• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Minicraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
I don't remember being able to play ANY Azeroth Wars game without at least 6 people leaving after a minutes and if you can get 11 friends to play with you, then gratz.

I played a full house once in my life, and it was AMAZING.
The only people who left, left mid-game, and had not a lot of influence on the game. Their allies continued playing with them.

Level 28
Azeroth Wars can ONLY really be played with 12 players, and Mafia is only fun with 12 players, two of the greatest maps around.
Are you being serious? I've played Azeroth Wars with 6 people and it was actually rather fun (I wouldn't know which version though, there are so many).
Wouldn't know about Mafia, never even heard of that map.

Any other map that does require 12 players to be fun is a joke. To get full house on b.net is very difficult, especially new maps - like the ones which were just created for this contest.
And I'm not a peoples person, I don't play warcraft online, only with those 3 people. I am not going to change that just because you think I'm a bad judge for that.

Come on, you'll never get love from everyone. Some people like you some people don't some don't mind and I guess this conversation is completely pointless. Everyone will never be satisfied.
Who said I wanted to be loved by anyone here? Let alone everyone...
If I don't be a judge, then who is not satisfied?

Really? Now I know how you vote.

I'm not even a judge and I tested all the entries.

You realize anyone will be able to vote and pretty much only 5% of them will have tested the maps.

Also, if you just want a poll, go for it, I'm just saying that none of you deserve an award like that.
I just hope that the other judges will still judge the entries.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
You realize anyone will be able to vote and pretty much only 5% of them will have tested the maps.

Also, if you just want a poll, go for it, I'm just saying that none of you deserve an award like that.
I just hope that the other judges will still judge the entries.

Oh now I understand. I agree with you, judges need to be the people deciding the winner.

I thought people wanted a poll just for fun.

Level 17
How is there biased if you dont play with more then 4 people? where me cweener and ghost wont be playing with more then 2. I dont see how apocalypse is any more of a biased judge then the rest of us in your idea of biased. So either no one judges or you guys get your panties out of a knot. If you think about it we are being less biased by playing with a few people who r good friends, because an idiot in a game can ruin the fun factor making the judging biased for sure.

Level 10
People should have expected that the judges wouldn't be playing with 4 or more people because most people that don't play dota just play with friends >_>

I don't remember any maps that needed that many people except maybe the sheep one, but its possible to live for a really long time with 2 people if you just keep moving.

Single player maps might get a bit of an advantage but who really participates in these contests and wants to win that badly, I don't think this should really be a big issue. If its not played to its full potential life goes on. I find no judge biased if they play the maps by themselves instead of with a group of people.

Yes, it is seemingly prejudice because they are assuming some values in the criteria without the full extent of the map presented. However, we should have assumed that some judges might go loner and play single player.

ap0calypse makes a good point saying basically that a map that does not adjust to accommodated the amount of players cannot be ranked as fun as a map that is able to play with any number of friends. That goes both ways however as single player is less fun for those that enjoy playing maps with others more, and it comes down to the type of person the judge is. If their personality and who they are makes them biased then how can they have an opinion.

[/textwall]

So yeah lets make that poll.

Level 18
You should have asked me for some help. I had a working product of line-collision that would have been efficient enough for a mini-game. This allowed for relatively easy reflection of objects in motion off of walls/lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.