1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Monter 1.04

Submitted by n00b
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"its (not) time"

filler

[​IMG]

WHAT IS MONTER[sic]?[r]
[​IMG]
MONTER is a singleplayer and cooperative boss fighting map. Reminiscent to the Monster Hunter series, players combat a number of bosses with a slew of weapons at their disposal. Monter simulates combat from Monster Hunter very closely; that is, each weapon operates on two buttons and a combo system. Different moves will be executed depending on the sequence of buttons pressed. There are currently six weapon classes.

And of course, the bosses of this game are also very similar to Monster Hunter. Each and every one of your foes will be approached and fought differently. To recognize boss patterns is crucial to players in this game; knowledge of these patterns will probably make this game slightly less harder than it seems.
[​IMG]

COMBAT EXPLAINED
The six weapons in Monter possess a set of offensive and defensive skills: bread and butter combos, evasive maneuvers, etc. When, where, and how much a particular move should be used is important, however. The method which these moves are executed would be via the combo system: AKA, the order and timing of which these buttons are pressed will execute certain moves, depending on the player's weapon class. For example:

Sword: Spin Attack
C+X -> (delay) X

In other words: pressing C and X at the same time will cause the player to execute Jump Slash. Followed by Jump Slash after a short delay, X is pressed to perform Spin Attack. The five other weapons function similarly.[c][​IMG][r][c]
TL;DR

Fite dem boss, mash buttons, win game. There is honestly not much left worth saying, this is just bare bones stuff. Just play it, pansy. And remember kids, soloing this is hard as
d
uck, but doable.[c][r]
Mentions:
Lazers - Slave
freecom - "No"
JesusHipster - Helped with model-related stuff
Free cookie if you don't pick Shotgun/Dual Blades
Also I didn't credit a shitload of people for weapon attachments because I'm lazy
Also do not ask what monter means; do not even think about it
Moosic:
FEARLESS EYES - Junichi Nakatsuru
THE NEW LEGEND - Junichi Nakatsuru
ARMED WITH VALOR - Keiki Kobayashi (promo music)
SC music is best music

Keywords:
monster, hunter, boss, fight, swords, kill shit, button mashing
Contents

Monter 1.04 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/30 20:36:59 Comment: [Approved] Bah this needs some rating, there ya go 5/5, it really is neat and fun to play. Resource Moderation - Rules Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/16 18:15:19...
  1. S11

S11

Resources:
    Resources:
    is there save/load :O???

2. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nope lol

3. S11

S11

Resources:
    Resources:
    aw so its like immposs bosses

4. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -right click instead of left click for enemy facing because left click selects the enemy and then you have to select the hero again
    -the Dreadlord was the final straw; just too random and if you don't hear the trap click you don't know when you can use it

3.75/5.

6. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fun fact - this is the Monter 1 thread, not Monter 2

anyway, you are not using lockon correctly
    to use lockon, all you have to do is click a unit once, and all of your attacks will automatically face your target. Unless for whatever reason you want to play unlocked, using right click to direct your attacks is mostly unnecessary
    what i'm assuming you're doing is double clicking, which cancels lockon and clicks the unit instead

idk what to say about dreadlord, what exactly did you find too random
    using the trap is also optional, but if you really want to use it i'm not sure how you can *not* hear the clicking sound

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Huh? Had no idea there were more.
    Left-clicking an enemy deselects the hero and I have to either select him or press a control group hotkey or F1 to access him. And sometimes selecting my hero again makes the enemy lock-on disappear.
    No. I usually drag a selection square (over one enemy), not exactly click said unit.
    His movements. And, he regenerates a lot. Basically until the trap recharges, he has plenty of chances to hit you and regain at least half of the trap arrow's damage. Fighting him melee is not really viable as he still can hit you and regenerate.
    Listening to music and not having the sound channel volume properly raised? I happened to hear it because this time, I didn't play with music at all.

8. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    left-clicking a unit will immediately cause you to click your hero again, or at least it should

i've literally never seen lockon malfunction in the way you describe, or hear anyone complain about it malfunctioning until now, so i'm having hard time believing that you're not actually doing something else to make lockon somehow fuck up

send me a replay or something idk

the impression i am getting from this is that you have given up on trying to fight him on melee entirely, and you're now completely relying on the trap to deal damage which only has the potential to do 1200 damage per 30 seconds, which is absolutely nothing in comparison to melee dps
    in other words the trap is only there as optional supplementary damage

it is perfectly viable to beat this boss using only melee, you just seem to be getting hit A LOT while not dealing any damage whatsoever to offset dreadlord's lifesteal

then that's not really the fault of the game itself, so i don't see any reason to point it out

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Might be a load game bug then as the health bars are also visible after that while they shouldn't normally be if I'm not mistaken.
    I'll have to film it as saving a replay after loading a game doesn't work for some reason.
    I've given up because the melee strategy didn't work so, yeah, I tried using the trap instead. The guy just regenerates again and again. Well, thing is, the game mechanic isn't perfect because->Warcraft III engine/JASS. But, yeah, I'm not a hardcore player anyway.
    Well, hitting him won't necessarily stop him hitting too from what I've seen unless he gets stunned.
    Well, it would be nice to have a hint at the start of the game about listening to stuff being important if you can't use animations instead.

10. n00b

n00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well, feel free to show me a video of the bug occurring whenever because i'm really curious

visual/audio cues are already self-explanatory

the fundamental strategy of this game is to hit the enemy while not getting hit yourself; in other words, you need to know to recognize attack opportunities, and you need to know how to dodge. Literally every enemy has some window of vulnerability where they can be attacked safely, and literally every attack in the game can be avoided

a lot of players like to fall prey to some sort of autoattack mentality where they think bosses can be beaten simply by mashing the fuck out of E as if the game was a vanilla wc3 map. That is why Dreadlord is like the most fucking common spot for people to stop playing, because getting hit is actually punishing in comparison to the first boss

tldr dont get hit