• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling contest #4 - TOWERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I decided to try play around with your tower a bit, shamanyouranus.

This is what I managed to achieve using the "element_sprite" attachment point. The results are somewhat promising.

towers.png

In the picture:
Abilities\Weapons\DemonHunterMissile\DemonHunterMissile.mdl
Abilities\Weapons\ChimaeraAcidMissile\ChimaeraAcidMissile.md
Abilities\Spells\Other\SoulBurn\SoulBurnbuff.mdll
Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdl

Also suggest:
Abilities\Weapons\BansheeMissile\BansheeMissile.mdl
Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoMissile.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Undead\Possession\PossessionTarget.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Other\Parasite\ParasiteTarget.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Other\Parasite\ParasiteMissile.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Human\ManaFlare\ManaFlareBase.mdl
abilities\weapons\catapult\catapultmissile.mdl
Objects\InventoryItems\CrystalShard\CrystalShard.mdl
Abilities\Weapons\WitchDoctorMissile\WitchDoctorMissile.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Items\OrbCorruption\OrbCorruptionSpecialArt.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Undead\Cripple\CrippleTarget.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Items\PotionOfOmniscience\CrystalBallCaster.mdl
Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Barkskin\BarkSkinTarget.mdl

The way it works is, if you don't have 3 by the deadline, the third person to finish is the final. Its a new system. :D It may produce only a few entries now, but in later contests we shall reap massive profit from it! The "extension" is basically however much time in between the contest deadline, and when we get the third entry.

There are 3 entries now btw guys. You better speed up.

whoa whoa wait when was this decided

Level 9
Pyritie, don't you argue with him! Dram-a-pocalypse is near.
I can feel the tension between you and Mr. Bob and I can safetly say it's not worth it.
Just accept his demands and nobody will get hurt
Well... maybe Happycockroach but I've heard that a cockroach can live for weeks without their head. By the time anyone notice it, we will living large in the off-topic forum!

Level 35
I like your tower Sham, simple yea.. but nice/useful (have yet to check the animations though.)

Well... maybe Happycockroach but I've heard that a cockroach can live for weeks without their head.

I don't think thats true and mystbusters already proved that they won't survive as long as other insects after a nuclear explosion.

Level 26
@Pyritie, I'm thought we had told you that we were using a new "deadline/extension" system, you know, to speed these contests up and keep them actually ON TIME lol.

@Debode, no

@Mr.bob, I dont think that actually qualifies as a tower ._. its just a zombie standing up. I mean, i know it could FUNCTION as a tower ingame, but then ANYTHING can, you know? But I'll leave it up to the APPOINTED judges to decide that. and yes, i am looking at you debode. I dont want you giving out some unnoficial "judging" like you did in the paired contest to influence anyone's decision.

@Pyritie, I'm thought we had told you that we were using a new "deadline/extension" system, you know, to speed these contests up and keep them actually ON TIME lol.

I don't think you did.

Like I said to Mr. Bob, contests are primarily for fun, and if someone works hard on an entry and then ends up being an hour late due to sudden real life shenanigans or whatever, imagine how that must feel on the receiving end?

Okay, lowering the frequency of extensions I'm fine with but we don't have to be anal retentive about disqualifying people for being a few hours late.

Level 26
I don't think you did.

Like I said to Mr. Bob, contests are primarily for fun, and if someone works hard on an entry and then ends up being an hour late due to sudden real life shenanigans or whatever, imagine how that must feel on the receiving end?

Okay, lowering the frequency of extensions I'm fine with but we don't have to be anal retentive about disqualifying people for being a few hours late.

I dont understand pyritie, i have ALWAYS accepted entries that were a few hours late, ive accepted entries that were a day late. We simply implemented this new system to prevent the "lets have 6 more extensions because only 2 people made any models in the past 3 months"

Yeah sorry. First time I couldn't get the judging done in time. But seriously, schoolwork is killing me and so are my parents and the party on saturday etc...
:ogre_icwydt:

lies!
I went to the paul mccartney show so we spent the whole weekend camping on the entrance to the show to get a good spot and still i managed to finish my judging in a couple of hours before leaving home hahaha me > you :ugly:

EDIT: this post is highly ignorable

Status
Not open for further replies.