• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mob Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A bug I found today as I was farming (lvl 20/21 gnoll area):
When you run out of aggro range, if you follow the monster back to it's spawn location, it will imediately turn around and follow you, but here's the catch (bug), if you run out of the aggro range, the monster WILL NOT TURN BACK. Instead it will follow you all over the map and will only go back if you HIT IT. In which case i'll walk back and then it'll "teleport" the the spawn location when it enters the boundary of the aggro circle...

A bug I found today as I was farming (lvl 20/21 gnoll area):
When you run out of aggro range, if you follow the monster back to it's spawn location, it will imediately turn around and follow you, but here's the catch (bug), if you run out of the aggro range, the monster WILL NOT TURN BACK. Instead it will follow you all over the map and will only go back if you HIT IT. In which case i'll walk back and then it'll "teleport" the the spawn location when it enters the boundary of the aggro circle...
Sounds to me like the ordinary WC3 AI has taken over. This CAN happen at times, but it's not a serious issue if you ask me. I don't think you can abuse this in any way, cause as you said: as soon as you hit the mob, it runs back.

Level 3
lol~ No, it isn't a useful bug, but can be annoying, per se, your trying to run away with 4 hp and for some reason the moster doesn't go back T.T

Level 10
Something interesting happened to me as well yesterday when I was playing with a few people. I was in D2 running protector attempting to kill him solo on my druid (which I've gotten very close once or twice, it's just a lot of fun attempting lol) and on occasion I would run out of the dungeon to reset boss/mobs etc. The boss however would chase me to the entrence then once I left the dungeon I think he would try to chase me further by going to the top right of the dungeon as if trying to find the best possible pathing to me. After like 3 minutes he would walk back from like around ancient back to his spawning spot.

later on in that same dungeon game almost every single mob bugged out on me and would follow me practically endlessly. I was chased by boars outside D2 all the way to the farmland camp by the brides ring quest. I'm not entirely sure what caused these issues to occur but seemed important enough to mention.

EDIT: Also as my wolf tanked protector, if my wolf happened to die on an attempt like 50% of the time protector would just reset instantly once it died even though I was standing near him still fighting. Perhaps it's the bugs doing that causes the mobs to bug. Whatever the issue is I think it's related to what satoshikid said it kind of described what happened to me with the boars.

Something interesting happened to me as well yesterday when I was playing with a few people. I was in D2 running protector attempting to kill him solo on my druid (which I've gotten very close once or twice, it's just a lot of fun attempting lol) and on occasion I would run out of the dungeon to reset boss/mobs etc. The boss however would chase me to the entrence then once I left the dungeon I think he would try to chase me further by going to the top right of the dungeon as if trying to find the best possible pathing to me. After like 3 minutes he would walk back from like around ancient back to his spawning spot.

later on in that same dungeon game almost every single mob bugged out on me and would follow me practically endlessly. I was chased by boars outside D2 all the way to the farmland camp by the brides ring quest. I'm not entirely sure what caused these issues to occur but seemed important enough to mention.

EDIT: Also as my wolf tanked protector, if my wolf happened to die on an attempt like 50% of the time protector would just reset instantly once it died even though I was standing near him still fighting. Perhaps it's the bugs doing that causes the mobs to bug. Whatever the issue is I think it's related to what satoshikid said it kind of described what happened to me with the boars.
This happens when the boss is issued an order other than attack, for example a spell. He will try to get into range and cast it on you, but never manages to reach you. There is some kind of hard reset when the mob gets too far away from its initial camping spot, obviously this wasnt triggered here. I'm gonna check that.

EDIT: Okay ... I know why this is happening. You guys obviously died in the Arena before ... is that true? In that case, the problem is solved in 1.1i(4) which I will upload in some minutes.

Last edited:
Level 10
haha, Any squire class is near impossible to beat in a duel if they have revenge. It's practically a one hit kill! But you can't expect PVP to be that balanced since the game is balanced around MVP It's just something fun to do on the side :]

Level 5
haha, Any squire class is near impossible to beat in a duel if they have revenge. It's practically a one hit kill! But you can't expect PVP to be that balanced since the game is balanced around MVP It's just something fun to do on the side :]
ranger can just use his net to get an easy kill on the squire... barbed arrow + flaming + multi shot + claws strike while in the net = heavy damage even for a squire...

Level 10
Not if you're druid and you have absolutely no points in agility :D and all these crusaders have like 30 armor now with eternal :[ My barbed is lucky to do 200!

+ I pretty much fail at this game. Oh pride :[

Edit: anyways my failing in pvp has absolutely nothing to do with bugs so I'm gonna cut my losses and stop posting about it :[

Level 5
You can easily beat any squire class with a monk. I have a lvl 36 monk equiped with full d2 items, and every time my friends would challenge me, I'd use divine+symbol+steel body = a lot of damage in a matter of seconds, due to monk's attack rating. Sometimes they'd be close to kill me, but I can easily cast burst of light.

PD: Both Crusader and Berserker are full d2 items equiped, and also both with revenge.

You can easily beat any squire class with a monk. I have a lvl 36 monk equiped with full d2 items, and every time my friends would challenge me, I'd use divine+symbol+steel body = a lot of damage in a matter of seconds, due to monk's attack rating. Sometimes they'd be close to kill me, but I can easily cast burst of light.

PD: Both Crusader and Berserker are full d2 items equiped, and also both with revenge.
Remember that Monk Steel Body is ridicolously overpowered and will be nerfed in 1.2. But yes, monk will always be a strong class in PvP with the ability to (at least within mana restrictions) heal, shield and high endurance at the same time.

Level 5
Well yes, I'm actually awared of that. Moreover, one of my playing partners has a bishop, but the poor guy isn't used to healers or support classes, so I'm currently in the making of a new bishop, so we can at least go through the first part of D3; it's annoying to me that with a full D2 items equipment, and there are five of us, that we can't complete the waves of undeads. Btw, this is my team:

Sorcerer lvl 34
Crusader lvl 33
Berserker lvl 33
Bishop lvl 34
Monk lvl 36
Assasin lvl 33

PD: I'm from Argentina btw, we're playing in Ombuserver. And if anyone could tell me how to create an account for any of Blizzard's servers (Lordaeron, Azeroth, etc), cuz that's the ones you guys are currently playing at, right? I'd really like to be of some help, if you need a bishop or a monk :p

Level 5
If you have a legal copy of Warcraft 3 you can just start up WC3 and press the big Battle.net button, the rest is something you should easily figure out yourself, otherwise you'll have to find a CD-Key somehow.

Level 5
Not really the right thread, if you ask me, but seriously: with that group you should be able to complete D3. We've made it with groups much worse than that.

Well, I'm sure you had. But the problem is the user, not the hero.

If you have a legal copy of Warcraft 3 you can just start up WC3 and press the big Battle.net button, the rest is something you should easily figure out yourself, otherwise you'll have to find a CD-Key somehow.

Yep, that's exactly my dilema; I don't have a legal copy of wc3. but really is there any CD Key out there? or maybe a crack or something like that

Level 4
Not to log onto Battle.net, no. That's why you see people using things like Eurobattle and Garena, because they're too cheap to buy a game that's like $20. (Even though the majority of the people on those cracked programs/servers just play DotA.

Yep, that's exactly my dilema; I don't have a legal copy of wc3
Sorry, but aren't you ashamed of yourself? -_-'
WC3 is one of the best games of all times and you don't even care enough to pay like 10$ to get a legal copy to play it? People like you should go f*** yourself, seriously.

And sorry if that offends you ... but ALL of the games I have are legal, even crappy games like Oblivion which I have played like 10 hours and then deinstalled them for being boring as hell. Guys like you are the reason so many good gaming niché game-studios go bankrupt... (RIP Black Isle! You gave us the best role playing game ever made...)

Level 5
I'm sorry if I can't afford a legal copy of a game Zwel. Here in Argentina people are NOT used to buy legal copies of almost anything. I don't even think people play on steam (on which you have to buy every game to play it).

And in fact, I don't know why the fuck you should be judging me. I really enjoy playing WC3 probably as much as any gamer, and it wouldn't change a bit even having a legal copy.

I'm sorry if I can't afford a legal copy of a game Zwel. Here in Argentina people are NOT used to buy legal copies of almost anything. I don't even think people play on steam (on which you have to buy every game to play it).

And in fact, I don't know why the fuck you should be judging me. I really enjoy playing WC3 probably as much as any gamer, and it wouldn't change a bit even having a legal copy.
Yeah, of course, you obviously CAN afford a computer, you CAN afford internet connection and possibly a lot more than that.
And that everyone in your country does it doesn't mean I have to like it. Heck, there are more than enough people that CAN afford to pay for games but still don't.

And besides: If you haven't got a legal copy then at least don't proudly tell anyone. Thanks.

Level 5
And if someones tells you that he has a cracked copy, don't proudly send them to go fuck themselves. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.