• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #28 - Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 42
Im done with mine
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nightelflunarmage-272441/

I have finally done it, I wanted to add an alternate mode, But I failed hard at it, and there is not enough time, I have to finish this one quick because I have something else to settle. The Model is slightly smaller than vanila model, When using this, Scale it up around 1.4
And Add a "fast" animation tag to it unless you want it to walk slowly.

198192-albums8383-picture103739.png

198192-albums8383-picture103738.png

Level 48
In my opinion the TC would look better on the upper shoulderpads rather than the inner ones. Nice job though. Definitely consider billboarding the glows on his weapon. Also, you can use Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Translation to scale, translate and rotate models pretty much flawlessly (takes into account nodes, doesn't re-scale particle emitters iirc).

Level 42
In my opinion the TC would look better on the upper shoulderpads rather than the inner ones. Nice job though. Definitely consider billboarding the glows on his weapon. Also, you can use Oinkerwinkle's Geoset Translation to scale, translate and rotate models pretty much flawlessly (takes into account nodes, doesn't re-scale particle emitters iirc).

Oinkertool doesnt work on my computer unfortunately
But i will try and use matrix eater to see if it can work

Ahh i will dwap the tc then

Level 42

Updated :)
Changelog: Swapped the Shoulderpad TC, Bilboarded the Staff glow (Works in-game) and scaled up the size. And added tc to the staff
198192-albums8383-picture103744.png

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nightelflunarmage-272441/

Level 51
So jeah, no special effects for me then. Sure to lose the points there, but whatever. At least I got the animations somewhat fixed up, though I'm not really happy with the outcome.

Anyway: here you go.

Attachments

• EredarAnnihilator.mdx
    205.2 KB · Views: 147
  • EredarAnnihilator_Portrait.mdx
    106.8 KB · Views: 144
  • ready.png
    ready.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 631
Level 48
I think we're just about ready to close now, unless somebody really needs those few hours/extra day to come up with an amazing submission. Good hustle, everyone! I'll leave the thread open for discussion, but except for last-case objections consider this contest done. I'll update the entry page tomorrow and contact the judges.

Level 20
Give me a real quick hour and I'll submit it.

Ok here it is. Yeah, it's a reuploaded screenshot but it fits the character well.
It's probably not close to what I imagined since it's missing a very important double-handed chaos dunk but it'll work out this way for a quick submission.

Attachments

• DunkMaster.mdx
    108.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Dunk2.jpg
    Dunk2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
I know. :(
I really hoped all of these guys would come out of the woodwork for the extension, but alas no such luck. Still though, there's a bunch more entries than the last contest and all of it's really cool so I'm overall happy with how this one went!
my apologies, because i'm one of them. :(

whenever i would reserve some time to model something got in the way... i had really a shitload of stuff to be done at work and was unable to finish mine. and i guaranteed i'd finish. shame on me. ._.

Level 9
my apologies, because i'm one of them. :(

whenever i would reserve some time to model something got in the way... i had really a shitload of stuff to be done at work and was unable to finish mine. and i guaranteed i'd finish. shame on me. ._.

And i'm one of them too, i worked hard for it but the truth is ''i failed bad'' and really gotta train myself about it. Creating, building something is my real love.. Modeling, texturing and animating is ok!, but when it's about to make it work on the game? This is the deadline for me, (for now).. Anyways i enjoyed all the adventure here and learned few little things :) i'm wishing best for you guys..

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I really wish A.R could complete his goblin mage. It was so awesome. I don't even care if he finish it in time for the contest; I want it.
Join the friggin' club. That dude is a monster at both "coming up with & starting amazing models" & "not quite completing said models". You should see his WIP page. So many tears...

<3, A.R.

Level 49
Oh okay. We're postponing a contest that's supposed to be done millenias ago, way past the deadlineS given because we're waiting for 1-2 people. Okay thats a cool thing, i don't see anything wrong with that i mean, do you?

Level 48
Sorry folks! I didn't forget anything. My internet's been acting up a lot recently and honestly I wasn't in the mood to mess around with it and try to get things done. Pages just refused to open most of the time (although Skype and other functionalities were fine...) and I'd get random disconnects.
I've set up the poll here and contacted the judges, let's get this thing over and done with. Good luck, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.