• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Showdown Ultimate v.8.9

Reactions: eubz and Orcnet
Creator

Map created by me, Ironside.
Credits

biffzs = Flamming Dragon
Maker = Ally/war System
G00dG4m3 = Eternal Winter, Double Tide
Paladon = Knockback System
mckill2009 = Insane Revenge, Mimic, Multiboard, Engage AI System
cedi = Shadow Vortex
Marsal2000 = Shadow Strike
defskull = Quick Act & Arrow Armageddon
Kingz = Windcut
Maker = Black Flames
D4RK_G4ND4LF = Life Drain
aaron = Bolt Fury
BlackRose = Water Cyclone
Brambleclaw = Greatly improved the terrain
Story

The land on which the map is played was once a peaceful place, there were lots of villages, they had everything they needed.
One day a powerful Demon was seen by the villagers at the top of the Frost Altar (middle of map) and he turned all animals into monsters.

Soon there was almost no body left at the land.
A survivor with the name Sid has contacted the nearby town of what happened.
Brave heroes of all around have assembled and come to fight the monsters for different reasons like training, rewards, ...
Gameplay

Basic:

Each team consists of 2 players which share the score.
Each team starts with 1000 score.
2000 score is needed to win.

Score:

Kill enemy hero +35 score
Die -35 score
Kill creep +1 score
Kill Monster +150 score
Kill Invader Archimonde +500 score

Monsters are heroes owned by Neutral Hostile.

Details:

When the game starts, red types a game mode (see bellow).
Each player will receive a hero depending on the mode.

Gold is gained by killing enemies, which can be used to buy items for your hero.
AI

AI was greatly improved in version 8.6, in which I changed my AI into the Engage AI by mckill2009.
The AI will use most spells, will buy items and pick them up. The AI will pick a random hero in all modes except in which it is impossible to pick for a player user himself.
Skill level of the AI is affected by which level (easy, normal, insane) you set them at the lobby.
Modes & Commands

Modes:

-ap (All pick) --> all players pick their hero
-ar (All random) --> all players get a random hero
-sh (Same Heroes) --> player red picks / randoms a hero, all players will automatically pick that hero

Sub Modes:

-pp (Ping players) --> pings all players heroes every 10 seconds for 3 seconds
-ss (Spammable Spells) --> casting a spell will restore your mana and reset all cooldowns

Commands:

-random --> gives you a random hero
-repick --> allows you to choose a new hero
-kill self --> suicide yourself
-ms --> shows the movement speed of your hero
-ma --> lists all players heroes and their level

Heroes

Each hero has a total of 6 spells:

First spell comes with the hero itself, no need to learn it, this is usually a spell to help you in different scenarios.

Second spell is learned at level 1, this the the base spell that will be used the most.

Third spell is learned at either level 2 or 3, this is usually a heavy damage spell or a passive.

Fourth spell is learned at level 3 and is same as third spell either a heavy damage spell or passive.

Fifth spell is learned at level 6 and is considered the strongest next to the ultimate, it should be overall stronger than the sixth spell.

Sixth spell is the final ultimate of each hero learned at level 10.
It's role is to finish of or initialize into a battle.
Keywords:
Monsters, Heroes, Score, Killing, Items, Modes, Win, Lose,
Contents

Monster Showdown Ultimate v.8.9 (Map)

Reviews
13:42, 9th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Level 22
Update:

- Fixed a critical bug: you didn't get hero exp rewards if your units killed a player
- Fixed a bug that caused players to have vision over the starting area for the whole game
- Rebalanced gold gained for hero kills from 25 * level to 10 * level
- Increased all heroes base attack speed
- Fixed a few bugs from the previous version
- Replaced invisible teleports with portals
- Removed 2 hidden teleportation spots

Last edited:
Level 11
review by Foronisus!

Gameplay: 5/5 i must say it was so fun i had a lot of fun with my friends and i won in my first game :)

Idea: 5/5 also i must say you got good idea

Terain 3/5 yea i must say its not horrible its middle you need more uprising tool to be more like real life also add brushes...

Bugs: Force Archer( I played) is so strong i played with AI and he was leveling just with siting in one place he was dreadlord and he was level 51 and i was level 10 and i killed him and i got 5 levels repair that...

13/15 EXCELENT! ;)

Level 1
I had a bug when I was a Goblin Bomber. When I kill a hero, my exp drop for some reason. Please fix this bug thanks :)

Anyway, the map is good. I will rate it 4/5

Level 1
There is a bug when I am playing the hero Goblin Bomber, I kill a hero using bombs and when I killed, I level down which I think it is kind of weird.

Please fix this bug thanks.

Level 12
I downloaded this one before too, it was amazing. The only thing it lacks is enhancing of game points as far as I remember. 2000 points is being too low sometimes. You should make a mod that enhances this maximum point/victory condition xP

Level 22
I downloaded this one before too, it was amazing. The only thing it lacks is enhancing of game points as far as I remember. 2000 points is being too low sometimes. You should make a mod that enhances this maximum point/victory condition xP

A lot has changed since then, it's not that easy any more.

Update:

- Fixed a bug which caused the game to end after the first kill was made
- Replaced Water Elementals ultimate from Water Cyclone to Refreshing Water

Level 12
A lot has changed since then, it's not that easy anymore.

it would really be a good addition. I think pretty much every arena/fighting map should do this for good.
Also have you ever considered doing hero spells attribute-dependent? xP At some high levels, my hero's attack damage has increased to a point that I didn't even used his spells, lol

Level 22
it would really be a good addition. I think pretty much every arena/fighting map should do this for good.
Also have you ever considered doing hero spells attribute-dependent? xP At some high levels, my hero's attack damage has increased to a point that I didn't even used his spells, lol

Yes, this will probably be implemented that all spells will deal additional damage based on attributes / levels or something.

Level 22
Update:

- Goblin Greed will now work even when units are killed by spells
- Goblin Greed will no longer accept your own mines deaths
- Goblin Greed gold gained changed from 2%/3%/4%/5% to 1%/2%/3%/4%
- Double tide range from 1250/1500/1750/2000 to 750/1000/1250/1500
- Waveform damage from 200/300/400/500 to 200/275/350/425
- All heroes now have more reasonable attack speed and damage
- All heroes attack range has been modified
- AI updated to version 2.0

Last edited: