• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] - Commander O'Shovah of the Farsight Enclaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First off, this model is for the Warhammer 40k AoS. If you know your Tau fluff, Farsight is an interesting character for the Tau because he's the only battlesuit who wields a blade and a plasma rifle simultaneously (though his rules are generally unsuited for competitive play, save against Vehicles).

This also means that it's impossible to find a standard model for him. The Tau Commando is unsuitable, as it possesses only a gun. Thus, I would humbly ask someone if they are willing to take up this model. The AoS is fairly done, but we lack models to really help with the appearance.

Here are various pictures and details to help:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Farsight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Tau Empire/Farsight3.jpg

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Tau_XV8_Battlesuit_Commander_O'Shovah-Farsight.gif

I hope it would not be too much of me to ask a few guidelines of any modeler involved, as there are certain things we need for the hero.

1) It would be nice if the file size was kept relatively small. I don't want to make it so the model looks awful, but don't go too overboard.

2) The model needs an animation for a melee attack using his blade and a ranged attack using his plasma rifle. Additionally, one of his spells will require a spell slam animation.

I think that's it for now. If you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer them! Much obliged for any help received!

Level 3
No, it's rather unlikely anyone would want to model something so complex. Pyramidhead's models are excellent for what we need, save in one aspect: file size. ._.

Still, I do not mind pushing a rock destined to fall back down. In the meantime, I can find things to do.

Level 3
Ergh. If the file size limit was raised to 8 MB's, as I'm thinking, then that's hardly anything. Our map is currently ~7mb, with compression, and a lot of space is taken up by (custom) models. The three biggest models we have, for perspective, take up a whole MB, nearly. If we could make our own models, or acquire smaller ones, then it would be quite a bit easier to work. We try our best to find models within WC3 that generally can take up the role of the hero we want, but it's not likely we'll find everything.

So, I'm looking for something close to 150-200 kb as reasonable. Not sure if it can be done, but whatever can be found or made is certainly better than the space ogre that makes me want to vomit every time I see this hero played.

PS: I'd be curious about your battlesuit, though. Could I see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.