• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiplayer or Singleplayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
AtLEAST 100mbs? I don't think it will be that big lol, so far the demo is around25mbs. But if we really dedicate ourselves to this and actually make Lordaeron too, then yes. You can expect that this campaign will be around 100mbs. :)

Level 4
hey have u guys ever though about keeping it single player BUT adding into the single player game an option to save ur character via -save... that way if you wanted you could create like some actual raids which can only be done via multiplayer and using the codes e.g. you cant make a new hero in the raid u have to load 1... this way you could add an extra twist into the game so that the only way players can get the best items is through multiplayer raiding... also this would satisfy every group of player... the loan player and the social player what do you guys think?

Level 4
well funnily enough i never said that you map would be anything like that... and if you actually read my post ... >_> you would have seen that i was saying you could create EXTRA maps like 2 or 3 in which players can join together to defeat the enemy... and i dont see how this isnt possible either... all thats needed is for every one of the campain maps to include the trigger to generate a save/load code for onlne pla by typing -save or -load... which can easily be done >_>... then players just need to load their hero back into the game and can save it to their computers... >_> sigh... that would enable you to make it that only the best items are obtained through cooperative play... plz read my post in full next time... V_V

Level 25
Now why make several maps (more like a map per zone) just so people can PvP and PvE? Sounds pointless lol
I don't know. Just seems more sensable about playing in a single-player campaign that has a bunch of AI computer players running around with you to PvP and PvE. Besides... AI computer players are more loyal :D

Level 4
yeah but your map will atract more people if you did this... Because all rpgs nowdays are multiplayer... it wouldnt be that hard... also theres the social thing where you can play with your freinds

Level 25
You couldn't even make a map the size of 96x96 with no doodads and a keyboard movement system not lag, how can we make a map of such quality fun if it will lag like mofo? And we will not make seperate maps(zones) of WoW because that is pointless, rhetorical and a waste of time. No one would even play it! Maybe for an hour... tops!
Anyway, to get back on topic:

This modification for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, will be a campaign file, not a .exe or something complicated like that. And if you are not familiar with the Warcraft III Engine which we are using to make this campaign, campaigns are not eligible to play on Bnet or even a LAN game, meaning that this campaign will be 100% single-player, which means only ONE(1) player can play this campaign, no matter what we(WC3:WoW Team) do. And even if this project was turned into a single map, it'd still be way too big of a file to play on BattleNet or LAN because of the filesize limit. BattleNet filesize limit is 4mb, same for LAN games. Therefore, there is no hope for this project ever being actually multiplayer, so stop asking if it's multiplayer or not! Thank you!
-Craka_J
~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.