• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Warcraft 3 Running on a Single PC

When you run the multisession, open LAN on one window. Change the name to something other than what is already in there. Create the map and do all that jazz. Then go to the other window and click LAN. iirc it should work.

As for Battle.Net, you need to have a unique CD key to log in (which is not really feasible with the kLoader technique--or at least not practical). If you try to log in from another window while one window is logged into Battle.Net, it'll say something along the lines of "The CD key is in use by <player>".

Level 4
Is this only possible when you're the admin? I could only do an instance and running kloader again is just like running the warcraft III exe.
test.JPG

It shows a kind of error too when I run kloader the first time but when I close that error, wc3 doesn't close.
test2.JPG

Level 13
@Jake the Dog, I'm admin of my computer and I get the same error auctually, so I don't think being admin matters. Auctually, my computer switches between "War3 failed to initialize" and the error you got. Tried on three dif. computers of mine and it works on 0 of them. How odd o_O all different errors too..

Level 8
I get a similar set of errors to JaketheDog's. The first time I try to run the program it gives me the error message 'Frozen Throne has stopped working'. However, the program runs anyway even if I click close on that error window. If I try to open a second copy, I get 'Warcraft III Expansion: Frozen Throne is already running.

So basically it doesn't work for me at all. Here are the details of the first error message if that helps: Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Frozen Throne.exe
Application Version: 1.5.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3eb0223d
Fault Module Name: kLoader.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b2661d4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 7499660c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Level 1
Not working for me on Win7 Pro x64
Process is created ok, but after a short ammount of time, war3.exe process is killed from system.

Running W3MultipleLauncher with administrator privileges, war3.exe process is created ok, after a few seconds it vanishes.

Tested with both installing warcraft III on the machine and not installing, but copying the physical files over. Some applications needs the registry info of war3 to work, looks like kLoader don't work with registry infos of war3.

The last part of my testing would be installing only warcraft 3 on a fresh formatted PC, can't do that right now, so, if anyone can do that post the results please.

Until this point the result is: Not Working for Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

Level 1
Hey, I was getting the same error, only one instance can be run at a time or something similar. But I managed to make it work after deleting some obsolete war3 registries from previous installations.
I do warn you, if u attempt to modify registries or delete them, only do that for warcraft 3 program. I myself managed to brake at least one other program while messing with registers, so be careful!

Hey, I was getting the same error, only one instance can be run at a time or something similar. But I managed to make it work after deleting some obsolete war3 registries from previous installations.
I do warn you, if u attempt to modify registries or delete them, only do that for warcraft 3 program. I myself managed to brake at least one other program while messing with registers, so be careful!

That is definitely worthwhile advice. :)

Out of curiosity, do you know which registries you deleted? It might be useful for people who experience the same error.

Level 1
That is definitely worthwhile advice. :)

Out of curiosity, do you know which registries you deleted? It might be useful for people who experience the same error.

It was nothing fancy I was looking through them and I saw some that were obviously not right, like GamePath and InstallPath were pointing to locations no longer existent. I don't remember if there were others I modified/deleted.

Level 1
Last edited:
Level 2
It wont make A SECOND ONE

Every time i press it the first time it works. When i press it again it says it unable to initialize. :goblin_jawdrop:

I am getting the "Warcraft 3 was unable to initialize" since the 1.27 patch (I reinstalled the game between). Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

We'll probably need to wait for an update from the author or from another person. Or wait for the patch switcher to be updated--then you can just switch to 1.26 for development and then 1.27 when you want to play on BNet/LAN.

Level 1
Please help! I run the Instance loader and it loads up one warcraft 3 game, but when I try to launch the instance loader again, it gives an error saying unable to initialize. what can I do and I know this is 2016 but I need help :D

Level 1
Level 1
I won't work for me writing unable to initialize :(
ED: welp it fixed ^^

Last edited:
Level 4
1 times worked, 2. window does not open, gave error.

Warcraft III was unable to initialize.

why :/

Level 1
What do I do with this, it says it cannot find the war3.exe but it is there, or did I do something wrong
upload_2020-4-9_10-37-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-9_10-36-14.png
    upload_2020-4-9_10-36-14.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 54
Level 1
I have tried versions 1.24 and 1.26.
On 1.24 I managed to start 2 instances of wc3.
When I hosted a game on the LAN. I was never able to see it on the other device.
Shortly after starting the instances, they crashed.

I am using windows 8.1.
The game is not installed in the folder. I have just copied it from another.

Level 1
Can anyone tell me how to creat my own host and join it with another is there's any program for that as i use cracked version of wow 3 just trying to play as 2 players at the same device but without b.net host