• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Rancher 2 (ps1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
This thread is to talk about the awesome game known as 'Monster Rancher 2', which was a monster-breeder game involving players raising monsters to put them in fights, combine them when they're about to die, rinse and repeat. It is amazingly fun, and one of the most innovative features it has is using actual discs (and, by extension, disc images) in order to get different monsters.

There is a group located here, where we are dedicated to hosting tournaments between players who want to play Monster Rancher 2 on epsxe (a playstation 1 Emulator which enables us to transfer memory card files electronically).

Anyway, commence discussion!

Level 30
Antlan2.jpg

A little view in the Antlan :D

[Wikja] Antlan resembles an ant and Kuwagata (Stag Beetle) and uses ninja like skills and attacks. They also have the ability to make certain parts of their bodies (mainly their antlers and their tails) grow in size. It appears in Monster Rancher Advance, Monster Rancher Advance 2, and Monster Rancher 4. They are mainly known in the game for doing right and living to ensure justice. They even have a group of rare Antlan that formed the "Antlan Rangers" in Monster Rancher 4. If you enter Monster Rancher 4 in the Monster Rancher 4 game, you get a either a Blue Antlan, Red Antlan, or a Yellow Antlan and you are told it's a Pandora Disc.

[Me] They look like Digimons rip-offs or something, and I don't like the new monsters already poping in the newer versions of the game[even though its just PS2 :D].

that's why MR2 in PS1 is better :)

Level 17
hey guys, i have tried to c8 this game on wc3..
But i had some problem..
:p
Although the map it self is giving a good game play, the last system is the one thing that make this game perfect, oh, and i havent played the mr2 in ps1, the disc is corrupted

Level 49
Antlan2.jpg

A little view in the Antlan :D

[Wikja] Antlan resembles an ant and Kuwagata (Stag Beetle) and uses ninja like skills and attacks. They also have the ability to make certain parts of their bodies (mainly their antlers and their tails) grow in size. It appears in Monster Rancher Advance, Monster Rancher Advance 2, and Monster Rancher 4. They are mainly known in the game for doing right and living to ensure justice. They even have a group of rare Antlan that formed the "Antlan Rangers" in Monster Rancher 4. If you enter Monster Rancher 4 in the Monster Rancher 4 game, you get a either a Blue Antlan, Red Antlan, or a Yellow Antlan and you are told it's a Pandora Disc.

[Me] They look like Digimons rip-offs or something, and I don't like the new monsters already poping in the newer versions of the game[even though its just PS2 :D].

that's why MR2 in PS1 is better :)

they changed a beaclon into an antlan. for me beaclons look better

Level 35
I too tried making a MR2 game in Warcraft 3, but although I had everything planned out and such, I got bored of the idea.

However, I did have another idea based off that system, only done much differently in that you had several monsters at once and you'd fight with them all at once against other parties of monsters. Different monsters would operate better at different ranges, and positioning would be 90% of the battles.

Level 17
Nono...
I was meant combining the concept of mr in wc3 role
And the alpha tester say it's a good game, although not many monster implemented yet...
So far i have about 5 monster involved, such as magmathid, glacithid, and the other, my main idea is create a rpg based game, but mainly, we fight with our pet, not by our self, and the heroes mainly weak if alone..
And have you played mr 5 evo in ps 2?

nope, EVO's gameplay is that you're a circus member, training monsters for the shows... basically, the show increases your monster's stats based on its performance... there's also adventures where you go inside caves, etc... and you train/battle with three monsters at the same time...

and what I like about it is that, you can combine a single monster multiple times... since a monster that is "freezed" (MR2 -wise) is saved into the "book", and also the stats of the new monster, depends actually on the stats of the monsters used on combination...

Level 17
Magmathid and glacithid are 2 monster adapted from mr 5, i choose the better theme for arachnathid, have i say that the game id adapted from mr 5 to wc3?
I also make the combining system..
But still, see in my sig?
Anyways, the mr 5 is gg too...
if the circus theme is removed, it will be a great game ever..
Like the legend of mana, or legend of legaia..

Level 35
I notice you need a Save Load Code. There are many on the hive as far as I'm aware, perhaps some of those could help you?

If you have some experience with MR2 on the ps1, I strongly suggest you join our group, btw, as we are looking for more fans of the series to participate in tournaments with us ^^

Level 17
Sorry to dissapont you...
My mr 2 disc got corrupted when i plaing it on my ps 1, dunno what's wrong,then i look for it in the shops, but none sell it anymore, cuz in my country, mr 2 is a very old game..
Hmm..
The save load code in thw doesn't support saving 1 heroes, and 5 unit at once, someone suggest me to use encoder 2.0.0, but i noticed that the system is in vjass, and i is gui/mui..

What save-load are you talking about? You know, those that they save by default are just templates, but you could add things for urself...

Save-load systems are just code creators and readers... So it depends on how the user uses them... So saying that a save-load system cannot save 1 hero and 5 units at the same time just because the demo that came with it doesn't, is absurd...

And learn vJASS... ^.^... but if you'll ever use Encoder by Nestharus, you will need lots of time and patience coz its pretty complex to use... but with its complexity comes great results...

Level 25
i love the unloved monsters
especially apes

Mew :>

Gah, that DOES look like Digiman D:
Ninja like skills? Lool, I preferred when they just used strange ass attacks :p

Pffff the only ninja like monster is Kato
The drinking smoking old man cat

Seems like a fun game... Hmm, I might Download and play it later today.
Hmm...
I'll try it...

You do that ;D (don't forget to get monsters from CD's!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.