• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MineralZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.(I'm russian) I play this map with 4 other players on garena. I like map concept. I select easy difficult and beginning was hard, but after 10 waves very easy, not dinamically. We rebuild base only 2 times - when air bombers attack, and when upgrade gidralisk attack - rebuild some blocks, and not other buildings. What changes on other difficulties? Dinamically rebuild base requires? We step to 22 wave and was boringly. I like maps its genre, where need rebuild base. The map is width, height, but base is small. Minerals come to an end slow. Other difficulties change this speed? And other - air bombers on death - destroy map rocks, we need to build many blocks on opened corridor. It's ok? Typically many blocks need to build? And when corridor is too big, we need to change dislocation - move to other base - to build small corridor? Or build normal at this place, build many blocks?
Player count change anything?

Game are set of selections (Sid Maier). In this map this set of selections is very small. As player, I recommend author to add gameplay selections, example: tree of upgrade each building, where each type is good in specific situation, specific monster, etc. Idea - give main builder weapon (with ability to change, upgrade, etc). May be I offer something else, when play more times.

As mapmaker I offer help.

Last edited:
Level 2
This day I played with 2 other players on easy mode. They are playing 1st time. We without difficult step to 30 wave, and on 30 was "sludge" - he kill us. He doubles with full health, and not damaging. How to kill it?

Level 2
Go play on garena. I played on russia td room. Can on international. My time is GMT+3. Can after 18-00 GMT this day. Can host, but 3-4 players only.

Level 2
Offer friendship in garena. My name is Alex_Hell. I can play any day, but after 18-00 moscow time= 14-00 GMT = 18-00 GMT+4 at this site. Can 13 Aug at example in 18-00 GMT+4, on europe rpg room N?? - first free room.
maddeem, welcome. I want play in hard difficult.. min = normal.

Level 2
maddeem, i think - formula what you write for enemy count:
waveBase * (Players / 4) + 1
not good
when 1 player, factor = 1.25
when 6 players, factor = 2.5
player count multiplies 6 >> resource count harvested mult 6 >> easy in 6 times
but enemy count only mult 2
when player count is big >> easy to play

i offer formula = waveBase * (Players + 1)
and recreate waveBase array (each level - enemy count base changes)

maddeem, i think - formula what you write for enemy count:
waveBase * (Players / 4) + 1
not good
when 1 player, factor = 1.25
when 6 players, factor = 2.5
player count multiplies 6 >> resource count harvested mult 6 >> easy in 6 times
but enemy count only mult 2
when player count is big >> easy to play

i offer formula = waveBase * (Players + 1)
and recreate waveBase array (each level - enemy count base changes)

Herp you got it wrong
It is
WaveBase*(Players/4 + 1)
soooo
if have 1 player you would get
30*(1/4 + 1)
30*1 1/4
so you would get 37 instead of default 30
sooo each player you have increases the amount of units spawned by a whole 25%

Level 2
Yes, each player increase monster count by 25%... but increase mineral production, build speed (2 players fast build than 1) by 100%.
If 6 players >> monster count increase by 100% than 1 player... but mineral production increase by 500%. In 5 times easy!

Yes, each player increase monster count by 25%... but increase mineral production, build speed (2 players fast build than 1) by 100%.
If 6 players >> monster count increase by 100% than 1 player... but mineral production increase by 500%. In 5 times easy!

You make a valid point...
Quite valid indeed... I'll see what I can do about this.

Level 11
You make a valid point...
Quite valid indeed... I'll see what I can do about this.

auctually there is more problem with the tents because if we are more than 3-4 the base will be full of Tents can you do something about it?.

Also you should increase the range of the gens and heals so they can be far from wall and near the wall should be the towers.

expanding? do you even tried the game on multiplayer to talk? or do you even know the game?

If i expand than i need 3-5 Walls also there is not space for 5 people to be in Base.

Then don't put 3-5 people in a base T.T

Also, when I create a base, I often take up a whole continent. But this of course takes a trained eye and a love for carving rocks :p
Often this can be accomplished with one wall, with a single zerg being able to attack your wall at once.
(until you get to boomers and higher scourge and such)

But by then you should of replaced natural walls with your buildable walls

Level 11
Then don't put 3-5 people in a base T.T

Also, when I create a base, I often take up a whole continent. But this of course takes a trained eye and a love for carving rocks :p
Often this can be accomplished with one wall, with a single zerg being able to attack your wall at once.
(until you get to boomers and higher scourge and such)

But by then you should of replaced natural walls with your buildable walls

But i dont understand why you dont want to increase healer and gen range? also why you cant do something like pet that will follow and you get items instead of making tents

Status
Not open for further replies.