• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Contest: Wc3:WoW Terrain Competition {FINISHED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
-__________________-
looks like i'm out, cause it seem that the map got damaged, protected or whatever it's called and i dunno why :S

Damn, that really sucks :((( that Arathi Basin was looking AWESOME :wsad:

Edit: Although not fully finished, I will be trying to get my Stormwind Map as far as I can get it done before the deadline. Heres a screenshot. (heres a jpg, lemme know if it dont work and ill post the other one)

Another Edit...*sigh*: I tried putting up a jpg and a bmp, both wouldnt let me upload, any suggestions?

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
BUMP!

Ahem... mah third terrain will be based on this piece of crap:
wow-blackrock-mountain-1280x1024.jpg

If I manage to make it, I will consider myself awesome.

Level 34
I actually don't think it would be all that hard. A good challenge indeed, but doable. The hard parts would be the building and the left side. The chains shouldn't be hard due to chain models, the middle just use a large destructible rock because they are flat, and use the cave doodad.

Level 25
You could use the Dungeon tileset with Lava. Perhaps modify it to be a brighter color or something. I don't know, it's your choice.

I am pretty sure that there is a good animated lava doodad resource in the Hive's resources area. I'd link you it, but I just don't have time to find it myself right now.

Good luck with your terrain(s)!
~Craka_J

Level 34
I haven't. I just kinda gave up on my one terrain. It was pretty poor, and it got deleted by accident.

Level 34
Awesome job. You win.. because no one else finished. I will try and get some done tomorrow. Among other WC related things.

Level 8
Since I am unable to provide screenshots of my map, I'll post my map here. Sadly I was unable to fully finish. (I've been helping pack up for the move) Feel free to check it out.

The map is Stormwind City, just the front part. I created the exact names and some locations of the npcs of how they would normally look in Stormwind. I did not create the gate/wall stuff, downloaded them off Hive.

And to explain why there is a cinematic mode in the beginning, I found out when creating the statues in for Stormwind, if the camera wasnt placed over them when their animation is played / frozen, the statues will look like a T, and wont be frozen in their animations. Sorry for that, silly little bug. Thanks for all the people to take their time looking at the map!

Also, thanks VERY much to all the creators of the models I got off hive. :D

Doron / Gut_Chewer

Attachments

• Stormwind City BACKUP.w3x
    833.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 34
One or two more days??? Please?

Here is a WIP of my entrance to SW.

Attachments

• Stormwind (WIP1).jpg
    Stormwind (WIP1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Stormwind-lg.jpg
    Stormwind-lg.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 744
Level 25
A deadline is a deadline, and I plan to stick to it. All right now, I didn't bother making a table of critiques on each submition, but here is the table of what place each person got.
Name Place
Frostwhisper First Place!
Gilles Second Place!
Eleandor Third Place!
Serbianbeast Fourth Place!
Belgrath Fifth Place!
l0w_kwaliti Sixth Place!
Doron Seventh Place

Congradjulations to our new winners of this contest, and to the other contestants as well for putting up good competition. The top three winners will recieve their appropriate prizes soon!

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 34
It's true. Eleandor had some of the best stuff. He just didn't get far enough.

I'm gonna finish SW entrance.. I was enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.