• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Mapping Contest #16 - Mini RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Alright, I've fixed the last few bugs I could find and I'll upload the map now and update this post with a final entry link.

Map uploaded.

THE GUARDIAN

The Guardian

Gameplay should be around 45 minutes for a new player. I managed to finish it in 25 minutes.

Cinematics (including conversation cinematics) are something between 5 to 10 minutes long.

Last edited:
Alright, I've fixed the last few bugs I could find and I'll upload the map now and update this post with a final entry link.

Map uploaded.

THE GUARDIAN

The Guardian

Gameplay should be around 45 minutes for a new player. I managed to finish it in 25 minutes.

Cinematics (including conversation cinematics) are something between 5 to 10 minutes long.
Great! I will check it out in a bit.

Level 12
Alright, this is my last WIP: one of the boss battles. I wish I would've just had like 2 or 3 more days to work on it, because I haven't put in the ending, and I need to spend the rest of today bug testing to make sure my existing content works. So I think I'll have to cut off a section of the map and make that content the "extended edition" or something. Still, this is probably the most complete and ambitious map I've ever made, so I'm glad I did this contest!
work in progress 3.png

Level 19
Alright, this is my last WIP: one of the boss battles. I wish I would've just had like 2 or 3 more days to work on it, because I haven't put in the ending, and I need to spend the rest of today bug testing to make sure my existing content works. So I think I'll have to cut off a section of the map and make that content the "extended edition" or something. Still, this is probably the most complete and ambitious map I've ever made, so I'm glad I did this contest!
View attachment 348396
Keep in mind the deadline is in roughly 2 and a half hour.

View attachment 348396
Awesome!

I love that a lot of people have started posting their entries. I was starting to lose hope for a moment to be honest.

@FeelsGoodMan
We need to set a version requirement for next time around, jumping from version to version is rather tedious.
(Especially after the fact that I just switched to the current patch to test these...)
Yeah I agree. I didn't really think about it when I started the contest, as I didn't expect classic to get buttfucked as much as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.