• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MineralZ 1.55(f)

wip-png.353173

*Reworked nearly every system in the game to improve efficiency and reduce lag.

*Removed ALL waves and replaced them with new counter-parts. There are a total of 32 base wave-type units that have varying abilities. Each wave type is modular - allowing me to add/change/remove existing wave types with ease.

*Provided a large buff to the regenerators - double the range and healing but at double the price.

*Removed the ability for any zerg (minus wave 30 boss) to destroy the natural walls in the game.

*Many zerg can now burrow under your wall, jump over your wall, or fly over your wall.

*Reworked Thermal turrets to give them AOE atttacks and multiple attacks per second.

*Reworked Reaper turrets - they now gain damage and attack speed over time (visibly)

*Tesla tower chaining has been reverted back to the original style.

*Added docking port which currently features two air vessels. One that mines and another that attacks.

*Added Mineral Deposits - Large minerals with more life that can only be mined through "Destructive Mining" (Mining ship and Golem)

*Added energy shields as a wall tier option

*Added solar panels as a power generator option

*Added a bunker building

*Reworked the sentry tower

*Added a "Holographic display" that shows what the next wave will be.

*Added/changed a bunch of icons and special effects / sounds.

*Changed Font
*Added a playable zerg slot called "Host" - currently WIP and not quite ready for playing yet. Slot is
filled by a computer but can be filled by a player for testing purposes.

*Added the Artillery canon - a tower that fires at the cost of Rubinite.

*Added Seismic tower - AOE damage with a slow.

*All turrets are constructed by first building the foundation called a turret base. After that is built, it can be upgraded to any turret type. This foundation effectively raises all turrets off the ground.

*Factories no longer require any energy.

*Minerals now have quality. Higher quality = more life and regeneration.

*Reworked terrain generation

*Reworked Zerg AI
For 1.5(a):

Fixed bugs.
For 1.5(c):

Fixed bugs. Wave types are fixed, terrain generation fixed.
For 1.5(c)(1):

Fixed saving (-save).
For 1.51:

Fixed numerous bugs, added wave 40 boss, added new start, victory and defeat sounds. Added various icons for upgrades. Changed how mineral quality affects mining... And much more.
For 1.52:

*Added batteries: Branch off from Generators. Mobile power generation structure that directly uses diamonite to provide energy.
*Easy mode has a longer day 1, higher mineral quality.
*Various balance tweeks: Wave 20 boss has less AOE on his attacks and drains less mana.
*New icons for various upgrades and structures
*Fixed Magnet towers
*Added victory / defeat music
*Increased base find time to 25 seconds
*Miners can now see over most temple blocks
*Fixed multiplayer desyncs due to blizzard patch
*Fixed various bugs
For 1.52(a):

*Minerals now have a visual quality indicator

*Added Wraith Vessel
^- Purely offensive ship used to combat the zerg, costs 200/200/200/200. Deals significant AOE damage.

*Added Crystal Stabalizer
^- A [Tier 2] branch off from the regenerator. Capable of healing minerals at a slow rate without power and at a quick rate with power.

*Minerals Average and below do NOT regenerate over time anymore

*Moved all flight upgrades to the Docking Port

*Added the upgrade Microfusion Cores
^- Provides ships with passive energy regeneration for sustained flights.

*Added the upgrade Upgraded Firepower
^- A 5 Level upgrade that increases the damage of all your flight vessels.

*Fixed Battery [Tier 5] Bug

*Default regenerators no longer heal minerals

*The countdown before miners spawn has been reduced to 5 seconds. Players no longer have vision during this time. Increased day 0 time to compensate (Easy: 300 Seconds, Normal+: 200 Seconds).

*You can now only build 1 house

*Added Beacon Structure
^- Unlocked after building a house. Structure with 1x1 Placement that allows your to return minerals. Max of 10 beacons per player.

*Zerg now have a 1 in 10 chance to drop genetic material which provide a random number of minerals when picked up(Between 1 and the current wave number.)

*Added Feclid Wall [Tier 11], costs 2000/0/0/0 with 21k HP and 20 HP/S

*Droid now costs 15/15/15/15 instead of 5 credits. You still need the research Droid AI to build more than 1 droid.

*Droid AI costs changed to a static 5 credits per level.

*Spiked Walls upgrade changed to static 1 credit per level.

*Fixed a bug with Kabraxis causing him to burrow at the wrong times.

*Removed immolation from all thermal turrets.

*[Tier 5] Thermal Turrets and above have an increased AOE from 300 to 512.

*Zerg Nydus Worm HP has been reduced by 66%

*Added Zerg Ultralisk. Spawns after wave 20, deal AOE damage (192 AOE), and has 50 armor. Base HP 650, gains 150 per wave number.

*Fixed saving of the furthest wave reached.
For 1.52(b):

*Nerf to battery: max power of all batteries reduced by 25%

*Reduce energy cost of seismic towers: [Tier 1] - 10, [Tier 2] - 15

*Added [Tier 3] Subsonic Seismic Tower: Cost 120/120/120/120, AOE 1024, DMG 450, ENERGY 20

*Added [Tier 4] Supersonic Seismic Tower: Cost 300/300/300/300, AOE 1200, DMG 1000, ENERGY 30

*Added [Tier 8] Syonic Fusion Turret: Cost 0/120/0/120, Range 700, DMG 275, ATK SPD 0.7

*Fixed boss AI where they would not path properly

*Added Wave 50 Boss
^- Khahrahk the Scarlet King

*Bosses now gain 5% damage per attack (multiplicative)

*[Tier 8] Syonic Inferno Turret base HP increased from 200 to 800

*[Tier 4] Bionic Rocket Turret base HP increased from 300 to 500

*Wave 40 Boss Xoviks the Vile poison potion attack increased from 1 time per second to 4 per second

*Nerf to walls: All walls now have 1 armor per tier (Max of 11 at the moment at Feclid wall)

*Turret Base height decreased by 96

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Inferno Turret: Cost 0/0/0/500, AOE 512, DMG 475, ENERGY PER ATTACK 7, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Fixed Vessels not dying without power bug

*Fixed anti-air turret AI

*Removed human borders for high resolution
*Added [Tier 5] Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/300/300, RANGE 1200, DMG 350, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.25, MAX TARGETS: 3

*Added [Tier 6] Superior Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/800/800, RANGE 1500, DMG 800, ENERGY PER ATTACK 15, ATTACK SPEED 0.20, MAX TARGETS: 5

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Fusion Generator: Cost 0/500/0/0, RANGE 900, ENERGY PER SECOND 50, ENERGY REGEN: 65, MAX ENERGY 700

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Fusion Turret: Cost 0/300/0/300, Range 900, DMG 750, ATK SPD 0.65

*Added [Tier 10] Hellfire Turret: Cost 0/0/0/1200, AOE 512, RANGE 1200, DMG 450, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Normal Mode now goes to wave 40

*Hard and above go to wave 50

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Regenerator: Cost 300/0/300/0, RANGE 1500, HEAL PER SECOND: 90

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Regenerator: Cost: 800/0/800/0, RANGE 1600, HEAL PER SECOND: 300

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Fusion Generator: Cost 0/1200/0/0, RANGE 1000, ENERGY PER SECOND 150, ENERGY REGEN: 200, MAX ENERGY 1500

*Nerf to droids, they no longer receive any bonus or penalty from mineral quality(edited)

*Max number of droids through the Tech Droid AI nerfed from 4 to 2. You can have a max of 3 droids versus 5 now.

*Credit Tech Diplomacy cost changed from 6 credits to 2(edited)

*Hard difficulty is now 50% harder, Nightmare is 100% harder, Hell is now 200% harder then previously.

*Code wipe
For 1.53:

*Removed voting for difficulty. The player closest to red (lowest player number) chooses the difficulty.

*Slightly nerfed Microfusion Cores Upgrade in terms of passive energy regeneration. Fixed the cost.

*Special spawns (Corpse, Temple and Mount) have been given a 10% chance individually to spawn.

*Increased Reaper Turrets attack speed by 100%

*Added warning for low powered vessels

*Zerg can now attack vessels

*Minerals, when destroyed, give an extra 50-200 minerals

*All tiers of Crystal Stabalizer now cost 10x as much minerals.

*Nerfed Regenerative Remedy - reduces damage to minerals by 25% versus 80%.

*Fixed wave 50 boss

*Tesla towers:
T1: DMG 50, Cost 85/0/0/85
T2: DMG 90, Cost 153/0/0/153
T3 DMG 162, Cost 275/0/0/275
T4 DMG 291, Cost 495/0/0/495
T5 DMG 524, Cost 892/0/0/892
*Thermal Turrets:
DMG S/ D/ E/ R
Tier 1 15 0 0 0 22
Tier 2 30 0 0 0 45
Tier 3 60 0 0 0 90
Tier 4 120 0 0 0 180
Tier 5 240 0 0 0 360
Tier 6 480 0 0 0 720
Tier 7 960 0 0 0 1440
Tier 8 1920 0 0 0 2880
Tier 9 3840 0 0 0 5760
Tier 10 7680 0 0 0 11520

*A small text box will appear when selecting ally structures, showing their current resources

*"Improvement" of Temple generation. Now uses 12x12 prefabs during the loading screen, and then fills in the rest of the temple with the usual generation. In-game load time reduced greatly.

*Size of Temple was reduced by 4x4

*Added "-angle ###" command to change angle of attack

*Added Warcries for each boss

*Exploding zerg deal significantly more damage

*Fixed minerals spawning on top of and beyond arena walls

*Added two new tiers to the Reaper Turret. Reaper turret base attack speed increased by 1 attack per
second. Attack speed gain halved to compensate.

*Added skip cinematic option for "player host"

*Fixed Artillery Cannons

*Added 3 new tiers to the Artillery Cannon

*Added new credit upgrade: Duplicating Rounds - Allows the Artillery Cannon to have a 50% chance of creating a new round at no cost. Costs 10 credits
For 1.53(a):

*Fixed various bugs.

*Added wave 60 boss
For 1.54:

*Reworked the entire harvesting system
*Reworked the OnAttack system to be far more efficient
*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Reworked the Tesla Coil chaining to be far more efficient

*Reworked the Zerg AI to remove stutter steps

*Increased max wave spawn to 75 units at one time(edited)

*Changed the gem quality names Impeccable> Exquisite> Flawless> Fair

*Fixed Diamonite Mining upgrade tooltips

*Fixed Building names bug

*Fixed Zerg causing lag at later waves

*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Fixed wave 10 boss and improved zerg AI

MineralZ is SIGNIFICANTLY less laggy. I had to rewrite some major systems, but the end result was well worth it. Enjoy!

For 1.54a:
*Fixed the fatal crash bug thanks to gondarwars! Implemented various other bug fixes.

For 1.54b:
*Major bug fixes.

For 1.54c:
*Minor bug fixes.

For 1.55:
* Fixed Desync(s).
* Refactored a lot of GUI into vJass for perforamce improvements.
* Auto loading is now implemented. You'll have to load your code manually just once, then it will automatically detect it in later games.

For 1.55(b):
*Fixed more desyncs.
*Fixed the auto loading and saving.

For 1.55(c):
* Fixed varius tech tree requirements.
* Fixed energy issue(s) with various towers
* Fixed building naming issues when cancelling an upgrade
* Regular towers can no longer target burrowed units. Seismic towers can target visisble burrowed units.
* Vessels can no longer be targeted by most zerg. However, all bosses can still attack vessels.
* Mineral deposits now yield x12 the regular mining amount, but take 10 times as long to mine.
* Waygates are no longer targeted directly by zerg, giving players more creative freedom with zerg destruction.
* Slightly buffed all fusion turret damage
* Added two tiers to tesla towers, a new wall tier, a new barrier tier and a new BFC tier.

For 1.55(d):
* Possibly fixed the saving and loading of codes by making the system significantly more robust. ( Checks for multiple load files and player names. It will also attempt to check codes without the battlenet handle id of the player for future compatibility)

For 1.55(d)(1):
*Fixed desync bug introduced in version 1.55(d).
*The save code being used will be displayed at the start of the game.

For 1.55(e):
*Improved the mineral model
*Fixed bugs
*Terrain Generation is lightly more chaotic
Contents

MineralZ 1.55(f) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 20:56:33 Comment: [Approved] Give "Collect Mineralz" a passive icon Add a newbie quest with all the important info Resource Moderation - Rules
A little update. I will be introducing a fifth mineral type. I am currently writing the map script with all the code translated and in place before I make the first update. I don't want to waste time with half-updates so I'll hold off until most of the accepted planned changes, if not all, are implemented.Edit: This is what the upkeep tooltip will become, always open to suggestions. I created the background and border myself.
161106-albums6511-picture90898.png

Last edited:
Level 2
How to get bio-engineering? quite easy either get the recommand ranks to auto unlock it or

find out the reason "why the gollum <-- has a inventory!!"

Level 1
In a Previous post it was said you could get the rank of demi god by beating fun mode 20 times which you get by closing brown but i haven't found a way to close brown, is it a command in the game or?

And second question after geting the temple gaurdian and building the bioengineering bay building do they actually do anything without having the ranks of demigod, goddess or god?

Last edited:
News

I dropped out of the contest and will devote all of my Warcraft III time to converting and updating this map. Below is a very rough and quick outline of my planned progress.
  1. Terrain I will be implementing my terrain generator (which is the best dynamic terrain generator for Warcraft III, ever [feel free to prove me wrong]) which will make small hills and density based rock placement. This will make continuous caverns of rock and rubble. The middle of the map will be occupied by the temple. This temple will be generated before the outside caverns and will probably use a tile based algorithm (Wang Tiles). Mineral nodes will be given a large redo. This will make them generate in vein like patterns and will reduce the number of minerals that can be mined from the map. While a vein will have a fair number of minerals it will still be wise to device a back-up camp for more (an expansion town in melee terms). Mineral nodes will spawn less jumbled up, meaning that to harvest two or more mineral types you will probably have a larger (or multiple) base(s). This makes teamwork and trading more important. I am very uncertain if I want to add any water, and probably won't.
  2. Mineral systems This includes the mining, returning, spending, and refunding of all five mineral types. This will present as much difficulty and consume as much time as the terrain generator will.
  3. Buildings Multi-tiered buildings will no longer have differing names, only a tier number. This will make it easier, and less obnoxious, to make more tiers for a building without creating odd names like 'Stryonic'. I will also reduce the number of tiers for certain buildings, especially walls. This will be done in attempts to remove micromanaging of dozens of buildings during the upgrade phase of a base. A change to automagical mineral factories will be that they don't consume any of the minerals of the vein it is built upon. However, only one factory can be placed on a vein. It will produce more minerals if the vein is larger, and less if it is smaller.
  4. Units Zerg will be completely redone. They will be classified into several wave types and all balanced in power with each other. Zerg waves will scale their difficulty with the wave number. This means that infected marines on wave 2 should be just as easy to beat as hydralisks on wave 2. This also means that infected marines will be harder on wave 3 than they are on wave 2.
  5. Extra Bits After the core systems are in place and the map runs almost exactly where Maddeem left off (even if it is a version or two behind of current) then I will add new features such as Achievements, and implement minor features such as the intro cinematic.
Thank you for your patients and understanding. I had a fairly busy end of 2014 (also why I had to drop from the contest).

Level 4
In a Previous post it was said you could get the rank of demi god by beating fun mode 20 times which you get by closing brown but i haven't found a way to close brown, is it a command in the game or?

And second question after geting the temple gaurdian and building the bioengineering bay building do they actually do anything without having the ranks of demigod, goddess or god?

You must be playing online on Battle.net or Garena and through a host bot like ENT, BGN or MMH. Just type !open 12

I love MineralZ but getting God rank is simply ludicrous, I wouldn't even bother cracking the map for it with how unrealistic it is to get. Destroyer in my opinion is the sweet spot as of current version.

P.S. Wolfy I'd like to do your spell checks and inquire as to what the 'fifth' mineral is. ;3

So far it's Sapphirium, Diamondite, Emnizium and Rubinite. You mentioned 'water' as a fifth possibly.. maybe the fifth resource could be 'Zerg Tissue' or something. It'd be pretty good if some of the Zerg actually dropped something, like a corpse which you can harvest for research purposes.

I mean.. it'd make sense to me. Instead of just shoving crystal into unique upgrades, 'Zerg Tissue' would be tested for vulnerabilities in something like a 'Laboratory' or whatever.

Might be difficult to regulate, though it's just an idea.. even distribution of Zerg towards players varied by travel distance(?) would kick it off nicely I'd imagine.

Oh one more thing, if you're considering of making an Alpha or Beta, I'd love to test it with you sometime. I hope we don't have a code wipe, if so.. can we keep codes for 'Slayer' and below for the honest guys? :'x

Progress Picture - Terrain

To address Darnassus; There will be a new mineral type added. The zerg tissue idea sounds interesting, I'll have to think on it, and if anything it'll be added after the next version. Unfortunately a code wipe will happen for two reasons. The first is that I'll implement my own save/load system that should make for shorter saves per saved data. The second is that the save will contain more than just your credits and night progress. The overall length might not change. I will gladly post a greek-letter-version in a post here once I get one going.And on to the real reason as to why I posted this time; I have a progress screenshot showing the alpha version of the new terrain generator! It doesn't have rocks on it yet, and the terrain tile types are so wildly varied to show the different parts. The final product will contain less random tile types, and rocks.

Attachments

• MineralZ 2 - Terrain Test; Crags.jpg
    MineralZ 2 - Terrain Test; Crags.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 210
Be careful with those terrain deformations, they are notorious for desynchronizing players.

Btw there is no "God" rank XP

It goes Mighty>Slayer>Destroyer>Demigod>Almighty

Too bad the last two are impossible to get. I should have added checks to deny players with broken credits or "Nights Survived"

Also in regards to current development, I feel that terrain height would make finding a suitable based even more difficult; furthermore height variation seems a bit unnecessary due to the whole setting being underground. However I'd like to see what you do with this.

Last edited:
I seem to be the only one to use terrain deformations without causing a single desync. It's the same generator Infection uses. I'm still working on it, I don't want it to be a huge height change, but I want it to be there.EditChanged how crags are generated, making them form in more circular shapes rather than long strips.

Last edited:
Level 4
Be careful with those terrain deformations, they are notorious for desynchronizing players.

Btw there is no "God" rank XP

It goes Mighty>Slayer>Destroyer>Demigod>Almighty

Too bad the last two are impossible to get. I should have added checks to deny players with broken credits or "Nights Survived"

Also in regards to current development, I feel that terrain height would make finding a suitable based even more difficult; furthermore height variation seems a bit unnecessary due to the whole setting being underground. However I'd like to see what you do with this.

Improbable* because I've seen people with the Demigod rank (yes I know). Almighty? I wonder what the condition for THAT is.. ':f

WOLFY I HAVE AN IDEA :3

Would it be possible to make some sort of custom building, like a cage device which grabs a (ground only for now?) Zerg off of the floor and puts it into confinement for research purposes? Of course it has like... a cooldown of 1 minute or once per wave.

With the Zerg in the cage you could perhaps do more testing things like discovering more weaknesses when Zerg Tissue isn't sufficient anymore. (This one is far fetched, I realise.)

By the way, with Tissue, I've been thinking if it should be a tradable resource or not. Players double basing might have difficulty sharing the stuff? Maybe be able to turn the tower on and off? Not sure.

Also.. a tower, a crystal tower!

Basically it's a tower that fires your very own resource, you pay for ammo and it fires shards. Could be the most powerful tower in the game, yet you must load it every say.. 20 shots costing 500 of each crystal. Like a super Anti-Boss tower which is expensive to run.. basically not worth using on lower Zerg. ;x

Level 1
Hello, I have been playing this game around 3 years now and I play it alone, and sometimes with my cousin since I dont have battlenet. Can anyone tell me a good server to play it on with many people, I cant seem to make it past night 60 alone... :( or at least can someone one here play it with me on Gameranger my user name is [x-47b]Kitsune.

Hello, I have been playing this game around 3 years now and I play it alone, and sometimes with my cousin since I dont have battlenet. Can anyone tell me a good server to play it on with many people, I cant seem to make it past night 60 alone... :( or at least can someone one here play it with me on Gameranger my user name is [x-47b]Kitsune.

3 Years? holy gods
I can play with ya on Hamachi some time if you'd like :p
Or I can try gameranger, never had though

Level 4

You could try eurobattle.net, it's almost like battle.net.

Level 1
Actually now that I think about it, it's been more like 4 years since I started playing Mineralz but started with the StarCraft one, this one like 3 years. Also tried eurobattle.net yestrerday but there arent many players. I tried hosting with lagbot but noone really joined... my name in eurobattle is also [x-47b]Kitsune. I was wondering if somehow the game could get some music like it used to have back in earlier versions, it was the Resident Evil theme song I think.

Last edited:
Level 3
sorry no pipebomb, prefered to let every games' abusive glitches remains. (P.S its this version)
i'm here to ask if my gameranger save code will work on another warcraft platform if i use the same Username, thx.

pls also nerf night 30's regenerating tentacle clone plz it takes too long for a noob like me to kill it even if its +EASY+ mode and gameranger would auto-kick player at the 60-120 minute of the game. as i could hardly believe even when i abused le glitch with a shietload of towers (10 reaper, 6 tesla, 3 magnet, 9 inferno) for any other player to kill it that easily. Maybe i lack credits, but anyway, its clone would also REPLACE the tentacles between rocks and eventually into the base.

Last edited:
sorry no pipebomb, prefered to let every games' abusive glitches remains. (P.S its this version)
i'm here to ask if my gameranger save code will work on another warcraft platform if i use the same Username, thx.

pls also nerf night 30's regenerating tentacle clone plz it takes too long for a noob like me to kill it even if its +EASY+ mode and gameranger would auto-kick player at the 60-120 minute of the game. as i could hardly believe even when i abused le glitch with a shietload of towers (10 reaper, 6 tesla, 3 magnet, 9 inferno) for any other player to kill it that easily. Maybe i lack credits, but anyway, its clone would also REPLACE the tentacles between rocks and eventually into the base.

I find it very unlikely that minerals duping exists; tentacles don't "clone?" What are you referring to?
Without "duping" by wave 30 having that many turrets is normal. (If not more)

None of this at all really matters though as a new version is coming.

Level 1
Night 30

I know what you are talking about Seth, I'm not really sure about this but I think that monster clones itself everytime it touches something with power like any tower or structure except walls. What I usually do to kill that thing and let me remind I play alone :(, is cram up alot of towers all in a small corner. That monster cant jump more that 5 squares so just try to build a line of wall, then a tower then a regenerator then a power source thing dont know its name, then another red tower or a reaper and finally a turret to knock out air units. Follow this pattern for like 8 wall squares and that should get you past wave 30 playing alone and on hard mode. I'm not even sure if you understood that,maybe we should play on GR sometime so I can show you, name is [x-47b]Kitsune. Also about the credits yes you can use them on any server as long as you have the same name you used.

Level 3
hi, i decided to play Local solo for credits in Hard mode with Kailo, but the night 40 boss ate 2/3 of my base's rockets like illuminati

Last edited:
Level 3
sure, it doesn't exist kek...
http://postmyimage.com/img2/216_TheUltimateJuke.png
Local Hell Mode: this is how you use blackhole, and clear the small ones, build the other 3/4 quarter of the map, and connect all 4 of them with waygate. sadly, my system can't handle that way, so i guess its not worth doing so.
(Shiets... were never this serious...)

anyway, I oughta found the dps increasingly worrying as stages goes by, so heres a guide if theres none of the main forum yet:
U-formation turret design, build a U shape layout of walls, with turrets by the side, and cover the turrets as well. build walls on both vertical/horizontal end of the U layout, use Open/Close to lure and trap all the incoming waves, you get 8 side turret attack, maximum dps. (for land units of course)
NOTE: make the U layout as DEEP as possible and aid it with Seismic Obelisk

if luck aids, i'll update some example in the next nightmarishly long hours - -'
edit: unfortunately, every alt+tab would make warcraft runs slower, so i'll be dropping this plan :x

Last edited:
Local Hell Mode: this is how you use blackhole, and clear the small ones, build the other 3/4 quarter of the map, and connect all 4 of them with waygate. sadly, my system can't handle that way, so i guess its not worth doing so.

anyway, I oughta found the dps increasingly worrying as stages goes by, so heres a guide if theres none of the main forum yet:
U-formation turret design, build a U shape layout of walls, with turrets by the side, and cover the turrets as well. build walls on both vertical/horizontal end of the U layout, use Open/Close to lure and trap all the incoming waves, you get 8 side turret attack, maximum dps. (for land units of course)

if luck aids, i'll update some example in the next nightmarishly long hours - -'
edit: unfortunately, every alt+tab would make warcraft runs slower, so i'll be dropping this plan :x

The only exploit there is that the black hole can pull bosses :3 how silly of me not to fix this. I'm glad there are no real exploits with minerals duping. As for the open and closing into a massive amount of towers; that is a wonderful idea.

Level 3
anytime, i'm just a loophole discoverer, i exploit stuff and started to think even that blackhole thing is a normal thing... i did not know you'd took it seriously xD.

P.S: someone oughta nerf the charge distance of boss night 50 so it doesnt stuck its head between the rocks, its like a half-match
time-out rest for Hell mode ....

Last edited:
Level 1
Exploit

So I was wondering about building a wall on night 10 and letting the boss hit the wall endlessly while I farm up lots of mineralz. Wouldnt that be like some kind of exploit? I think maybe putting a 10 minute time for the boss and after that it will die from night 10 and 20 would be better. Night 30 could be the same, an endless night until the boss is dead but night 10 and 20 should really have a timer of 10 minutes, otherwise it's an exploit to just put up a wall and mine like crazy for future nights.

Level 4
I find it very unlikely that minerals duping exists; tentacles don't "clone?" What are you referring to?
Without "duping" by wave 30 having that many turrets is normal. (If not more)

None of this at all really matters though as a new version is coming.

Basically he's trying to tell us he's a noob vs Momma Sludge.

Level 1

Can u up a picture how to you build tower, night 30 is so hard to me :(

Level 3
Can u up a picture how to you build tower, night 30 is so hard to me :(

umm no... you gotta look for* the boss's original form (none-illusion), it STAYS at 1 spot and NEVER/HARDLY moves, when it recast illusion, red magic circle/raining effect forms around it. use your tower to right click the boss, controlling the attack and focussing on the real one. if you don't, all your power will gradually reach depletion. aand if you leave spaces between your buildings, illusion gets in and slowly eat away your tower. YOU WILL NEED TO: utilise opening/closing of walls AFTER you have build 6-20 layers long of Ionic Wall (Tier 9) as to fill back in the holes they've made. (fastening building progression research is vital for this action)

Last edited:
Level 1
I know this has probably been asked before, and I feel like an idiot for not being able to find it, but what exactly is the Bioengineering bay? I've looked around a lot and I can't seem to find the Biomechanical Hybrid requirement anywhere? Has this even been implemented yet?

I noticed that in the Current bugs on the front page it says that the bioengineering bay had an unbuildable bug, but it also says that it works properly. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
The map script has a rather interesting bug of not running the main function, resulting in nothing on the map and a camera size of 0. Tracking down the error is rather difficult as it has to be done manually. Maddeem is also working on a patch of sorts and will either give it to me to upload, or simply post it in this thread. A rewrite of the entire map takes time, thankfully the current version is complete and playable. Yes I have been working on it.

I know this has probably been asked before, and I feel like an idiot for not being able to find it, but what exactly is the Bioengineering bay? I've looked around a lot and I can't seem to find the Biomechanical Hybrid requirement anywhere? Has this even been implemented yet?

I noticed that in the Current bugs on the front page it says that the bioengineering bay had an unbuildable bug, but it also says that it works properly. Am I missing something?

You must get the large robot and have it use an egg for the hybrid :p
Unfortunately the bio bay doesn't do anything atm. As a matter of fact it will never do anything because the 1.3 version was lost and I doubt it will be implemented again.

I have been working on a version in the meantime for those of you who really want an update, while my friend here works on a totally redesigned MineralZ.
bum%2Bbum%2Bbum.jpg

Speaking of which if any of you have an idea or concept you'd like to see in MineralZ feel free to post here. (You just might see it be added to the game :p )

Last edited:
Level 4
Maddy you need to make backups of your old unprotected stuff y'know. >;c

1YdW7WO.png

YES I have a suggestion. Make lamps not change the colors of minerals. Somehow retain the mineral's color to make them easier to identify. When you have a level 3 lamp, they're all basically blue.

Last edited:
Maddy you need to make backups of your old unprotected stuff y'know. >;c

1YdW7WO.png

YES I have a suggestion. Make lamps not change the colors of minerals. Somehow retain the mineral's color to make them easier to identify. When you have a level 3 lamp, they're all basically blue.

That is actually impossible :/
However I'll have the last lamp tier emit white light as to not conflict with the mineral colors.

Also: Testers needed :3

Level 4
That is actually impossible :/
However I'll have the last lamp tier emit white light as to not conflict with the mineral colors.

Also: Testers needed :3

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE loyal since day 1. PM me if you're interested in bringing me on board for tests.

Just to update everyone a bit on the progress of 1.4:
All zerg units have been removed and reworked
(n/a = no abilities)
(~ = part of previous wave)
(Not exactly in order)
Larva - n/a
Zergling - n/a
Tunneling - x4 damage to structures
Mature Larva - If idle the larva will mutate into an egg and after some time a hungry zergling will hatch
~Hungry Zergling - 100% life steal against buildings
Burrowling - If idle or stuck will burrow under the ground and attack a nearby structure causing it to unburrow
Scourge - Deals acidic damage (reduces regeneration of buildings by 50%), explosive, on death dealing 15% of life to nearby enemy units/structures
Infested: Miner - Will run around your base as an ally, when visible will ask say something prompted such as, "Let me in!" or "I don't feel so good" after a few seconds either explodes and two Large Burrowlings pop out of him or he turns infested and starts attacking your base.
~Large Burrowling - Same as the other, but bigger and more damage
Starving Zergling - 100% life steal against buildings
~ Consumer - Seeks out tech buildings and attaches itself to the structure. Upon attachment steals 1 of every mineral per second. Has a chance to lay eggs around the building that hatch into larva
Hydralisk - Ranged attack
Kabraxis *Boss* - Ranged attack. Upon spawning the temple becomes much darker, when he nears a base the lamps stop providing light. The only way to see him is with your miner, and if you cant see him he can burrow under your walls and annihilate your base from the inside out.

Terrain generation rework along with Diamonite being white instead of teal.
illuminati.jpg

All turrets have been placed in a "Turret Base"/Foundation to free up the build menu.
MineralZ5.jpg

Build menu rework along with a factory rework
MineralZ6.jpg

Changes have been made to the opening cinematic
...And much more!

Level 4
Illuminati confirmed.

What's the build time of the building bases? And will build queueing be possible? (AKA Shift + Click placing )

I really enjoy this, I hated how I had to spend time building a Mind Control tower.. now it can build slowly without me being there so I can do more important stuff. I've always wanted to suggest such a thing but I thought spending time on buildings was what made you choose how to manage your time.

Are mushrooms destructible? They look worrying.

Will we keep our codes?

I see a Meat Wagon.

Kabraxis OP

Dang.
Nice updates, I'll be sure to integrate the new data and features into the rewrite.

Mr. Woof, how is your map goings? ;x

Last edited: