• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More Terrain Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
it's possible to have many types of tiles but there is a limit that is impossible to break, thus making it IMPOSSIBLE to have ALL tiles in one map, you could read what HellCEzAR wrote.. he wrote the word "no" meaning it's not possible.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It is possiable via triggers, but WC3 asigns only so much space for mapping terrain texture tiles. Thus after a certain number, they turn into random terrain tiles for other tile sets being used. Sadly you can not unload loaded tiles meaning it can get annoying if you need to use a great number of tiles.

The actual limate I can not trace, It is eithor due to a limate with the maximum number of tiles that a terrain square can reference (I dought as generally nowdays that would be close to 256 or more due to 32 bit system design) or else its due to how the actual textures are mapped into the graphics engine meaning that it can only load so many terrain texture sets at once (quite possiably this as they tend to be quite large images and might be stored as an array of separate tile blocks or else as one gient huge image of fixed deminsions).

Level 16
Seas =)

Yep ;) as someone allrdy said, use the WEU =)

Klick the WEU Enhancer - Edit Map - Search - Get your map and klick ok - mark: [ ] Use custom Tileset - Edit - Double Click to the Tileset you want add - done - and save.

Now you can open you map with the WEU and you got more tilesets =)

Level 13
its on this page. And btw, no computer can be as intelligent as a human. Unless the human is braindead ofc XD
No seriously. It is quite buggy ive heard. I couldnt even open it myself XD But ive heard many ppl say its full with bugs, and only things like terrain should be done in it. Then you should make the rest of your maps in the normal WE...

Level 13
yeah, but i dont want to waste more time on it now XD btw. There is a way to get unlimited terrain types in the normal editor without triggers. My friend knows how and ive seen its right, but he wont tell me how :S He said something with some numbers, and right now he can only make it so you have 25 "points" to choose from...

Level 12
yeah, but i dont want to waste more time on it now XD btw. There is a way to get unlimited terrain types in the normal editor without triggers. My friend knows how and ive seen its right, but he wont tell me how :S He said something with some numbers, and right now he can only make it so you have 25 "points" to choose from...

Hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.