• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #13 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this here is my final submission, I think. I don't have time to fix anything tomorrow...
Quite basically. The skin is absolute crap. It ain't even worth looking at. Looks like something from paint... I suck at skinning, and the entire model is a simple concept.
Pic1.jpg

Attachments

• Papylon.MDX
    73.2 KB · Views: 67
  • PapylonTexture.blp
    40.8 KB · Views: 322
  • PapylonTexture.tga
    64 KB · Views: 215
Ok, so I had time to improve the model slightly ;) Added a camera, I had forgot, do'h :S
Also added some particles and fixed the "Work"-animation. It now works nicely ^^
The decay is a bit short, though :S It wouldn't let me export an animation over 640 frames in 3DSM5 :S
And thanks for the +rep, RDZ! :D I'm now at the blue one! =D

EDIT: And, Oo! Nice, Skrab! :D Really nailed the unwrap now ;)
EDIT 2: Forgot the skin :p Here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/f226/53131d1240769073-modeling-contest-13-papylontexture.blp

Attachments

• Papylon.MDX
    74.8 KB · Views: 248
Level 31
OK there is it...

Ok I only have problems with:

A: The death anim.

It just kinda disappears. Go look up vids of building demolition. All of them sink into the ground. Buildings do not explode into the sky. They lose stability and colapse. As a side note, I don't understand why people hate my death anim so much. It is completely accurate.

B: The decay anim.

There is just a gate and smoke. I don't really get it. Is there something in the World Editor that can not be seen in the Model Editor?

Level 25
Ok I only have problems with:

A: The death anim.

It just kinda disappears. Go look up vids of building demolition. All of them sink into the ground. Buildings do not explode into the sky. They lose stability and colapse. As a side note, I don't understand why people hate my death anim so much. It is completely accurate.

B: The decay anim.

There is just a gate and smoke. I don't really get it. Is there something in the World Editor that can not be seen in the Model Editor?

A: I don't want to make it look realistic :D its fantasy game everything can happen
B: No need to add much details on the decay animations
just few small fires and the smoke
and also the towers and gateway get some dark illumination color

*some stuff is not visible in Model viewers

Level 31
A: I don't want to make it look realistic :D its fantasy game everything can happen
B: No need to add much details on the decay animations
just few small fires and the smoke
and also the towers and gateway get some dark illumination color

*some stuff is not visible in Model viewers

Well the decay anim looks a bit weird. I guess it's fine.

As for the death anim: Ok, but it still is kinda strange as how it kinda just disappears.

As for everyone else, do not dis my death anim. It is realistic. :mad:

Level 26
Aiiieeee! Might I slip in my entry? It's been done for a while, but when TDR said he'd judge I hid under a rock. Fortunately the beer swilling one told me I hadn't missed the deadline. Or have I?

No custom skins. Just import... also. Curse you *talented* people. Sum1 lrn me 2 modul. With something other than Oinkerwinkles. Blargh

Attachments

• SlaveHut.mdx
    98.8 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.