• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimum speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think interceptors are a bit complicated, and have their own system.
If you want it to go random places, create a trigger that sends the unit to a random point in (Entire Map).

If you want it to be constricted to a certain area, make a region, followed by some triggers:

Event - Map Initialization
Condition -
Action - Attach (Region 1) to (Your Unit)

Event - Every # Game Time Seconds
Condition -
Action - Issue (Move - Targetting (Random Point in (Your Region))) order to (Your Unit) After existing orders.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You are aware this is Starcraft II? It does this sort of thing for you. I know how to get missles to orbit the target (movers). I know interceptors sort of orbit the target point (but random places around it).

Why would he need a complex physic trigger system when eithor of the above may be able to do it. Blizzard has designed SC2 so that the data editor can be more powerful than WC3 triggers (but they have made SC2 triggers slightly different from WC3).

Your trigger also is far from usable due to the random and timed nature of it. It would most likly result in the unit stopping from time to time or the unit's order que being filled up completly so it throws a nasty error at you (too many orders).

Status
Not open for further replies.