• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monter2 v1.2.5

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
MONTER2%20version%20B.png

- A blatant Dark Souls ripoff for Warcraft III -
Latest Update Changelogs: [1] [2]

Fanmade wiki created by EdgeOfChaos
Videos detailing Monter2's development

SUMMARY

• Gameplay
    Gameplay is focused on exploration, challenging boss fights, and simply killing stuff.
    There are many secrets and such to discover, since the explorable area is quite large.
    This game does not have a storyline.
  • Combat system
    Monter2 uses a hack-and-slash combat system inspired by Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.
    There are currently five weapon classes - sword, hammer, spear, axe, and bow.
    Enemies also utilize the combat system, each with their own unique behaviors.
  • Game length
    In a typical playthrough, about 4 to 5 hours.
    It is possible to complete the game in less than an hour, however.
  • Solo and co-op
    Enemy health is adjusted according to the number of players present, making the game
    suitable for solo and co-op play.
  • Other features
    Monter2 uses custom animations which were made for this game specifically.
    This game also uses an original soundtrack.

CREDITS

[td]​
-Models-​
-=Emergenzy=-
Balrog
Callahan
Celestea
Chriz.
communist_orc
Deolrin
dhguardianes
Dionesiist
eubz
Forgotten_Warlord
HammerFist132
HappyTauren
hellblazer-14
Herio-san
imforfun
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
Judash
[/td]​
[td]​
Kino
Kitabatake
Land-Sengklek
Lord_T
nGy
olofmoleman
PeeKay
Power
Radagast
RightField
s4nji
Sunchips
sunwarrior25
The_Silent
Thrikodius
TLI-Inferno
UgoUgo
WhiteDeath
Various UTM contributors
[/td]​
[td]​
-Systems-​
Bribe
Tom Jones
moyack
Vexorian
TriggerHappy `​
-Icons-​
CRAZYRUSSIAN `​
-Music-​
n00b
[/td]​
Contents

Monter2 v1.2.5 (Map)

Level 12
You're funny mate. I wouldn't waste time like that.

That's exactly what I did and am doing. This is more suitable for Asiatic gamers. They are persevering.

that's a bit of a nonsensical generalization; it's more like this game is for a niche of players who enjoy a challenge, and nationality has nothing to do with that whatsoever

as for your "waste of time" comment i doubt your free time is sparse enough that you can't spare 90 minutes of your day. You are clearly just impatient

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
and nationality has nothing to do with that whatsoever
Judging by the fact that most difficult games of such type were created by the Japanese plus the statistics that show them being one of the most diligent people, I'd say it has something to do with it. Moreover, have you see South Koreans playing Brood War?
You are clearly just impatient
That one too.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

> 2016
> can't beat dreadlord
> mfw

giphy.gif

For real though, dreadlord is beatable in 20 minutes. It's not that you only have 2 players, in fact, he's usually easier with fewer, depending on how much of a pleb noob your allies are, so you could try that. Here's the EdgeOfChaos Strategy™.

1. Start battle. Immediately hit him 2-3 times while paused.
2. Circle the dreadlord closely with Sprint on. Wait for the dreadlord attack
3a. If attack is a melee combo: wait for the heavy attack to start, go around to his side or back. and attack 2-3 times
3b. If attack is a dash attack, keep running. He either uses a melee attack after dash or uses another dash. Keep Sprinting and run away, since you wont have enough time to dodge the 2nd dash if you don't. After he misses, either attack or take some time to recover stamina.
3c. If he uses a void attack, FIRST get out of the way of all dark nodes since they explode fast. Then, if the Dreadlord is close to you, you can attack it once. If the dreadlord is far, cancel sprint to regain some stamina.
4. After the dreadlord fails an attack, you have about 1.5-2 seconds before he starts another attack. By this time, you need to be sprinting again, but also need some stamina. If you time it right, you can take a second to recover some stamina before the next attack.

Sprinting is the only reliable way to dodge the dash attack. You might be able to dodge sometimes without it, but not all the time. As you noted, the attacks seem random, so be prepared for any of them (only one of them, dash, actually requires preparation unless you mess up basic monter2 combat)

There's a trap at the bottom of the arena that deals 1200 damage that can affect the dreadlord. It can help you, but is risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I think I found a bug. The crystal, that is after the first boss Guardian, will not be there if you enter by the backdoor, by digging.

Level 1
I honestly find camera annoying. There are many times that camera unlocks from your target, for example today with the Poison boss (dont rememeber how he is called ). I would lose the camera and start looking for him and end up getting hit by either trap, skill or whatever. So i thought of some suggestion.
1)keep target lock option and add far cam options as well.
2)keep target lock option and make it so that we never lose target.
3)Keep target lock option and free camera.

or remove the lock option? i can it will make the game harder ... dunno.

Level 3
I honestly find camera annoying. There are many times that camera unlocks from your target, for example today with the Poison boss (dont rememeber how he is called ). I would lose the camera and start looking for him and end up getting hit by either trap, skill or whatever. So i thought of some suggestion.
1)keep target lock option and add far cam options as well.
2)keep target lock option and make it so that we never lose target.
3)Keep target lock option and free camera.

or remove the lock option? i can it will make the game harder ... dunno.
If he removes the lock option, there will be many secrets that you can easily find, thus making it even boring. Far cam is an option, but he is kind of busy I guess.

Level 1
How you know if he is busy or not? you live with him?
And secrets arent randomized anyway, once you learn their spots they arent secrets anymore. For me what matters the most in such a game design is the game-play.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yeah, camera unlocking in boss fights is super annoying. I think if he fixes that, the cam would be fine - no need to remove locking. I believe he had plans to fix the unlocking eventually.

Level 12
since I haven't updated this shit in ages, here's some news for the whole 3 people who follow this thread:
  • you can find v1.0.4 if you know where to look, which has a new weapon that is based on the final boss weapon. It's not legitimately obtainable yet, but will be in the following version
  • v1.0.4 also contains a bunch of other minor changes; most notably, it makes Retreating Thrust actually not total shit if I recall
  • I am planning on adding a new area that is after the Flame Guardian, but it will be forever stuck in the preliminary planning stage because I'm a lazy fucko
  • other additions that I plan on adding in the long term: a Magic Golem hammer with a unique ultimate (hell I could probably release this weapon in next ver), an actual spear ult™, possibly an INT-based bow with a unique ultimate, perfection challenge if I don't completely forget about it, maybe some other bullshit I'm forgetting
  • literally took me 5 seconds to extend the lockon range, so expect that in v1.0.5
that's pretty much it, I'll see you guys in 20XX for the next version release

Level 12
Minor update after like 3 months lmao.......

This update includes two new weapons which are based off of the movesets of their respective bosses. The Dark Sword is the sword that the final boss wields, and the Magic Hammer is based off of the Magic Golem. These weapons are supposed to be rewards for beating hard mode bosses, but since neither of these bosses have hard modes yet, there is a vendor that temporarily sells these weapons.

Don't ask why, but the vendor is hidden as fuck. Here's how you find it:
1. Defeat the Ancient Viper, or load a character that has already cleared Ancient Viper
2. Have a torch equipped
3. Go to the Ancient Viper boss room. Go to the right side of the room, following the black marble path, and you will see a ghost selling the weapons

P.S. both weapons cost 13 Life Essences, defeat some ez bosses so you can afford them

Edit: also, here are some weapon showcase videos by LyunAvine:

Finally, here's the changelog:

v1.0.5

• Added weapon: Magic Hammer
  • Added weapon: Dark Sword
  • Maximum lockon distance increased
  • Reduced damage of Evading Volley
  • Increased damage required to activate the Evading Volley skill
  • Medium Heal now must be unlocked to use High Heal
  • Curved Blade scaling reduced to +5 WPN/AGI
  • Life Arrows now deal damage
  • Life Arrow healing amount is now displayed as floating text
  • Animation speed of Retreating Thrust increased
  • It is now possible to combo Retreating Thrust into a Quick Stab
  • Retreating Thrust now has invulnerability frames at the start of its animation
  • The player will no longer automatically face his lockon target when using Charge (the spear skill)
  • Fixed bug where Quick Stab could hit multiple times on the second thrust
  • Increased damage of the Quick Stab skill
  • Fixed bug where the Battle Emblem's bonus damage would not be removed properly when unequipping
  • Players can no longer switch weapons during attack animations
  • Fixed bug where players could use the Claw Gloves while aiming with the bow

Last edited:
Level 3
Minor update after like 3 months lmao.......

This update includes two new weapons which are based off of the movesets of their respective bosses. The Dark Sword is the sword that the final boss wields, and the Magic Hammer is based off of the Magic Golem. These weapons are supposed to be rewards for beating hard mode bosses, but since neither of these bosses have hard modes yet, there is a vendor that temporarily sells these weapons.

Don't ask why, but the vendor is hidden as fuck. Here's how you find it:
1. Defeat the Ancient Viper, or load a character that has already cleared Ancient Viper
2. Have a torch equipped
3. Go to the Ancient Viper boss room. Go to the right side of the room, following the black marble path, and you will see a ghost selling the weapons

P.S. both weapons cost 13 Life Essences, defeat some ez bosses so you can afford them

Finally, here's the changelog:

v1.0.5

• Added weapon: Magic Hammer
  • Added weapon: Dark Sword
  • Maximum lockon distance increased
  • Reduced damage of Evading Volley
  • Increased damage required to activate the Evading Volley skill
  • Medium Heal now must be unlocked to use High Heal
  • Curved Blade scaling reduced to +5 WPN/AGI
  • Life Arrows now deal damage
  • Life Arrow healing amount is now displayed as floating text
  • Animation speed of Retreating Thrust increased
  • It is now possible to combo Retreating Thrust into a Quick Stab
  • Retreating Thrust now has invulnerability frames at the start of its animation
  • The player will no longer automatically face his lockon target when using Charge (the spear skill)
  • Fixed bug where Quick Stab could hit multiple times on the second thrust
  • Increased damage of the Quick Stab skill
  • Fixed bug where the Battle Emblem's bonus damage would not be removed properly when unequipping
  • Players can no longer switch weapons during attack animations
  • Fixed bug where players could use the Claw Gloves while aiming with the bow
Thanks a lot! I know you are lazy asf but still, thanks for the effort! ^^

Level 1
1)Is it possible to add a command to -enable/disable fog?

2)Is it possible to add descriptions for STR and AGI ? (which weapons' dmg they increase).

3)A board that will include all the existing statistics would be cool as well. A more complete RPG experience. :)

Last edited:
Level 12
1)Is it possible to add a command to -enable/disable fog?
probably, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that

2)Is it possible to add descriptions for STR and AGI ? (which weapons' dmg they increase).
weapon scaling is already shown in the item descriptions

3)A board that will include all the existing statistics would be cool as well. A more complete RPG experience. :)
I should probably do this, considering there used to be a statistics window in early versions of the game (which I removed for some reason :ccool:)

Aside from cool factor, it would also be useful for viewing 'invisible' stats like stun endurance, weapon power, weight, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting

Level 1
Regarding fog.
I said this for another map as well but i think it makes no difference.
I do understand the fog can be a part of a game's atmosphere and all, but its simply more tiring for the eyes since it isnt a clear imagine... Take Tkok ORPG for example, u would rarely encounter a person who would NOT use -fog off command. Maybe younger ppl have no issues but i think many of us already play many games and already have issues with our eyes.

Regarding STR/AGI descriptions
What if AGI increases spears' dmg but u havent found a spear, yet you want to make a build with spear as weapon choice and instead of AGI you increase STR.
Its just makes more sense for each attribute to have its own full description.

/peace

Level 12
Regarding fog.
I said this for another map as well but i think it makes no difference.
I do understand the fog can be a part of a game's atmosphere and all, but its simply more tiring for the eyes since it isnt a clear imagine... Take Tkok ORPG for example, u would rarely encounter a person who would NOT use -fog off command. Maybe younger ppl have no issues but i think many of us already play many games and already have issues with our eyes.
fair enough, I'll implement this later then (aka a million years from now)

Regarding STR/AGI descriptions
What if AGI increases spears' dmg but u havent found a spear, yet you want to make a build with spear as weapon choice and instead of AGI you increase STR.
Its just makes more sense for each attribute to have its own full description.
It mostly comes down to my personal choice of not wanting to spoil what weapons there are in the game inside the stat tooltips. Stat scaling is just something you need to know beforehand, or something that you can ask another player about. Or if somebody wants to try to add weapon information to the wiki that'd be cool, but that seems like a pipe dream :ugly:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I added all items onto the wiki. Wikia killed my formatting so, it's pretty bad. Items

Level 12
I added all items onto the wiki. Wikia killed my formatting so, it's pretty bad. Items

It's a bit lackluster, but it gets the job done. I also don't think including unobtainable items is necessary, since I have no intention of adding some of those items to the game at all (probably); that said, it would be more appropriate to put them in the Unavailable Content page instead

if you're wondering why I'm not adding/editing stuff to the wiki myself, that's because it would kind of go against the spirit of a fan-made wiki

of course, you obviously have no obligation to work on something that should be driven purely by fan interest (if there is even such a thing for this game hohoho), but the wiki is a bit lacking in certain areas:
  • there isn't an article on the Bandit and Bandit Lord
  • the descriptions of how to obtain items in the items article are rather vague
  • the strategy in the Ancient Viper article is semi-obsolete due to the sword's jump attack spammability being reduced
  • tbh all items in the game should be included, not just equippable items; they should also be in individual articles and not on just a single page
  • the wiki has no images at all so it looks really bland; you could probably dump your boss fight videos in the boss articles if you wanted to
  • this article isn't linked anywhere and is kind of undetailed
I honestly don't expect anyone to do any of this, but if there's anyone autistic enough to step up to the plate then that would be gr8

the wiki has some neato and underappreciated boss guides though T b q h

Level 1
Loved the map, something i was searching for while i can't play dark souls atm, but damn i never thought it was even possible to create a whole new battle system in warcraft 3, it should've took you guys lots of time to do so. Just well done. Would love for some extra areas and awesome content to replace those empty spaces around the map :D

Level 12
Loved the map, something i was searching for while i can't play dark souls atm, but damn i never thought it was even possible to create a whole new battle system in warcraft 3, it should've took you guys lots of time to do so. Just well done. Would love for some extra areas and awesome content to replace those empty spaces around the map :D
Glad you enjoyed it, lad

Although this game is currently stuck in hiatus hell, I honestly do plan on adding optional side areas/bosses/etc., but for now all these ideas are either trapped inside my head or some notepad file. Maybe I'll actually get on my ass and start working on this game during the summer

also i'm the only one working on this map, which would explain why i'm a slow fuck :aa:

I wonder if the map works properly considering the latest blizzard's update.....
I haven't even patched my wc3 yet so I wouldn't know, I imagine certain things are fucked though i.e. stuff related to order IDs

if anyone has played monter post-patch feel free to tell me if there are any problems with it

Level 1
b-but i thought those credits are people that at least contributed with some sides of construction of this map :(

Also yeah, the map does still work after the bnet patch

Level 12
b-but i thought those credits are people that at least contributed with some sides of construction of this map :(
Most of the 'outside' contributions to this map are publicly available resources

That said, 99% of the people in the credits aren't even directly related to this map's development and probably don't even know this map exists :cool:2

Also yeah, the map does still work after the bnet patch
:infl_thumbs_up:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

New areas are the dream :O

And that new weapon class looks pretty creative. Cool skills. Are there multiple Axes, or just one?

Level 12
Out of fucking nowhere, Terrain WIPS

WC3ScrnShot_052517_095028_04.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052517_095009_03.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052517_094908_02.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052517_094642_01.jpg

Terrain about 80% done
Still need to do pathing
Need to trigger about 4 enemy types
Need to trigger boss
Also need to trigger misc shit (new items etc.)

ETA on all this shit: hopefully some time between June 3 - June 10 if i dont procrastinate like a bitch

:mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha::mwahaha:

Level 12
there is a 70% chance that i will be done with the new update by Friday or so

if anyone is interested in testing the new version then feel free to reply to this post; frankly I'd like to get an organized game going so I don't have to deal with incompetent pubbies :ugly:

if at least one person replies to this, i'll post more details about the specific time i'll be hosting at

if anyone is interested in testing the new version then feel free to reply to this post; frankly I'd like to get an organized game going so I don't have to deal with incompetent pubbies :ugly:

if at least one person replies to this, i'll post more details about the specific time i'll be hosting at
Should try making your own kind of chat channel for this, discord would be perfect for that, I'm a bit interested.

Level 3

I don't mind testing it with you guys. I have plenty of time to kill anyways D:

Level 12
I don't mind testing it with you guys. I have plenty of time to kill anyways D:
kool

i'll probably host at around 1 pm est on Friday, will be on USEast in channel 6112. ALso my username is myol33 add me up son

Here's a time conversion if you need it (if i'm not retarded it should automatically convert to your timezone)

Should try making your own kind of chat channel for this, discord would be perfect for that, I'm a bit interested.
considering how infrequently i host and update this game, i would imagine a monter group would be dead as fuck

there's also really no incentive to play this game multiple times which would equate to an even more ded group

i've also never personally used discord :razz:

for now i'll just use this thread as my dank-ass makeshift base of operations

Level 12
A reminder to the 2 people who follow this ded thread:

I'm hosting the new version on Friday AND Saturday, both at 1 PM EST
I'll be on USEast in channel 6112, username is myol33
if you're interested in joining, reply to this post so I can at least get a decent headcount

A warning to any potential testers - the new area is designed to be difficult as fuck
As an estimation, it'll probably take about 1.5-2 hours to fully explore the area

In all honesty, if you're prone to ragequitting don't bother joining :mwahaha:seriously i don't want any leavers

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I was busy all of yesterday so I missed it. Shame :(

I did play it solo though and have some random notes/observations/feedback (not all about the new area). The new stuff has been added to the wiki. I'll also clean up the items page sometime (maybe...)

- It's pretty dumb that parrying an attack still makes you get hit by the statuses (for example, ancient viper slows/curses you when you parry attacks). Don't know if this is on purpose or not.
- The Travel option in the checkpoint in firelands does nothing.
- Firelands suffers the same problem as the Crypt. It's a huge area with extremely challenging enemies, that you can run right through and never fight a single one.
- Charred Ring is super cool. Only thing I'm wondering: does this work on the Flame Guardian's lava too? If so, loading this item would make the boss super easy. You could just lure him into the lava.
- I don't know how low you intended the stun threshold to be for Fire Elemental, but I'm stunning them with every single attack.
- In the fire pit area after getting the Charred Ring, the mountains interfere with your vision when moving near the bottom of the area.
- I'm still getting a targeting issue with the final boss. It's rare, but randomly he will target some unit outside of the arena with his dash attack and charge towards the wall.
- Those demons are actually super hard. Very cool unit type, absolutely love the animations you made. Although it seems weird for Demon Caster's spells to be weaker than the Warrior's? It would make more sense if the caster used both the fire wall and the meteor ;)
- Soloing the new area is pretty much impossible unless you run through, considering all the dash attacks the new enemies have.
- Max level increase when?
- Waiting for charred ring CD after dying is pretty lame. Can reincarnating reset cooldowns?
- Why's there another promotion stone when you didn't increase the limit a weapon can be promoted?
- The design of this area is really clever. I like the little island with the two demons on it and the bridge thing. It's cool how there's the initial area, and then it expands to like 2x its size when you get the Charred Ring, even though it's way more dangerous to fight in the lava even with it.
- Please make a zoom command to adjust camera distance, it's not big enough for areas with huge longrange skills like this.
- Flame champion is super cool. No idea how to beat him yet :D. Maybe this will be the only boss that I can't solo. Best attempt so far is 6054 dealt (terrible). There just aren't enough times when I can hit him. Even after the fire bladestorm, he's not guaranteed to let you hit him.
- The text overhead when you're using a bow moves to your location way too slowly. Instead of being smooth, it moves jerkily to you. Gives me a headache when using bow, please make the timer 0.03 seconds or lower.

Some videos of me cheesing the hardest enemies in the game with bow

Thanks a lot for your work on this game again. Really love the new content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
all that FEEDBACK, here we go

I was busy all of yesterday so I missed it. Shame :(
its okay nobody even came lmao, got some decent pub tests though at least
anyway i might host tonight at some time between 8pm - 10pm (EST), there might be 1 or 2 other guys who will come (also not sure on the exact time i'll be hosting because reasons)

- It's pretty dumb that parrying an attack still makes you get hit by the statuses (for example, ancient viper slows/curses you when you parry attacks). Don't know if this is on purpose or not.
not intentional and i should probably fix this

- The Travel option in the checkpoint in firelands does nothing.
coming soon(tm) along with actually adding teleport option to green crystals(tm)

- Firelands suffers the same problem as the Crypt. It's a huge area with extremely challenging enemies, that you can run right through and never fight a single one.
true, but that's basically the entire game though
i should probably make fighting the demon warrior+caster pair mandatory though

- Charred Ring is super cool. Only thing I'm wondering: does this work on the Flame Guardian's lava too? If so, loading this item would make the boss super easy. You could just lure him into the lava.
it doesn't work on flame guardian's lava, but i'm thinkin it should at least halve the damage you receive from the lava in that fight (nullifying it completely would be 2cheesy4me)
even if it did work, the charred ring isn't savable anyway

- I don't know how low you intended the stun threshold to be for Fire Elemental, but I'm stunning them with every single attack.
for whatever reason, the curved blade has higher 'staggering power' than the rest of the swords in the game so that';s probably why
although yeah their stun endurance is low mainly to compensate for how annoying their moveset is overall :^o

- I'm still getting a targeting issue with the final boss. It's rare, but randomly he will target some unit outside of the arena with his dash attack and charge towards the wall.
idk why that happens lol, gotta look into it

- Those demons are actually super hard. Very cool unit type, absolutely love the animations you made. Although it seems weird for Demon Caster's spells to be weaker than the Warrior's? It would make more sense if the caster used both the fire wall and the meteor ;)
i originally intended for the caster to have a wide variety of projectile attacks, but that sounded too annoying/difficult so fuck it L0l
might give him some new attacks if im not feeling lazy

- Max level increase when?
when i add an area that is difficult enough to warrant a max level increase
that said the new area is pretty much designed to be done at lvl20 :^o

- Why's there another promotion stone when you didn't increase the limit a weapon can be promoted?
it is there in the offchance that there is an insane fuck who goes to the lava area before going to the crypt, assuming not on a -loaded character

- In the fire pit area after getting the Charred Ring, the mountains interfere with your vision when moving near the bottom of the area.

- Waiting for charred ring CD after dying is pretty lame. Can reincarnating reset cooldowns?

- Please make a zoom command to adjust camera distance, it's not big enough for areas with huge longrange skills like this.

- The text overhead when you're using a bow moves to your location way too slowly. Instead of being smooth, it moves jerkily to you. Gives me a headache when using bow, please make the timer 0.03 seconds or lower.
coming soon tm

Level 3
I'll be giving feedback soon. Oh and when I messaged you, what time was it over there? Here it was morning 9am.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I'll play if I see it hosted (I can't access useast right now)

Level 12
too lazy to write a description of this patch so here's the rundown:
- added Demon Ruins, a new area accessible after the Flame Guardian; the area is designed to be difficult so prepare your anus
- added the Axe weapon class; the Battle Axe can be obtained near where the Bandit Lord is

also made some other minor changes

here's the changelog

v1.1.5

• Added weapon: Battle Axe
  • Added area: Demon Ruins
  • Added boss: Flame Champion
  • Reduced damage required to activate the Evading Volley skill (5000 -> 2000)
  • Damage from ultimate abilities no longer contribute to ultimate damage buildup
  • Fixed hotkey for "Add Intelligence" not working
  • It is now possible to receive a Bounty scroll from the Living Statues

why does killing living statues give no loot?
fix'd

Level 2
May i ask, why the hell did you make the spell swapping a thing in this map ? im talking about the press "D" to switch between 3 things... this shit got me killed so many times at the last boss fight i cant even count it, i mean you are literally using 2 buttons for this switching mechanic so why didnt you just make 3 different buttons for all the things you circle through ? it could be "A" for the life token, "D" for the special move and some other button (maybe Q ?) for the digging, there are more than enough empty spots for spells so i have no idea what was going through your mind when you've decided to make the switching a thing

-btw im writing this after raging to the final boss so im sorry if i sound a bit harsh

Level 12
May i ask, why the hell did you make the spell swapping a thing in this map ? im talking about the press "D" to switch between 3 things... this shit got me killed so many times at the last boss fight i cant even count it, i mean you are literally using 2 buttons for this switching mechanic so why didnt you just make 3 different buttons for all the things you circle through ? it could be "A" for the life token, "D" for the special move and some other button (maybe Q ?) for the digging, there are more than enough empty spots for spells so i have no idea what was going through your mind when you've decided to make the switching a thing

a long time ago I made ability swapping in anticipation of:
1. adding more artifacts (i.e. more abilities like the Life Token, Claw Gloves, etc.)
2. adding multiple ultimate abilities to a single weapon, in the same vein as MHGen hunter arts
3. making Claw Gloves a combat-viable artifact

that was months ago so these are pretty much scrapped ideas at this point; the only reason i haven't revised the current ability swapping system is because i'm lazy as fuck, as evidenced by the backlog of 9 million other things that I have yet to fix :mwahaha::mwahaha:

i think the best way to revise the current system is pretty much how you described:
1. keep Life Token on 'A'
2. put ultimate abilities on 'D'
3. move Claw Gloves to the F2 window because it's not often that it's used anyway

but even as clunky as the system is now, i personally have never had any issue with accidentally using abilities. Since you didn't specifically mention how you're getting fucked over by ability switching, i'm going to assume that you're accidentally using your ultimate instead of the Life Token or something

if you haven't realized it yet, the game automatically switches to your ultimate when it becomes fully charged, and i think knowing this fact could save you
anyway if you're playing solo, good job at making it to the final boss alone :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

also get gud

Level 2
tbh all the bosses up to the player boss (i think that is the final one) were really easy, most of them i destroyed on first or second try, with the ancient viper or whatever it is called taking me like 4 tries, but for some reason i cant beat this boss at all, i always get him to the second stage but then its just like i cant find any time to hit him because he moves so quickly and utterly destroys me everytime i make a mistake (because of stunlocking)

the thing that i mentioned killing me was that everytime he was switching to the second stage i tried using my heal but since i was panicking a bit i forgot that my ultimate is there instead and i just wasted it, also when im trying to dodge the boss and switch the abilities at the same time it gets quite difficult since he is so ridiculously fast

so far i've been using only magic hammer but im starting to think that the weapon is too slow and i might try using the dark sword tomorrow