• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Contest #31 Theme Poll

What should the next Model Contest's theme be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mc31-tp02-png.315863

- Abomination

Create a model sewn together from many components.

- Classic Warcraft Character

'Nuff said.

- Cyberpunk

High tech. Low life.

- Dystopian

A new model, or a known model's counterpart, from a world gone wrong.

- Fortress + Minion

Create a building and a unit that it can train.

- Hourglass of Time

Redo the theme of a chosen previous model contest.

- Living Weapon

Create a model of a weapon that's come to life.

- Melee Rework

Reimagine one of the existing melee heroes.

- Metamorphosis

A hero model with an ultimate form.

- Missiles

Create a missile pack.

- Mythical

Create a model drawn from mythology.

- Prime

Create a substantial upgrade of a default unit.

- Siege

A model that revolves around dealing with structures.

- Single Texture

Contestants must create a model solely based on one texture from the MPQs/CASC. Only special effects may use other textures.

- Tier 1 Unit

A model suitable for a tier 1 unit from any race.

- Tower

A model that can function as a tower.

- Wards

Create a pack of interesting wards.

- Worker

Contestants must create a worker unit for any race.

- Paired

Team mode. One contestant must create the model, while the other must handle the artwork.

- Trees

Contestants must create a pack of trees.

- Emotions

Models inspired and manifested from emotions, or physical/metaphysical/astral manifestations of such.

- Floating Structures

A la Necropolis.

- Giants

Element-based giants, forest giants, human giants, statues, and fattened creatures. You name it.

- Ironic Ones

A demon who uses holy powers, an orc that is fully armored with elven and human features. Model a combination of two opposing forces.

- Lovecraftian

Models that are wiggly, tentacly, bulbous and pulpy, all with the grossness of slime and the absence of red blood and gore.

- Submersible Structures

Create a building meant to go underwater.

Proposed Contest span: June 10 to August 20

Last edited:
Level 19
Voted for Abomination, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Melee and Prime.

Cyberpunk, Melee and Prime would be especially interesting for me. All of these three can have tons of details in them and can be really unique. This applies if youre a solid modeller though :D but i like creating ideas even if i wont he able to get them to live in 3D!

Also, the contest span will be a month if it doesn't work, I think we could hold mini-contests instead to see what can work around.

I grow tired of months long contests since much can happen within a month's span of it.

I beg to differ. For instance, Fortress + Minion is one of the leading options. A month can be constricting for those aiming for custom animations.

Perhaps a month and 15 days?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
There are too many good ideas on this one. :D Hard to vote for just 5.

I think they could stand to be more defined & explained... Especially something like "Hourglass of Time" (would a single one Contest Theme be chosen for all, or would each contestant pick their own old Contest Theme (i.e. chaos)??)

Level 14
Please add new themes such as:
  • Lovecraftian - Models that are wiggly, tentacly, bulbous and pulpy, and all with some grossness of slime and absence of red blood and gore.
  • Necromechanicals - Models such as mechanically augmented or embedded in undead flesh and parts.
  • Siege Weapon with Minions - Models that resemble a powerful siege weapon operated by some minions with at least 2 or more.
  • Emotion-Based - Models inspired and manifested from emotions, or physical/metaphysical/astral manifestation of such.
  • Giants - Yes, big towering hulks you can imagine. From element-based giants, forest giants, human giants, statues, and fattened creatures.
  • Ironic Ones - Something that is like a demon who uses holy powers, orc that is fully armored with elven and human features, arcane wizard that has chaotic and fel costumes and powers. Model combination of two opposing forces.
  • Submersible Buildings.
  • Floating Structures - Yes, like Necropolis. That can fly, perhaps.
  • Phoenixian - Any model that is everglowing, everblazing. Could be ground or air. Anything that has constant blaze all over the body, could use different colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.