• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having so much fun terraining that I decided to do some more.

Like my other terrains, I wanted to do something Blizzard style.. Using no custom models.. I know the blizzard ones are ugly but I wanted to see how I could do it this way.

Inspired by real World of Warcraft environments.

1. Felwood, an altar for giant corrupted ancients.

2. Winterspring, Frostwhisper Gorge.. I valley filled with Frostmaul Mountain Giants and littered with corpses. Old Night Elf structures are visible in the background.

3. Southern Winterspring, Darkwhisper Gorge.. A valley near the summit of mount hyjal.. Demons are stationed outside watching to make sure nobody makes it inside.

Last edited:
Level 9
You have a nice theme and focus going here. My only suggestions would be to tune down the fog color to more a neutral color so it's not so saturated and maybe try some custom tree models instead of using Blizzard's. If you're using the UTM maybe try using infrane's water model and tint it green.

Level 8
I downloaded the ultimate terraining map.. You see the point of this is to see what I can do without the custom doodads..
Excellent job, sir. Keep at it. :]

Oziris said:
Yea u dont need custome doodads train with Bllizard first (that is how i did)and when they are starting to get boring use custome doodads
Could you please rephrase that? I honestly didn't understand at all. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.