1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modern Warfare 2 - fail IW

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by Lord_Nor, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Which flags up the point that people brought this game, play this game and love this game.

Thus the orignal thread maker had no clue what on earth he was talking about,

2. Bane

Bane

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry for bragging but i gotta say: 100% completion of campaign, 100% spec ops, and 356% of multiplayer. 3rd prestige and half way to fourth.

It's already sold over 10 million copies, most ever sold for an FPS, along with its prequel. Sales show it's the most successful FPS to ever hit the shelves, and i second this.

3. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that, but it doesn't make it the BEST FPS. It might have been the best SELLING FPS, but not the best FPS in every other factor.

4. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I have bought it and the multiplayer has very few flaws.
    Commando noobs and 1887 akimbo noobs - those 2 are the only flaws of the game.

5. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Deus Ex.

6. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting solution to this issue: don't play it. I doubt it's any good anyways.

7. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    You only doubt it's price and lack of proper crack.

8. Shaynne

Shaynne

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be honest, the only flaws of the games were the cheating, the incessive rants and whining, and you.

The flaws you listed are NOT flaws. You're whining about them because you can't stand the fact that you're getting your ass kicked by actual players who know how to play the damn game. Marathon + Lightweight + Commando makes a perfect knifing class. Steady Aim + Model 1887 Akimbo makes a perfect long range shotgun class. It's called learning how to use the stuff Infinity Ward gives you. Now if you want to learn the basics of MW2, then learn it from the pros and stop your shitface whines. All I hear from people are.
    • "No Dedicated Servers" well live with it.
    • "No Punkbuster" live with it too because it ain't getting any better
    • "1887 noobs" learn to deal with your noobiness cause you dont run TOWARDS the enemy
    • "commando noob" maybe they're a knifer. Ever thought about that before you opened your goddamn mouth?
    • "hacker" now unless you're actually hacking, then stfu because you're just a noob and can't deal with the fact that you're getting your assed kicked.
    Can we please just stop talking about the fact that MW2 is full of glitches because its not. All the bad comments you hear about MW2 are from the nerds who cry to their mother at night because they can't learn to aim and shoot more less walk to save their life. And maybe if they can't shoot a gun, they resort to using the Grenade Launcher or Rockets/Thumper because they know if they can't kill you, they'll bring you down with them.

Like I said before, there are minimal flaws in the game. Perk flaws are just the fact that you're fat and can't understand the basics of the game. Gun flaws are just the fact that you're retarded and should aim and shoot and maybe check your connection.

Oh and btw, if you get your internet shut down, then sucks for you because if your NAT is set to Open, then you can host meaning you need more internet so your ISP (Internet Service Provider for those who can't read) warns you and you pay more or you downgrade to Dail-up or you set your NAT to strict.

9. theHunt_errr

theHunt_errr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Agree!

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Christmas and so far it's pretty damn awesome. I haven't played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for PC, but the difference between Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are extremely vast, as far as incentives to make the player want to progress in the game online.

Perks in Call of Duty were always great. Now that you can upgrade them, they're twice as awesome. Some are useless for most situations, such as the perk that detects explosives or "Tactical Insertions" but others like the "Commando" perk can help out A LOT.

The new attachments for the weapons are great, as are the new weapons and killstreaks in the game. The maps in the game are well designed and are fun; they even brought back a map from Call of Duty 2.

Aside from the many aimbotters, wallhackers, and noob-tube spammers, the game is really great and is currently one of my favorite multiplayer games. Good job Infinity Ward!

11. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shaynne listen to yourself: "perfect long range shotgun" - just mention that AA12 has 300 meters killing range in real life so what? Should they add the range to it?

Craka J@
    Seconded.

12. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hear the new percs are kinda lame, like a nuke when you kill 25 in a row? And the guns aren't balanced at all.

13. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Yes some are.
    2. Yes but you need to unlock it first.
    3. Atleast they are more balanced than the ones in CoD4 Modern Warfare.

14. Shaynne

Shaynne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Velm, the AK-47 in real life is a 1 shot kill in the head. Is it in the game? NO. The Desert eagle is a 1 shot kill as a headshot. Is it in the game? NO. The snipers are meant to be 1 shot kills bodyshot. Is it in the game? Unless they have painkillers then NO.

The game doesn't have game specifications according to real life.

Also, if shotguns had 300 metres of range then why wouldn't anyone NOT use the AA-12 considering it's a fully automatic spray fire death machine.

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree that there are some cheap ways of getting kills in the new Call of Duty. Grenade Launchers, dual-wielding shotguns, and the Commando perk are three examples of what usually pisses players off due to being an easy/cheap way of getting kills. As for killstreaks, no one really complains about them. The nuke is certainly a quick way to win, but no one complains because not many can achieve it easily and those who do get it usually deserve it... 25 killstreaks don't come often!

No idea what Brink is. Checking the link now.

[EDIT]
    Wow! No clue how I never stumbled across this game before, but it already looks like one of those FPS games that will keep me addicted for a while.

17. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Plus everyone in Europe, generally, because European ISPs make P2P terrible business. It doesn't take a rats brain to configure a router, nor figuring out P2P for online gaming, as the only solution, is a bad idea.

18. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    No one complains about killstreaks because of a simple fact. No noobtuber (without ADS skills), knifer (their scores generally suck, really) or a shotgunner (no possible way of getting 25 kills in a row only with shotties).
    Only campers and rushers (very good ones too) can get the nuke.

19. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Its really annoying trying to snipe and getting a headshot hitmarker. The other person runs for cover, pulls out the ACR Assault Sniper-rifle, and unloads across the map on you. Thats without the range boosting thermal scope either.

Flaws pointed out on the MW2 forums:

Assault sniper rifles
    sonic the hedgehog care package runners (its acually pretty fun)
    Nuke boosters
    Useless killstreaks
    Stupid perks
    1887 long shots (Fixed for Akimbo'd, not for bling'd)
    Recoil-less Assault rifles
    Headshot hitmarkers.
    Cammando's temp invulnerablity when lunging
    Huge knife radius
    Halo sword-knife lunging

Many, many more. And thats just gameplay

IW fail'd

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I almost got a 25 killstreak by sprinting around the map (Marathon pro and Lightweight Pro perks) and stabbing/akimbo shotgunning people down. (Also had Commando Pro)
    Was fun as hell. Got a 21 killstreak I think doing that.