1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you need to get JNGP working with 1.28, read this.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for the 26th Texturing Contest is up and running. Choose an entry for the win!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Place your vote for the best custom spells made for Zephyr Contest #15 - Model Based!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter. May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Modeling Contest 16: TANKS

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by anarchianbedlam, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Time-to-die

Time-to-die

2. DarkKnight

DarkKnight

I think he means the entire turret, not just the barrel.

3. Time-to-die

Time-to-die

Its a sci-fi game who cares how it looks haha. Could shot a hundred rounds a minute for all we know.

4. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Why am I not on the list of entries??

5. General Frank

General Frank

So posting the model on the 31th March about about 11 pm would be legal?

6. Pyritie

Pyritie

I'd prefer you didn't, but if you have to, sure

7. General Frank

General Frank

What do you mean, you refer? Isn't it actually my decision when I say my entry is ready?

8. Pyritie

Pyritie

Yeah but if you submit it earlier then you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally missing the deadline

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

well, just saying it looks disporportianate. even if it did shoot a hundred rounds per minute, it would need an advanced load mechanism. In anycase, if infinity's decision.

10. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

That's why he said "prefer". Not "demand".

11. Tails96

Tails96

I've got an error, so I had to restart the whole project. Now I'm here:
    Tank 2.JPG

12. infrenus

infrenus

I will try to finish mine in the date,but the studies are killing me [I am on school right now]

13. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

i was put back 1 week due to exporting difficulties, i'll probably still be able to make the deadline, though.

14. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Uh-oh, sounds like we have 3 contestants behind already.

15. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

I dont want mr.bob to die of an aneurism. D=

Edit: Here's my beta, still have to finish attack anim and add more particles. the textureanim hasn't been made to work in wc3 yet, (the magos editor bug)

Attached Files:

16. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Yeah I have way too many things going on at once right now and I can't find time for this contest (eh I'm a terrible modeler anyways so I had no chance at winning). Count me out

17. PROXY

PROXY

Model Reviewer

mesh is awsome, but not really creative. anyway I suggest you to work a bit on the anims: NO TANK WOULD SWING THAT MUCH o_O No, really change that.

anyway: I think I can't finish my model before the deadline :( I'm so busy with my project, requests, school etc. Maybe I find time tomorrow to work on it.

18. ikillforeyou

ikillforeyou

a goblin tank would. =P

19. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

I should probably work on mine...kk I'll finish it tonight.

20. Deolrin

Deolrin

Most likely my final submission.
    The Infernal Behemoth is a new creation of the Gan'arg and Mo'arg engineers. It was intended to replace the Infernal Juggernaughts as the Legion's most heavy assault and siege vehicles, with supporting Rocket Pods against flying targets, a couple heavy Fel Energy cannons and a light machine gun. The armor on the Behemoth is heavy enough to protect it against most kinds of metal and magic, though it is not much of an improvement over the Juggernaughts in terms of durability. The Behemoths has proved themselves to be able to destroy whole operational military bases with very little support from other Legion troops. The Fel Energy beam cannons are especially effective against buildings and heavily armored units while the machine gun is effective against weak and unarmored units such as front-line Footmen or Grunts. The Fel Iron rockets, which are used against flying targets, contain high amounts of explosive material of a new kind recently discovered in the Twisting Nether - it's firepower is enough to eliminate a whole Gryphon Rider brigade with great ease.

Attached Files: