• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modelling Contest #25 - Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
Alright, final submission.
Unfortunately, it turns out that Anim Transfer only transfers bones with a 'common' name, such as "Bone_Root" and whatnot, and will not transfer things called "Mesh03" and "Bone_Eyebrow" and whatnot. I managed to transfer the animations to the regular model, but not to the portrait; Therefore, the only way to get the alternate portrait to display in-game properly is to import the model twice, naming the first one something like "SylvanSentinel(_Portrait).mdx" and the second one "SylvanSentinel_Barkskin(_Portrait).mdx". I hope the judges will take this into consideration.
Also, the model doesn't display properly in Magos(spell effects and the glow on the back), and saving in Magos after viewing an animation actually breaks it, so I suggest(and request) to test the model in-game.

"The Sylvan Sentinels are Night Elves who are proficient at both the art of warfare as well as the art of druidism. These stalwart protectors of the wilds are capable of calling upon the spirits of the forest to assist them in a time of need, and are in fact so attuned with the forest that they have given up some of their mortal body and spirit to become closer to the wilds that they inhabit. They are also capable of becoming one with nature - turning their skin into tough bark, and channeling the power of the wilds to assist them in combat."

Suggested soundset is "Dryad", suggested base is Sylvanas Windrunner. Missile included. Will make an extra spell model for the Arrow Barrage skill later. Recommended druid Morph or similar ability to test Barkskin effect.

Attachments

• SylvanSentinel.mdx
    174.8 KB · Views: 289
  • SylvanSentinel_Portrait.mdx
    58.6 KB · Views: 250
  • SylvanSentinel_Barkskin_Portrait.mdx
    59 KB · Views: 207
  • Magos Screenie.png
    Magos Screenie.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 970
  • Ingame1.png
    Ingame1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 844
  • Ingame2.png
    Ingame2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 613
  • SylvanSentinelMissile.mdx
    6.6 KB · Views: 223
Level 26
Can I bee judge, or places are allready taken?

The contest is over and the judge positions was filled midway through the contest. When choosing said judges, they accounted for modeling ability ect. to ensure an objective judging that not only decides the place of the entries, but also presents a valuable critique, ensuring that the contestants entries will help them on their way to become better at modeling, thus making the next contest more interesting. ;P

So yeah, attempting to become a judge now is a little late.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
~contest ended~

Alright! Thank you everyone for participating; this contest is officially [rainbow]over[/rainbow].

~~~

Sorry everyone; had a pretty busy weekend. (Un)Fortunately, with my work restricting my hours, I may have a bit more time here & there to do things... So I will get to work as soon I as can spare time to get the Poll up so we can get this thing rolling!

Judges (BlinkBoy, Frankster, and HappyCockroach), please feel free to begin judging; since the Voting & Judging are independent, I don't see why that can't start now.

Deolrin, great job and beautiful work. Honestly I'm surprised, too; I thought for sure there were a few others (Chen & BallisticTerrain, mayhaps?) that would come around in the end. Still, glad it could be extended for that.

HappyCockroach, I only counted 8 FINALs. Am I missing one?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
~poll~

Alright, everyone; the poll is up.

Please be aware that it is a WIP until it can be fixed, finalized, and approved (& then moved) by a Moderator, so please don't vote; it will not count. But feel free to post to subcribe, get some traffic going, get some attention, etc.

Sorry again for the timing. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.