• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model/Animation-Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just one question before my request: How do I add sounds in my cinematics. I say add sound BuildingLargeHumanDestroy or something and I say what point in the cinematic I want it. It's just that... its not working. When I test it, the sounds don't come. :?: Help??

And my request is: Can someone create a .MDX file that has a huge explosion on it?

Oh yeah... one more thing... how do I make a unit play a animation e.g. gather in the game? I use the trigger but I don't know what to type.

Level 21
Re: Help!!!!

Dragon_Lord said:
Just one question before my request: How do I add sounds in my cinematics. I say add sound BuildingLargeHumanDestroy or something and I say what point in the cinematic I want it. It's just that... its not working. When I test it, the sounds don't come. :?: Help??

And my request is: Can someone create a .MDX file that has a huge explosion on it?

Oh yeah... one more thing... how do I make a unit play a animation e.g. gather in the game? I use the trigger but I don't know what to type.

You can use a neutral building destruction as a nice explosion effect

Trigger - Play XXXXX unit's animation

Level 21
[Simplified for easier understanding]

when I mentioned the XXXX ...

Its a sensetive space for a animation phase, such as Attack (attack animation) , Spell (spell animation) , walk (animation) and what other animations the unit model has to offer. If you want to see and know the unit's animation, check through the unit's animation in the WE previewer in the left
So, Play Footman's Attack animation will cause the footman to do its attack animation

Trigger - Play unit animation is under " Animation " section

Level 21
When theres dialogue from a unit during your cinematic, the unit who is speaking can do a sound because it has a feature on that action to play a sound doesn't it?
If not, try playing a sound manually with a action on the trigger (go to sound editor > browse the folder category for the sounds you want > right click and use as sounds (will appear on list now > double click the sound on the list and set its property as " user interface " > now the sound will be played!

Level 21
Just add a event to " periodic " that means every xxx seconds of game time, that action will be performed (and thats footman attack animation)

So

Events - Every 2 seconds of game
Conditions
Actions
Animate - Play footman's attack animation

will result the footman doing a loop animation because its doing the attack animation so often

Status
Not open for further replies.