• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Mr_Bean's
SPELL WORKSHOP
(Thread #3)

Mr_Bean.jpg

Introduction
If you are working on a Warcraft III project that requires custom spells, then this is the place for you!
Simply post a request detailing the spell(s) that you require, and I will do my best to code the spell (in vJASS) for you.
Then you can import it into your map and use it as part of your project, and watch your idea in action!

Background
I originally started a spell workshop in April 2012, which became quite popular.
The thread became quite long, so I started a second thread for the workshop.
However, university started to take up most of my time, so I became inactive for a year or so.
Now that the year is coming to an end, I have some more free time and thought I would try to help out here where I can.
I couldn't see any active spell workshops, so I thought I would reopen mine.

Request Format
All requests will be done in vJASS!
If you would like to make a request, please stick to this template as far as possible.
This ensures that I will have all the required information when I am trying to complete your request.
Simply copy this template into your post and add the necessary details.

Spell Name: #
Coded In: vJASS (sorry, no choice)
Caster Type: unit/hero
Number of Levels: #
Spell Type: active/passive/other (explain)
Target Type: none/object/ground/other (explain)
Mana Cost: #
Cooldown: #
Detailed Description: Please explain how the spell works in detail. Include values where possible (like damage or stun duration). List special effects that you would like, and when they must be created.

Please also specify whether you are using a damage detection system in your map, so that I can use the same one if it is required.

But GUI Is Awesome!
I will only be completing requests in vJASS, which requires JASS NewGen Pack to be installed.
If you use GUI triggers in your map, and have no idea how vJASS (or even JASS) work, not to fear!
All you will need to modify is a few lines of code (a minimum of 1) to get your spell working.
It will be very easy to see where to change what.
It is actually much easier to modify code than GUI, in my opinion, because you can just change a number, instead of searching through actions, looking for the right thing.

The End Product
When your request has been completed, it will be uploaded and attached to the first post of this thread.
It will be in the form of a simple demo map.
You can then download and test it.
If you're happy with the result, you can import it into your map.

Feedback
If, after testing the demo map, you aren't satisfied with how your request has been done, please post a reply to this thread, stating what you would like changed.
I will attempt to make the changes and upload a new version of the completed request.

Requests In Progress
- jonbon29: Unstoppable Force
- Foxhound03: Shellshock
- FRENGERS: Everlies

Completed Requests

Attachments

• kenegeneget13 - Black Hole.rar
    72.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Love Seeker - Magic Brain.rar
    56.3 KB · Views: 118
  • sonofjay - Poison Salve.rar
    55.1 KB · Views: 110
  • kenegeneget13 - Black Hole v2.rar
    76 KB · Views: 112
  • Chaosy - Advanced Patrol.rar
    46.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 8
1st Blood!!!

Spell Name: Dimensional Black Hole
Caster Type: hero
Number of Levels: 6
Spell Type: active
Target Type: ground
Mana Cost: 400
Cooldown: 200
Detailed Description:
CHANNELED - Summons a vortex that sucks in nearby enemy units. Enemies affected by Black Hole cannot move, attack, or cast spells. The closer units get to the center, the more damage is dealt. Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter.

RADIUS: 600
CAST RANGE: 400
MIN DAMAGE PER SECOND: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 / 175
MAX DAMAGE PER SECOND: 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 350
DURATION: 5 at all levels

Look at this Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKIcPeAYPw

Level 13
Shit! No First Blood! Here's my request

Spell Name: Magic Brain
Coded In: vJASS
Number of Levels: 1(Ultimate)
Spell Type: pasdive
Target Type: none
Mana Cost: 0
Cooldown: 0
Detailed Description: Everytime Magician attacks, he has 20% chance to toss the attacked unit to air for 2.5 seconds(SFX=Ancient Protector Missle death, 50 dmg) or 20% chance to stun attacked unit(SFX for stun=Dizzle effect, 1 sec stun, 20 damage) and 5% chance to send attacked unit to random point in the map(with ping for enemies and SFX=Dark Summon Target)

Level 28
Ohhh a spell workshop, this will come in handy. Oh and glad to see you back bean, its been a while.

Spell Name: #
Number of Levels: 1
Spell Type: active
Target Type: unit/ground
Mana Cost: X
Cooldown: X
Detailed Description: Make the hero throw a bottle(any effects will do) on an area making X effect(any placeholder is fine) causing any enemy unit around the X AoE of the to deal x damage over time. If a friendly unit is around the area then heal them with x hp over time. Damage/Heal last for x seconds. ONLY IF POSSIBLE. If the unit go out of the area then stop the damage/heal.

Xs should be configurable. :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Basically it's a system I failed to create myself. Or rather, I failed to create the remove function which is kinda needed.

System Name: Advanced Patrol
Description: Allows the user to order a unit to patrol between a unlimited amount of locations in order.
loc1 > loc2 > loc3 > loc 1

Methods needed:
RemovePatrol(unit u)
AddWaypoint(unit u, location l)
RemoveWaypoint(unit u, location l)
PausePatrol(unit u)
ResumePatrol(unit u)
note: I don't need a spell to be created by you in order to demostrate or something like that. I am happy with just the raw-code.

Level 17
Doesn't sound too complicated. Do you code in vJASS? If so, I think it would be better to have it so you can create patrols without them being bound to a single unit. Basically you would set up the patrol by specifying the checkpoints, and then send a unit to that patrol. This way you can send multple units on the same patrol while only setting the patrol up once.
Or would you not prefer this?

Level 17
Update:
kenegeneget13 - Black Hole uploaded!
Love Seeker - Magic Brain uploaded!

Please test the spells quite a bit; there were my first 2 spells in a long time! :S

Update2:
sonofjay - Poison Salve uploaded!
@Love Seeker: Sorry, I didn't use the effects you specified, but they can be easily changed in the code.

Last edited:
Level 8
Update:
kenegeneget13 - Black Hole v2 uploaded! Units will now rotate around the centre while being dragged in. Also added an optional requirement so that units won't be dragged over impathable terrain.

Wow the spell was greatful, thankyou Mr. Bean :D :ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

EDIT :
Is this a bug? or a feature?? it both occurs on v1 and v2

I just cast it and reset and cast it again and the first blackhole extends durations...?
2nkkh0y.jpg

Level 13
Glad too see another spell workshop here I hope it won't die early anyway godbless.
May I request a spell?

Unstoppable force
The hero dashes in the selected area,damages nearby units and send them airborne.
Target: aoe
Hero spell: yes
Cooldown: 15 sec.
Target type: ground
As for the aoe radius,mana cost,spell damage,how many lvl,and the cast range, its up to you then I'll just edit it so it won't be much harder for you no rush though.

Level 7
Spell Name: Duel System
Caster Type: none
Number of Levels: none
Spell Type: System
Target Type: none
Mana Cost: none
Cooldown: none
Detailed Description:
After countdown timer expire the system pick 1 random participant in each team.
RADIUS: whole map
CAST RANGE: none

Level 17
Sorry I've been quiet; I've been working on an Android app.
@jonbon29: ~Accepted.
@iamdl: ~Rejected. Sorry, I don't usually accept systems, and this one seems complicated.
@apcrabnightlive: Sounds like an interesting spell. Before I accept, how experienced are you with vJASS? To be able to use this system you will need to know some vJASS.

Level 12
Spell Name: Shellshock
Number of Levels: 1
Spell Type: active (explain)
Target Type: ground, no area of effect type spell as base (explain)
Mana Cost: 250
Cooldown: 75
Detailed Description: Creating a shockwave of pure light energy (Like the Distortion Wave spell from this pack) the Company Champion Launches a wave of holy magic, Causing a powerful damaging knockback from the area of effect. Units under the effect of Shellshock is weakened by the Holy flames awhile suffering from constant burn damage.

Level 13
Sorry I've been quiet; I've been working on an Android app.
@jonbon29: ~Accepted.
@iamdl: ~Rejected. Sorry, I don't usually accept systems, and this one seems complicated.
@apcrabnightlive: Sounds like an interesting spell. Before I accept, how experienced are you with vJASS? To be able to use this system you will need to know some vJASS.

Tnx for accepting mine dude no rush thou.

Level 28
A spell similar to this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...210157/?prev=search=rapid%20slash&d=list&r=20

But I want it to be point/unit target. Means that it will only hit when a unit is in the area/enters the area. If he moves out then he will stop receiving damage. 5 slash is enough and you can put the place holder damage to STR * (Random Number from 1.00 to 2.00)

Effects when a unit is damage: Abilities\Weapons\HydraliskImpact\HydraliskImpact.mdl

Level 1
spell name; Conscript
Coded in;Vjass
Numebr of levels; 1
spell type; Area target
Target type: Area target
Mana; 10(+every 10 every x)
Cooldown;60

Deatiled description; When the hero casts a spell in an area, all units taht is an enemy to him turns into his allies, it naturallys use 10 mana but adda 10 mana to every unit in the area(x).

Level 13
spell name; Bug Wall? something like that xP
Coded in;vJass
Number of levels; 5
Spell type; Area target
Target type: Area target AOE maybe increase with level? Not sure.
Mana; Undecided.
Cooldown; For Level 1: 90, Each consecutive level has 1.5s less on the CD.

the edges of the area target spawn bugs. Unit trapped inside cannot escape. Duation of the wall and damage dealt to targets inside the wall increase with consecutive levels.

I already have a model in mind for the "wall" so don't worry about that. I don't mind whether you use a unit/dood/destruc./etc. for the wall as long as it is invulnerable. If you have any ideas yourself to add any personal ~flare~ to it, that'd be fine XD Thanks ahead of time. Pretty neat that you're doing spells for people :p

Status
Not open for further replies.