• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Challenge - Stefan.K vs. PROXY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Modelling Challenge

footman.gif
grunt.gif

Melee Madness

Competitors:
Description
  • Create a Tier 1 unit for whatever race/faction/group you want.
Rules and Conditions
  • Universal rules: Standard contest/challenge rules apply here. (e.g. not starting before the contest starts and so on)
  • Specific rules: Standard modelling contest rules apply here. (e. g. model must work ingame, must contain a basic set of animations and so on)
  • As both challengers have a similar style/workflow/usage of ressources, defining extra rules is not necessary (such as the usage of custom textures for example) as both are very well aware of what to do and what not do in the context of a challenge/contest.
Reputation Award
  • 20 points
Duration
  • Start: 2018-07-16
  • End: 2018-08-16
Results Calculation
  • A public poll as well as a judge will decide the result after the challenge has been concluded.

I'm storing here the themes proposed in the poll before deleting it. They might be useful in future:
  • Reinvention: Reinterpration of an already existing melee hero
  • Custom Texture: Custom model on base of a custom texture (same texture for both)
  • CrossUniverse: Porting a character from another universe to WC3 (Diablo, Starcraft etc.)
  • Melee Madness: Create a Tier 1 unit (footmann, ghoul etc)
  • Hourglass of Time: Redo an already completed contest (can be both normal and mini-contest)
  • Bounty Hunters: Create a bounty hunter of your choice - be creative
  • I can do that better: Redo a model from your component
  • Transformation: Turn any living creature into its epic undead counterpart (or vice versa)

Applied moderator: @Naze

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm very glad to see someone taking initiative when it comes to modeling contests/challenges!

It's been too long. : )

//EDIT//

Multi-vote Polls <3

I voted for

- Reinvention: Always solid, can't wait to see the alternate Shadow Hunter or Firelord or Dark Ranger OR (WC2-RE-STYLED) DEATH KNIGHT!!
- Melee Madness: So so so so useful; basic T1 models are a great resource & a test of your "elegance in simplicity" skillz
- Hourglass: Sooooo many good ol Contests to choose from; especially the 7th/8th Hero Contests. ;D
- Redo Opponent's Model: Nothing like some good "anything you can do I can do better" action. xD And both of you have some kickin' models I'd love to see the other try to do (PROXY's Windlord or Troll ladies, Stefan's Necrowitch or Necromancer...)
- Transformation: ALWAYS a fan of transformation. Especially -->Undead; that's perfect for the Forsaken (undead Archmage? undead Spellbreaker? undead Gryphon Rider? undead Golem? undead Barracks? undead ANYTHING?)

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Voted for "Cross Universe". I voted by looking from the point of view of "Which option would bring something new to the Hive, that we don't have already?". Here is my thought process:

-Reinvention: If I am not mistaken, @Direfury has created several models based on melee heroes, so I personally would like to see something else, although it would be really cool to see your takes on this!
-Custom Texture: This could certainly be interesting, and it can get you guys creative, but I am not sure how much of a freedom would you have to create something new and unique.
-Cross Universe: The one I voted on. Plenty of iconic characters from the Blizzard Universes that don't already have warcraft 3 adaptations can find their way into Warcraft. StarCraft has more to offer in terms of such characters, but there is a fair share of Diablo ones that we haven't seen yet. Rooting for a Diablo model!
-Melee Madness: We have a million footmans, same amount of archers, a bit less grunts and a few Ghouls. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Hourglass of Time: Again, I personally come from the point of creating something new, rather than creating a variation of something, but this could be fun as well.
-Bounty Hunters: A lot of potential here, depends on the suggestions.
-I can do that better: Man, would that be fun! I was split between this one an the "Cross Universe", and barely chose the latter. I certainly won't be unhappy if that gets chosen.
-Transformation: In terms of modelling challenge, this can get you guys going, but undead-versions of models don't really get me excited, personally.

Level 51
Thanks guys for all the input :) It has been quite a race but in the end Tier 1 won! Will definetly be challenging as both me and @Stefan.K are used to more epic models :p Makes it interesting nonetheless.

Great! Let me know when you guys I ready to make this happen, I can do the thread moving and other mod-related stuffs

Thank you :) Waiting for Stefan to get his exams done, then we're good to go. We'll hit you up when we're ready.

Level 50
Thanks guys for all the input :) It has been quite a race but in the end Tier 1 won! Will definetly be challenging as both me and @Stefan.K are used to more epic models :p Makes it interesting nonetheless.

Thank you :) Waiting for Stefan to get his exams done, then we're good to go. We'll hit you up when we're ready.
Yeah, it will be a challenge. :)

I'm sorry, but I have exama whole month so I don't know when I will be free...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Excellent. Well, you guys know the next words that'll come outta my mouth... "Hm, have you ever seen a Tier 1 Jungle Troll?..."
xD

Of course there's so many options. Dwarves, Naga, Forsaken, Pandaren, Goblin, Dalaran, Nerubian, Wildhammer, Elemental... Ahh.

I'm sorry, but I have exama whole month so I don't know when I will be free...
Sounds like you'll be free in a month? We can wait. : )

Level 50
Excellent. Well, you guys know the next words that'll come outta my mouth... "Hm, have you ever seen a Tier 1 Jungle Troll?..."
xD

Of course there's so many options. Dwarves, Naga, Forsaken, Pandaren, Goblin, Dalaran, Nerubian, Wildhammer, Elemental... Ahh.

Sounds like you'll be free in a month? We can wait. : )
I think so. Maybe I will have some time after 20th of june.

Level 28
Alright! Just one thing: the main thread is still waiting to be filled up with some info* that it isn't me who decides, so you guys need to fill that :p after that I'll move the thread to the main lobby and officially launch the challenge.

*E.g. since it's a challenge, you guys can decide the duration, results calculation (if you want public poll or not), rules (if custom textures or not), etc

Last edited:
Level 51
Alright! Just one thing: the main thread is still waiting to be filled up with some info* that it isn't me who decides, so you guy need to fill that :p after that I'll move the thread to the main lobby and officially launch the challenge.

*E.g. since it's a challenge, you guys can decide the duration, results calculation (if you want public poll or not), rules (if custom textures or not), etc

Done :)

Level 51
Thread moved and all! I'm ready to see some awesome models around here.

Btw, you guys might aswell decide the percentages in which the public poll and judging score will count in the final results calculation.

Thanks much (and thanks for fixing/enhancing the thread layout <3). We'll decide upon that as soon as possible.

I hope we can deliever :D

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Looking good. Shield is lackluster imo

Status
Not open for further replies.