• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, the biggest problems we're trying to find solutions to are spell implementations to the actual campaign file. The problem exactly, is that vJASS is giving us trouble with importing these triggered spells into the game. If you figure out a way to make vJASS made spells or vJASS triggers in general work with Campaigns (Maps) properly, please inform us of how to do it immediately, and supporting your theory with a campaign that uses vJASS in some areas will be very much appreciated and respectable for sure!
~Craka_J

Well if you want vJASS stuff and whatever you use to do vJASS doesn't work for campaigns, you can always export the map, do the stuff with your spells, then reimport the map.

And to solve object data just export it from the campaign (or map if you changed stuff there), import it into the stand alone map (not via import manager but via object editor), do your stuff with the vJASS, then reimport the map back into the campaign. Simple.

And don't worry if imported models and stuff don't show up once you've exported the map. Once you've reimported it back into the campaign it will work as if nothing happened.

Level 5
Sigh... I've tried that. It works, but you have to do that every single time you do anything to the map. Plus to do any kind of doodad/terrain moving/editing you have to export the map(so that you can save it with the vJASS triggers) and then all custom doodads are large purple checkered boxes making it very difficult to move them around accurately.
Thanks for trying! +Rep

Level 1
I think this way of multiplayer is amazing! Though I have a question...

Will we be requiring a Warcraft III that enables Battle.Net? Because, to be honest, I'm using this "pirated" version of Warcraft III. A crack. I'm sure most of you know what a crack is.

Level 25
Yeah using pirated versions of WarCraft III might cause difficulties. We haven't had anyone test a pirated version, but most likely it should still work. But when it comes to trying to go online with it (Dedicated servers) you will probably have a chance of being disconnected while playing or not be able to connect at all.

I highly recommend you buy the actual game. It isn't that much anymore. I bought Wc3:RoC and Wc3:TFT for only 20 bucks in the Battle Chest at GameStop.

~Craka_J

Level 36
It will be free. But not for us, the makers. We'll need to probably set up special servers for the game, which may cost us, the team, money monthly. We'd put up a donation button on the website for people to voluntarily aid us in helping you guys. It's not selling the game, just making it function. And to make it function properly, it will need some advanced stuff that money CAN buy. :)

It isn't required that you donate money. But if we get no donations, the public will play a very laggy server.

I might donate if I like it enough :p
But only something like 5 or 10 dollars, I'm broke :xxd:

Level 25
Thanks for the support and reassuring us that you'll do more than just give postive comments. But we are not yet sure if we'll even need donations. Hopefully not, but if we do, I'll definitely have a PayPal button set up on the website.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.