• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Advice

Best Modelling Programme

• Milkshape

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 3ds Max

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im thinking of getting a modelling programme, In your opinion what is the best Modelling AND animating programme.

well, milkshape is more for beginners, because of it's easy to use functions. also
the general ui is easier for beginners.
3ds max is more for advanced modelers and everything seems complicated at the first
time.
So if you are a beginner in modeling, or never made one, you should first try
milkshape.
but if you have some experience with modeling, 3dsmax would be better, because
of it's mass of functions.

Level 22
For someone who is far not an artist like me, nor a modeler and has no intention to go pro, Milkshape is the best. Since I'm looking forward to SC2, I don't see a reason to not use Milkshape for SC2. As long as models can be created and exported for SC2, even if animations may not work properly, id rather use MS3D.

You should know that it is very easy to work with it, it doesn't take much HDD space too, doesnt install things that you may not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.