• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How do you make it so when a unit enters region they move to this region. I think I know the event to it but just in case I'll need to know that to......... I think I figured it out can someone check it out see if its right?
  • Event -
  • Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
  • Actions -
  • Unit - Move Crypt Lord 0028 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Warden 0027 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test 7 0037 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Far Seer 0000 <gen> instantly to (Center of (Playable map area))
  • Unit - Move Peasant 0026 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test 6 0036 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test 5 0035 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test1 0032 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test 0031 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test3 0033 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • Unit - Move Test 4 0034 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
Now thats all my units I have... Is that right? Or did I screw up somehow. I did it with one unit and it worked but you never know....Now i tested the trigger and what it did was made all those units (no matter who went in) go to region 4. All I have to do to correct this problem is make seprate triggers right? Or is there a wait I can just make it so one person goes in at different times?

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmm well that way it work, but most Trigger should work without calling each Unit. And please use the
  • tags, or use the Trigger Button in the advanced Post Editor
  • I would suggest this
  • [Trigger]
  • Events
  • Actions
  • Unit - Move (Triggering Unit) instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
This will move any Unit instantly to Region 004

Level 10
"I tested the trigger and what it did was made all those units (no matter who went in) go to region 4."

I don't understand some things you wrote, but I think I get the message. Heres what you do:

• Events
  • Actions
  • If ((Entering unit) Equal to Crypt Lord 0028 <gen> then do (Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>) else do (Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
  • If ((Entering unit) Equal to Warden 0027 <gen> then do (Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>) else do (Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
Or you could do seperate triggers for each hero with the unit comparison condition.

Level 6
Well an easier way would be adding the Stuff to the condition with an OR operator

now thare are more than one way to select which Unit shall Teleport to Region 4.

• Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warden
  • -------- on this you have to Select the Unit from the Menu an will Teleport all Wardens you will need the OR for adding more Units to the Conditions --------
    • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • -------- on this Condition all Heros will Teleport (you wont need the OR) --------
You could also check if the Unit belong to an Player, or other stuff. I really dont now what you need...

The Example with all Heros
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • Unit - Move (Triggering Unit) instantly to (Center of Region 004 <gen>)

Status
Not open for further replies.