• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr.Goblin's Tutorial!

you basicly want to recover the part of the texture you want to remake with an opaque color, but you don't want to lost the shape and the direction of the original texture. Simply cause in texturing it's very important to know the directions of everything.

Level 27
174511-albums2384-picture25951.jpg

Alright. It was brought to my attention that most, if not all, images used in this tutorial are "destroyed". I'm really sorry. This tutorial was made a few years ago and I don't have backups for the missing images.

ALTHOUGH, CHECK THIS OUT! My tutorial.doc

I would invite people to get in touch with me if they want to learn how to make a specific texture. I will gladly show you how.

Last edited:
Level 2
Sire, the image links seem to have been, updated? Or... Idk. I can't see the pictures.
But since I have some background in painting, I can sort of follow along with the tutorial, especially with how to visualize texture (and the easy-to-difficult scale thing, that is too true! xD )

Hope to see the images fixed sir!
Thank you for this tutorial!