• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling: Deolrin vs PROXY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
IBtw. epic model Deolrin, didn't have time yet to take a look on it earlier, need to do now!

Thanks! Your model is awesome as well. This will be tough. :D

Deo, I'd suggest you to make those chains a tad darker, they are too bright and stand out.

Well, it's a bit too late for that. The challenge's over. :p
I think that if I applied a geoset animation color to the chains, it would screw them up anyway. I don't think geoset animations work well with alpha'd out textures. It would just turn the invisible bits into solid color bits. Also, I kind of like the chains as they are. They are very fiery and hot-looking!

I think that if I applied a geoset animation color to the chains, it would screw them up anyway. I don't think geoset animations work well with alpha'd out textures. It would just turn the invisible bits into solid color bits.
wrong. I used that effect in the 'Shame' model. alpha planes that change color even with animation. that mess-up only applies for additive filter, or maybe modulate, or modulate 2x... 2-color or full alpha are unaffected, since geoset animations can change color and alpha out stuff, but there's no ways to "alpha-in" parts of the texture...

when doing an alpha-out animation theres even a dirty trick to make an animated dissolve effect with 2-color alpha filter, since it disappears below 75% and appears above... values vary linearly but change in an boolean principle...

oh look, i got distracted and lost the subject again...

Level 49
when doing an alpha-out animation theres even a dirty trick to make an animated dissolve effect with 2-color alpha filter, since it disappears below 75% and appears above... values vary linearly but change in an boolean principle...

Must be what General Frank used for some of his models. I should probably look into doing something like that myself. ^^
Do you simply go from "1" to "0" in a geoset animation to achieve the dissolve effect?

Must be what General Frank used for some of his models. I should probably look into doing something like that myself. ^^
Do you simply go from "1" to "0" in a geoset animation to achieve the dissolve effect?
your alpha channel must be prepared... to give the certain effect.

each pixel shall disappear below 75% opacity and appear above it.

needless to say more. now you should show what you're worth and solve the puzzle yourself :ogre_frown:

Bleh, finally found the time to do this. Alright, screw the numbers, I'll do this the short and direct way.

Deolrin, the Centaur not only fits the hiearchy well, but it also fits the game perfectly. Amazing use of in-game textures here and KotG animations. The effects could've been somewhat better. The flaming thing on the attack and spell anims feels rather plain. The chains on the eyes seem a bit too bright.

PROXY, as far as I can see you've decimated Jaina's model and made a goblin. It turned out quite well. However, I would never guess that was a goblin if the texture wasn't green. The contours don't feel really lady like. You've put plenty of effort into detailing it though.

A really tough decision, but I'll have to pick a winner.

Both of you made models which fit the theme very well, but the win will have to go to Deolrin just because it's more WC3 styled.

Status
Not open for further replies.