• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mogor, Blackheart and derivatives (Outland Ogre Magi)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
UPDATE
26/05/23

I made some very big changes to the Mogor model from scratch.
A new model entirelly overhauled from the classic Ogre magi, with a completely redesigned skin and model closer to the BC model. I also added derivative skins ; black, red, blue and grey (which corresponds to the model of Blackheart, an other famous Ogre Magi from Outland)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lore :

"Mogor is a notorious ogre mage and former leader of the Laughing Skull clan. During the events following the Second War, Mogor and his clan betrayed Ner'zhul's Horde by aiding the Alliance Expedition in closing the Draenic side of the Dark Portal."

"Blackheart the Inciter was one of the few two-headed ogres within the Shadow Council. He was dispatched alongside the warlock Vorpil to investigate Auchindoun, and remained there for many years. They remain there, tampering with cosmic forces. Their followers form what is known as the Cabal."
Previews
Contents

Blackheart (Model)

Blackheart portrait (Model)

Mogor (Model)

Mogor portrait (Model)

Outland ogre magi black (Model)

Outland ogre magi black - portrait (Model)

Outland ogre magi blue (Model)

Outland ogre magi blue - portrait (Model)

Outland ogre magi red (Model)

Outland ogre magi red - portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Please, fix the clipping issues of the hood. Also, consider recolouring the belt metal to the same metal of the glove and pauldron to make the model more cohesive. The model would look better if the pink emissive of the eyes was an actual emissive...
Level 13
As always, you just keep impressing people beyond belief. Congrats!

Any plans for Cho'Gall?
If yes, I suggest using his HotS model as inspiration, not WoW. He needs a new model in WoW, desperately.

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
As always, you just keep impressing people beyond belief. Congrats!

Any plans for Cho'Gall?
If yes, I suggest using his HotS model as inspiration, not WoW. He needs a new model in WoW, desperately.

we're on it :) he plays a major role in the campaign so definitely he'll get a unique model

Last edited:
Level 34
So beautiful... if you can even say that to an ogre!
Thank you for giving him two heads (as it should be).
I currently hate the trend at Blizzard to make the majority of ogres single-headed.
Cho'gall has already been asked and I can actually imagine it, but: will Dentarg also get his own model?

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
I currently hate the trend at Blizzard to make the majority of ogres single-headed.
Cho'gall has already been asked and I can actually imagine it, but: will Dentarg also get his own model?

all WC2 characters will have their own models, we won't use generic

Level 5

Dude, original ogres have always had a single head since "Warcraft 1: Orcs & Humans" ( Ogre (Warcraft I) ), two-headed ogres are a mutation that appeared for the first time in "Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness" ( Ogre (Warcraft II) ) without us really knowing their origins, it's also from this second opus that these same ogres were enhanced by Gul'dan by infusing them with the magic energy drawn from the Runestone of Caer Darrow Island.

Level 12
The eyes look weird with that purple on both the eyes and the eyelids as well. Is it supposed to be glowing?

Level 5
@Bagysta I just realized that you were a French speaker just like me :smile:. Not bad as first ogre hero but personally I think it would have been better to leave the particle effect of the "spell" animation in the hand that launches the spell (the left), it looks a little weird. It also lacks the "dissipate" animation specific to all heroes.

The eyes look weird with that purple on both the eyes and the eyelids as well. Is it supposed to be glowing?

Yeah... I was asking myself the same question, it doesn't look very good as it is :sad:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Dude, original ogres have always had a single head since "Warcraft 1: Orcs & Humans" ( Ogre (Warcraft I) ), two-headed ogres are a mutation that appeared for the first time in "Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness" ( Ogre (Warcraft II) ) without us really knowing their origins, it's also from this second opus that these same ogres were enhanced by Gul'dan by infusing them with the magic energy drawn from the Runestone of Caer Darrow Island.

If you talk about lore, thats not entirely true. There have always been two-headed ogres, it was a rare mutation. Cho'gall was naturally born with two heads. When Gul'dan created the Altars of Storms, the number of two-headed ogres where just increased.

If you talk about gameplay, then you are right.

Level 34
I have both games here and have played them, I know about the "evolution" of the ogres in the two games.
I wanted to say the following:
In Warcraft 1 there were only one-headed ogres and they were stupid as stones.
In Warcraft 2 the Ogermagis came along and it was said that they were special.
Because of the two heads they had enough intelligence to be able to work magic.

Now comes the point where I disengaged myself unclear:
I liked the concept of Blizzard
One-headed ogre = stupid like two meters of gravel path.
Two-headed ogre = intelligent and able to work magic.

But since WoD there have suddenly been one-headed ogre mages, including Dentarg and Mogor.
I meant that when I said:
I don't like the trend that Blizzard makes the majority of the ogres one-headed.
Not spoken by the whole race, but by the "special ones".

Level 1
Your models are excellent my dude. I already have plans to use some of them!

Don't suppose Garona/any other female Orcs are on your list? I know she didn't do much in the Second War but it's a niche that's not been filled yet (and I have plans that need her :p)

Your models are excellent my dude. I already have plans to use some of them!

Don't suppose Garona/any other female Orcs are on your list? I know she didn't do much in the Second War but it's a niche that's not been filled yet (and I have plans that need her :p)

I'm actually working on female orc but it's a pain in the ass because I use night elve as model base and it's not quite the same body shape :xxd:

Please, fix the clipping issues of the hood. Also, consider recolouring the belt metal to the same metal of the glove and pauldron to make the model more cohesive. The model would look better if the pink emissive of the eyes was an actual emissive texture, as well.
That's good, I'm currently working on a brand new version with a lot of changes. And as Mogor shares the same model as the Outland Ogre Magi I take the opportunity to make alternative models with different skin colors. So I may renaming the bundle "Mogor and Outlang Ogre Magi", I hope it doesn't violate any rule.

That's good, I'm currently working on a brand new version with a lot of changes. And as Mogor shares the same model as the Outland Ogre Magi I take the opportunity to make alternative models with different skin colors. So I may renaming the bundle "Mogor and Outlang Ogre Magi", I hope it doesn't violate any rule.
Not at all