)

Level 9
Torment Hero Arena has a Multi Shot ability, although not in autocast. And it's also unprotected, meaning you can go in, nick the nessecary stuff and place it in your map. You can just google it, it should be there. As for making it autocast, Drain Pipe should be able to help you out (or I will if he's not looking into it)

here's the map View attachment (8)THA1.1.w3x 10x for your help will you make it autocasting plssssssss plssssssssssss :razz:

Level 40
The multishot itself is the easy part, and has been down since the start ><

Anyways, contrary to everything Just_Spectating said (please don't say that they definitely don't work next time, unless they definitely don't...), I tested my exact trigger and it works perfectly.

Here it is again for good measure.

• MultiShot
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Replace Barrage with your custom ability. Base the autocast spell off Searing Arrows.

Level 9
The multishot itself is the easy part, and has been down since the start ><

Anyways, contrary to everything Just_Spectating said (please don't say that they definitely don't work next time, unless they definitely don't...), I tested my exact trigger and it works perfectly.

Here it is again for good measure.

• MultiShot
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Replace Barrage with your custom ability. Base the autocast spell off Searing Arrows.

I can't do it pls some one help

Level 4
How can you not do that? I posted the exact trigger, you just need to pick and choose what I put there from the drop-down menus.

It also might help if you pick the Add Event/Condition/Action button(s). I know that even a noob would figure that bit out, but that's still a point to make

Level 10
Thing about your trigger, purple, is that while it works fine, does it work in the following conditions:

-You have it active but don't have the mana for the shot.
-You target a unit once with this ability.

Based just on the order, it's nice, but those two drawbacks are the reasons I don't use an actual auto cast ability. Another reason is that there's a bug with detecting damage dealt if they have that buff; it returns a damage value of 0. So using that ability severely limits triggering capabilities.

There's another secret way to do it (although I can't share that little bit of information; it's for a private map, even though maybe most have already done it that way and you could get it from them)

however, The use of the immolation buff works fine, you'd just need 1 periodic trigger, or 1 timer and trigger to check if the target has the buff; if they do, add the ability and set a boolean to make sure you don't keep on adding it. If they don't, take it off and set the boolean so it doesn't have to repeat that action if nothing is going on. That way, you don't have to worry about attacking a unit, or running out of mana. If you want even better results, set it to drop their mana by X for every hit they make and you'll have almost exactly the same effect.

Still, it would be possible to trigger this so that, it gets the damage you would have dealt, then detects which units will be hit, then fires arrows at them and deals according damage that will be subject to resistance and all that. It would be slightly more advanced than multi shot, which sometimes targets units behind you and such.... because you could customize your cone of detection.

but that's if you're clever enough to figure out how it's done. :)))

Level 40
True, I forgot about the former altogether. (the second is unfixable without complete triggering, though) However, you'd have to do a lot of triggering to get around it.

It depends if he wants to use mana costs, though.

And saio, you didn't even give her the searing arrows ability, of course it doesn't work... (also, why can she learn the Multiple Shot dummy ability..?)

Level 9
True, I forgot about the former altogether. (the second is unfixable without complete triggering, though) However, you'd have to do a lot of triggering to get around it.

It depends if he wants to use mana costs, though.

And saio, you didn't even give her the searing arrows ability, of course it doesn't work... (also, why can she learn the Multiple Shot dummy ability..?)
that trigger is buged !!!
iven if she run's out of mana she continues to multishot and the ability can't get more that lvl 1

Last edited:
Level 10
Well if you wanna keep it simple for the rest of the spell, that one time thing requires that you make it way more complicated and intricate for that one scenario. That's why I prefer using an immolation style ability or an ability which has 2 icon pictures when you use it, it rids you of the first problem, which is almost impossible (i don't know if it detects stuff as being based on attack, or spell casting) and also the second one as well. I'd use a slightly different method but it'd be almost exactly the same overall.

Level 9
Well if you wanna keep it simple for the rest of the spell, that one time thing requires that you make it way more complicated and intricate for that one scenario. That's why I prefer using an immolation style ability or an ability which has 2 icon pictures when you use it, it rids you of the first problem, which is almost impossible (i don't know if it detects stuff as being based on attack, or spell casting) and also the second one as well. I'd use a slightly different method but it'd be almost exactly the same overall.

:razz::razz::razz::razz:
?????????
:witch_doc_sad:
???????????

Level 40
that trigger is buged !!!
iven if she run's out of mana she continues to multishot and the ability can't get more that lvl 1
I only made the trigger support 1 level. You can easily fix this by adding a Unit - Set Level of Ability For Unit after the Unit - Add Ability.

The manacost problem is known, yes, but you can't really get around it without fully triggering the ability.

He's saying you should activate/deactivate immolation (or etc) to turn it on/off.

Level 9
I only made the trigger support 1 level. You can easily fix this by adding a Unit - Set Level of Ability For Unit after the Unit - Add Ability.

The manacost problem is known, yes, but you can't really get around it without fully triggering the ability.

He's saying you should activate/deactivate immolation (or etc) to turn it on/off.
can you give me the trigger on a map like I did?

Level 35
that was what I was talking about in the previous posts....you didn't read all of it did you?

I did... this wasnt what you talked about... you talked about immolation and buff. Not the adding and removing of the abiltiy, which fix that the hero cant use it if run out of mana. Which means this is easier... what I talked about.

Level 10
here's some backup:

however, The use of the immolation buff works fine, you'd just need 1 periodic trigger, or 1 timer and trigger to check if the target has the buff; if they do, add the ability and set a boolean to make sure you don't keep on adding it. If they don't, take it off and set the boolean so it doesn't have to repeat that action if nothing is going on. That way, you don't have to worry about attacking a unit, or running out of mana. If you want even better results, set it to drop their mana by X for every hit they make and you'll have almost exactly the same effect.

further proof.

Level 35
Okay trying again... was I meant.. maybe I didnt speak clearly was that imolation isnt the only way to do this... you can make a abilty called multishot... when you click it you get a hidden multishot. and the clicked ability is replaced.. but well it does the same in the end. Just told about an other similar sulution, as it appeared to be hard for Saio to do what you suggested. But well if he uses yours then fine...

Level 10
oh ok, my bad. It sounded like you were suggesting exactly the same thing, but yeah, your way would work equally well. Pretty much any ability or triggering which switches 2 icons on the command button, would work.

I just figured using immolation would be simplest for him in terms of lowering the amount of triggering he'd have to do.

Level 35
oh ok, my bad. It sounded like you were suggesting exactly the same thing, but yeah, your way would work equally well. Pretty much any ability or triggering which switches 2 icons on the command button, would work.

I just figured using immolation would be simplest for him in terms of lowering the amount of triggering he'd have to do.

inded yes. Sometimes the more complicated, but in someway more simple can be easier. But well as long as he got the answear he wanted, it isnt importent. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.