• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modern Day Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Inspired by My Boy Jack the movie on TV.

Attachments

• Modern Day BF.jpg
    Modern Day BF.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 212
  • Modern Day BFII .jpg
    Modern Day BFII .jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Level 34
It is way too plain. I would expect more Belgarath. The background looks nice, and the car is fine IMO, it's the middle area. No tile variation, and little to no doodads. Do you think this is good?

Level 21
Nope, not yet. I never say they're wips, although just about every one that I post is a wip. I still have to add in different smokes, combat areas - for which I'll have to do a model edit - and buildings, planning on barbed wires too. I think the car only looks bad because of the rifleman standing right beside it - it does look bad like that.
There is actually some tile variation in the middle :p but yeah you can't see shit all there. Need to clear up smoke, reduce the fog, add in shapes of buildings that you can see in the distance. ([/ramble[)

Level 11
I would add some grass. Maybe add a little fire somewhere in the grass but little. Maybe a scorched building. A little rocks and it will be perfect. Too much fire I think. You could add more trees but don't put fire on them. Those in the background are fine. And one or two wouldn't hurt in the middle.

Level 7
Good atmosphere. Needs variation and maybe a little grass, as stated earlier. Even if it's dead. I think the fire is a little exaggerated. I can't see a tree of that size producing such big flames. Try playing around with the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.