• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MineralZ 1.55(f)

wip-png.353173

*Reworked nearly every system in the game to improve efficiency and reduce lag.

*Removed ALL waves and replaced them with new counter-parts. There are a total of 32 base wave-type units that have varying abilities. Each wave type is modular - allowing me to add/change/remove existing wave types with ease.

*Provided a large buff to the regenerators - double the range and healing but at double the price.

*Removed the ability for any zerg (minus wave 30 boss) to destroy the natural walls in the game.

*Many zerg can now burrow under your wall, jump over your wall, or fly over your wall.

*Reworked Thermal turrets to give them AOE atttacks and multiple attacks per second.

*Reworked Reaper turrets - they now gain damage and attack speed over time (visibly)

*Tesla tower chaining has been reverted back to the original style.

*Added docking port which currently features two air vessels. One that mines and another that attacks.

*Added Mineral Deposits - Large minerals with more life that can only be mined through "Destructive Mining" (Mining ship and Golem)

*Added energy shields as a wall tier option

*Added solar panels as a power generator option

*Added a bunker building

*Reworked the sentry tower

*Added a "Holographic display" that shows what the next wave will be.

*Added/changed a bunch of icons and special effects / sounds.

*Changed Font
*Added a playable zerg slot called "Host" - currently WIP and not quite ready for playing yet. Slot is
filled by a computer but can be filled by a player for testing purposes.

*Added the Artillery canon - a tower that fires at the cost of Rubinite.

*Added Seismic tower - AOE damage with a slow.

*All turrets are constructed by first building the foundation called a turret base. After that is built, it can be upgraded to any turret type. This foundation effectively raises all turrets off the ground.

*Factories no longer require any energy.

*Minerals now have quality. Higher quality = more life and regeneration.

*Reworked terrain generation

*Reworked Zerg AI
For 1.5(a):

Fixed bugs.
For 1.5(c):

Fixed bugs. Wave types are fixed, terrain generation fixed.
For 1.5(c)(1):

Fixed saving (-save).
For 1.51:

Fixed numerous bugs, added wave 40 boss, added new start, victory and defeat sounds. Added various icons for upgrades. Changed how mineral quality affects mining... And much more.
For 1.52:

*Added batteries: Branch off from Generators. Mobile power generation structure that directly uses diamonite to provide energy.
*Easy mode has a longer day 1, higher mineral quality.
*Various balance tweeks: Wave 20 boss has less AOE on his attacks and drains less mana.
*New icons for various upgrades and structures
*Fixed Magnet towers
*Added victory / defeat music
*Increased base find time to 25 seconds
*Miners can now see over most temple blocks
*Fixed multiplayer desyncs due to blizzard patch
*Fixed various bugs
For 1.52(a):

*Minerals now have a visual quality indicator

*Added Wraith Vessel
^- Purely offensive ship used to combat the zerg, costs 200/200/200/200. Deals significant AOE damage.

*Added Crystal Stabalizer
^- A [Tier 2] branch off from the regenerator. Capable of healing minerals at a slow rate without power and at a quick rate with power.

*Minerals Average and below do NOT regenerate over time anymore

*Moved all flight upgrades to the Docking Port

*Added the upgrade Microfusion Cores
^- Provides ships with passive energy regeneration for sustained flights.

*Added the upgrade Upgraded Firepower
^- A 5 Level upgrade that increases the damage of all your flight vessels.

*Fixed Battery [Tier 5] Bug

*Default regenerators no longer heal minerals

*The countdown before miners spawn has been reduced to 5 seconds. Players no longer have vision during this time. Increased day 0 time to compensate (Easy: 300 Seconds, Normal+: 200 Seconds).

*You can now only build 1 house

*Added Beacon Structure
^- Unlocked after building a house. Structure with 1x1 Placement that allows your to return minerals. Max of 10 beacons per player.

*Zerg now have a 1 in 10 chance to drop genetic material which provide a random number of minerals when picked up(Between 1 and the current wave number.)

*Added Feclid Wall [Tier 11], costs 2000/0/0/0 with 21k HP and 20 HP/S

*Droid now costs 15/15/15/15 instead of 5 credits. You still need the research Droid AI to build more than 1 droid.

*Droid AI costs changed to a static 5 credits per level.

*Spiked Walls upgrade changed to static 1 credit per level.

*Fixed a bug with Kabraxis causing him to burrow at the wrong times.

*Removed immolation from all thermal turrets.

*[Tier 5] Thermal Turrets and above have an increased AOE from 300 to 512.

*Zerg Nydus Worm HP has been reduced by 66%

*Added Zerg Ultralisk. Spawns after wave 20, deal AOE damage (192 AOE), and has 50 armor. Base HP 650, gains 150 per wave number.

*Fixed saving of the furthest wave reached.
For 1.52(b):

*Nerf to battery: max power of all batteries reduced by 25%

*Reduce energy cost of seismic towers: [Tier 1] - 10, [Tier 2] - 15

*Added [Tier 3] Subsonic Seismic Tower: Cost 120/120/120/120, AOE 1024, DMG 450, ENERGY 20

*Added [Tier 4] Supersonic Seismic Tower: Cost 300/300/300/300, AOE 1200, DMG 1000, ENERGY 30

*Added [Tier 8] Syonic Fusion Turret: Cost 0/120/0/120, Range 700, DMG 275, ATK SPD 0.7

*Fixed boss AI where they would not path properly

*Added Wave 50 Boss
^- Khahrahk the Scarlet King

*Bosses now gain 5% damage per attack (multiplicative)

*[Tier 8] Syonic Inferno Turret base HP increased from 200 to 800

*[Tier 4] Bionic Rocket Turret base HP increased from 300 to 500

*Wave 40 Boss Xoviks the Vile poison potion attack increased from 1 time per second to 4 per second

*Nerf to walls: All walls now have 1 armor per tier (Max of 11 at the moment at Feclid wall)

*Turret Base height decreased by 96

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Inferno Turret: Cost 0/0/0/500, AOE 512, DMG 475, ENERGY PER ATTACK 7, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Fixed Vessels not dying without power bug

*Fixed anti-air turret AI

*Removed human borders for high resolution
*Added [Tier 5] Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/300/300, RANGE 1200, DMG 350, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.25, MAX TARGETS: 3

*Added [Tier 6] Superior Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/800/800, RANGE 1500, DMG 800, ENERGY PER ATTACK 15, ATTACK SPEED 0.20, MAX TARGETS: 5

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Fusion Generator: Cost 0/500/0/0, RANGE 900, ENERGY PER SECOND 50, ENERGY REGEN: 65, MAX ENERGY 700

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Fusion Turret: Cost 0/300/0/300, Range 900, DMG 750, ATK SPD 0.65

*Added [Tier 10] Hellfire Turret: Cost 0/0/0/1200, AOE 512, RANGE 1200, DMG 450, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Normal Mode now goes to wave 40

*Hard and above go to wave 50

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Regenerator: Cost 300/0/300/0, RANGE 1500, HEAL PER SECOND: 90

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Regenerator: Cost: 800/0/800/0, RANGE 1600, HEAL PER SECOND: 300

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Fusion Generator: Cost 0/1200/0/0, RANGE 1000, ENERGY PER SECOND 150, ENERGY REGEN: 200, MAX ENERGY 1500

*Nerf to droids, they no longer receive any bonus or penalty from mineral quality(edited)

*Max number of droids through the Tech Droid AI nerfed from 4 to 2. You can have a max of 3 droids versus 5 now.

*Credit Tech Diplomacy cost changed from 6 credits to 2(edited)

*Hard difficulty is now 50% harder, Nightmare is 100% harder, Hell is now 200% harder then previously.

*Code wipe
For 1.53:

*Removed voting for difficulty. The player closest to red (lowest player number) chooses the difficulty.

*Slightly nerfed Microfusion Cores Upgrade in terms of passive energy regeneration. Fixed the cost.

*Special spawns (Corpse, Temple and Mount) have been given a 10% chance individually to spawn.

*Increased Reaper Turrets attack speed by 100%

*Added warning for low powered vessels

*Zerg can now attack vessels

*Minerals, when destroyed, give an extra 50-200 minerals

*All tiers of Crystal Stabalizer now cost 10x as much minerals.

*Nerfed Regenerative Remedy - reduces damage to minerals by 25% versus 80%.

*Fixed wave 50 boss

*Tesla towers:
T1: DMG 50, Cost 85/0/0/85
T2: DMG 90, Cost 153/0/0/153
T3 DMG 162, Cost 275/0/0/275
T4 DMG 291, Cost 495/0/0/495
T5 DMG 524, Cost 892/0/0/892
*Thermal Turrets:
DMG S/ D/ E/ R
Tier 1 15 0 0 0 22
Tier 2 30 0 0 0 45
Tier 3 60 0 0 0 90
Tier 4 120 0 0 0 180
Tier 5 240 0 0 0 360
Tier 6 480 0 0 0 720
Tier 7 960 0 0 0 1440
Tier 8 1920 0 0 0 2880
Tier 9 3840 0 0 0 5760
Tier 10 7680 0 0 0 11520

*A small text box will appear when selecting ally structures, showing their current resources

*"Improvement" of Temple generation. Now uses 12x12 prefabs during the loading screen, and then fills in the rest of the temple with the usual generation. In-game load time reduced greatly.

*Size of Temple was reduced by 4x4

*Added "-angle ###" command to change angle of attack

*Added Warcries for each boss

*Exploding zerg deal significantly more damage

*Fixed minerals spawning on top of and beyond arena walls

*Added two new tiers to the Reaper Turret. Reaper turret base attack speed increased by 1 attack per
second. Attack speed gain halved to compensate.

*Added skip cinematic option for "player host"

*Fixed Artillery Cannons

*Added 3 new tiers to the Artillery Cannon

*Added new credit upgrade: Duplicating Rounds - Allows the Artillery Cannon to have a 50% chance of creating a new round at no cost. Costs 10 credits
For 1.53(a):

*Fixed various bugs.

*Added wave 60 boss
For 1.54:

*Reworked the entire harvesting system
*Reworked the OnAttack system to be far more efficient
*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Reworked the Tesla Coil chaining to be far more efficient

*Reworked the Zerg AI to remove stutter steps

*Increased max wave spawn to 75 units at one time(edited)

*Changed the gem quality names Impeccable> Exquisite> Flawless> Fair

*Fixed Diamonite Mining upgrade tooltips

*Fixed Building names bug

*Fixed Zerg causing lag at later waves

*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Fixed wave 10 boss and improved zerg AI

MineralZ is SIGNIFICANTLY less laggy. I had to rewrite some major systems, but the end result was well worth it. Enjoy!

For 1.54a:
*Fixed the fatal crash bug thanks to gondarwars! Implemented various other bug fixes.

For 1.54b:
*Major bug fixes.

For 1.54c:
*Minor bug fixes.

For 1.55:
* Fixed Desync(s).
* Refactored a lot of GUI into vJass for perforamce improvements.
* Auto loading is now implemented. You'll have to load your code manually just once, then it will automatically detect it in later games.

For 1.55(b):
*Fixed more desyncs.
*Fixed the auto loading and saving.

For 1.55(c):
* Fixed varius tech tree requirements.
* Fixed energy issue(s) with various towers
* Fixed building naming issues when cancelling an upgrade
* Regular towers can no longer target burrowed units. Seismic towers can target visisble burrowed units.
* Vessels can no longer be targeted by most zerg. However, all bosses can still attack vessels.
* Mineral deposits now yield x12 the regular mining amount, but take 10 times as long to mine.
* Waygates are no longer targeted directly by zerg, giving players more creative freedom with zerg destruction.
* Slightly buffed all fusion turret damage
* Added two tiers to tesla towers, a new wall tier, a new barrier tier and a new BFC tier.

For 1.55(d):
* Possibly fixed the saving and loading of codes by making the system significantly more robust. ( Checks for multiple load files and player names. It will also attempt to check codes without the battlenet handle id of the player for future compatibility)

For 1.55(d)(1):
*Fixed desync bug introduced in version 1.55(d).
*The save code being used will be displayed at the start of the game.

For 1.55(e):
*Improved the mineral model
*Fixed bugs
*Terrain Generation is lightly more chaotic
Contents

MineralZ 1.55(f) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 20:56:33 Comment: [Approved] Give "Collect Mineralz" a passive icon Add a newbie quest with all the important info Resource Moderation - Rules
Level 4
It's boring enough to play it, but simply watching it? Only if you're in a game of people that are always arguing.

I watched win11511's since I wanted to see what strategy he used.

P.S. I saw him shadowclick but only once and it was on his wall around 10 mins in.

That is your perception on these matters, i just wanna watch :ogre_haosis:

I watch everything 8x speed always. Even then it takes like.. 15-20 minutes to watch a Mineralz game.

Post one , i'd like to watch :ogre_haosis::grin::grin::grin:

I'm not that good lol. Just a Slayer with 101. (Earned on 1.16c, Mighty on 1.15 beta 3)

Spoiler: I'm so bad, a way to kill wave50 boss very quickly.

Normal Mode

2hr12mins

<<< >>> <<< >>> <<< >>> DEAD:goblin_jawdrop:
Don't tell anyone about this ^.~

2nd replay: Break my normal mode solo record 2hr09mins ^^ previous solo normal is 2hr16mins

My friend and I make what we like to call a 'Battery'. In the corner of our base we make around 50+ Tesla Turrets (3,000+ damage per second) and link it around the base. It takes the Uberlisk in around 10 seconds. It also obliterates the Queen before it gets to do anything significantly devastating like it did to Win11511 and destroyed over 40 buildings.

Level 2
My friend and I make what we like to call a 'Battery'. In the corner of our base we make around 50+ Tesla Turrets (3,000+ damage per second) and link it around the base. It takes the Uberlisk in around 10 seconds. It also obliterates the Queen before it gets to do anything significantly devastating like it did to Win11511 and destroyed over 40 buildings.

I have built hundreds of Tesla, but can not quickly kill

Tesla link damage have caps?

Level 7
Yup and yup :3
Event:
The first person to beat wave 60 will get a custom miner receivable at the credit shop!

•You must post a replay
•Map version must be 1.28
•Post the in-game name you use
•Only the first person to post it will receive the miner

But I can always get my custom miner in another way if the map has it...

Interesting, Quetions:
  • Will the stairs actually be walkable?
  • Will said structure be randomly generated?
  • Will the generation be biased like the temple?
  • Will it provide any actual use? The zerg egg's only use is to kill stupid noobs and sabotage bases.
  • If it's similar to the Orb, then it more or less useless and extremely limited.
Yes
Yes
Yes, wait wut. biased? lol
Kinda
I would say it is more useful than the orb. But I don't want to reveal what it does just yet. Though I will say, upon activation it has quite the flashy effects :p

========================Derp========================
Okay so let me give you guys some updates on 1.3 progress.
-The slow tower is done. However there is currently 1 tier at the moment. (I plan on adding at least 2 more tiers)
-The sludge getting stuck in random places has now been fixed
-I have implemented a "Partner Addon" to the wave spawning. This means I now have the ability to allow multiple zerg types to spawn per night. This allows me to make boss battles the way I intended to long ago.
**As of right now I have given the following waves partner zerg: 10, 15, 16, 30. I plan on adding more diversity to each wave, and I will try to remove repeated waves. I'd also like to say that I'm sure everyone here is going to thoroughly hate night 30 now.

Attachments

• weird update.jpg
    weird update.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 327
Level 4
What bugs?

>players if did not choose any option at beginning will stuck
>player who left during 1st day will cancel all players mining speed
>fission turret shoots slower (act weird) without power plant(generator) supply
>Generators with 700mp dont supply mana when the other is running out of mana in range (suppose stop supplying and let others continue supply)
>tier 6,7,8 (white yellow dark) wall sometimes dont regen itself after organic alloy is done.
>Reaper turret +400% only not 800%, perhaps its bug
>30 boss Sludge always run away to nowhere after mirror image
>20 boss YoungHive and 60 boss Large Tentacle Hive sometimes release tentacles and they can walk everywhere even has no space (walk on turrets and all buildings)
>Tesla towers tier 5 chain damage with 50 quantity will getting laggy when it shoot boss
>The map is perfect, just 1.28 release too many new effects which affect gameplay and consume a lot graphic memory etc: generator, regenerator, rockets, inferno. The game just getting heavier when late game especially the generators supplying all factories in base. Its no point to play with more than 4players or more than 1 base in map, the game might stuck or crash.
I'm saying these because people want to get rid of this burden during gameplay. Just saying if you can improve it or just leave it, we wish the best from your map.:goblin_good_job:

Level 4
The fission turret thing is planned i think.
The tentacle thing is a 'feature' apparently too, which btw it a big turnoff for a lot of players. Even i haven't played much lately.
Late game is laggy with regen/power gen lightning effects, not much you can do though.

Can if possible to add a command -effect on/off :goblin_good_job:
and also if we can manually set generators supply mana to particular buildings so that generators
wont happen in situation like only one support all nearby buildings until 0mana even there are few more generator nearby.

Level 4
I forgot to post the bug where some reason the Detection Tower ( Upgrade from the Lamp ) the Generator is ALWAYS sending power to it. It never caps to max energy.

30247.png

New cursor. olololololol

I'll update it as soon as I can. But there is still more content to be added, and as of right now I cannot join any game on b.net. Therefore I am unable to test content. I haven't been active in the last two weeks due to me being swamped with paperwork. I decided to transfer schools last minute and my old school is holding on to my transcript, so yeah. Hope you guys have been enjoying summer as much as I have lol.

Not to mention I just now saw this post t.t
>players if did not choose any option at beginning will stuck
>player who left during 1st day will cancel all players mining speed
>fission turret shoots slower (act weird) without power plant(generator) supply
>Generators with 700mp dont supply mana when the other is running out of mana in range (suppose stop supplying and let others continue supply)
>tier 6,7,8 (white yellow dark) wall sometimes dont regen itself after organic alloy is done.
>Reaper turret +400% only not 800%, perhaps its bug
>30 boss Sludge always run away to nowhere after mirror image
>20 boss YoungHive and 60 boss Large Tentacle Hive sometimes release tentacles and they can walk everywhere even has no space (walk on turrets and all buildings)
>Tesla towers tier 5 chain damage with 50 quantity will getting laggy when it shoot boss
>The map is perfect, just 1.28 release too many new effects which affect gameplay and consume a lot graphic memory etc: generator, regenerator, rockets, inferno. The game just getting heavier when late game especially the generators supplying all factories in base. Its no point to play with more than 4players or more than 1 base in map, the game might stuck or crash.

Suggested Idea for Boredom Relief

I'm sure Maddeem'd let me test, but also Maddeem; The game is just extremely long, boring, and monotonous. Two things would make it better.One: Cut waves in half. This eliminates duplicate/useless waves, and makes gameplay faster. Waves could remain the same difficulty, or make them slightly harder/weaker.And Two: Randomize waves. Each wave the spawned mob is choses from several types of waves, like normal (Zerglings, Hydralisks, ect), ranged (Infected Marines, ect), flying (forgot the names of the various flying creatures lol), destructive (Boomers, and anything else that kills blocks). You could also limit the waves as to not make a flying/ranged/destructive waves before the first boss, incase you are worried about making impossible first waves. This concept could even be expanded to the bosses, but that isn't needed. The zerg units would all have the same power and hardness (easy to test for). This means that at wave 13, a boomer, zergling, marine, and flying unit, all are equal in strength. Then you have an upgrade affect all zerg units that goes up in level each wave (or make zerg units heroes and literally give them an extra level) to make them stronger. This allows higher waves to be stronger.You talked about bosses having a secondary type of monster with them? Randomize that monster too maybe?

I say all this because it is sad when I no longer want to play this map, or my friends kill themselves on boss waves because it is no longer fun.

Edit: Oh, and a really annoying issue; Turrets do not tell if they attack air/land/both/none please add it.

Level 8
Speed? you mean time between rounds? The individual round is as fast as it can be. Shaving more time off it either makes each wave end with mobs exploding in daytime, or having no daytime. Since a round can't be shorter, make less rounds. Bosses every 5 waves instead of 10.

Side note: Why is there even daytime underground?

Meant the speed of everything. Day, night, all movement speed, building speed, attack speed, mining speed. This mainly stems from my interest in making the harder levels "harder" in the sense that you have to do things extremely quickly. It would technically be the same difficulty because your speed will still match the creep speed.

It's when the sun shines through the cracks in the ceiling.

Level 5
Man, been a while,

I still support you Mad :D lol

Yeah University starting, things starting to get busy. I guess we wont be heavily active until December, and then the Summer Break, and of course small holidays.

Don't give up on Minz 2 though!! I will murder you if you do!! lol xD

But if you do decide to abandon it, implement that mini map over to Minz 1! You know how much dat map means to me. haha

Level 1
I seem to have a problem with this map. When i try to save it doesn't work. i type -save press enter and nothing comes up, this is pretty frustrating could anyone tell me what is causing this? is it because I'm playing alone on LaN or is it because of my game version (1.24 i think)

I seem to have a problem with this map. When i try to save it doesn't work. i type -save press enter and nothing comes up, this is pretty frustrating could anyone tell me what is causing this? is it because I'm playing alone on LaN or is it because of my game version (1.24 i think)

I'm not sure if the current multiplayer detection catches lan. Though I'm pretty sure it was specifically suppose to be able to do that. Ahh well, if you are unable to get into a multiplayer lobby I could send your a map that allows you to save in single player.

Level 1
I'm not sure if the current multiplayer detection catches lan. Though I'm pretty sure it was specifically suppose to be able to do that. Ahh well, if you are unable to get into a multiplayer lobby I could send your a map that allows you to save in single player.
I would really appreciate that.
I'm gonna try reinstalling the game and see if that does the trick.

Level 1
Ok. Reinstalled game, patched to 1.21, map doesn't load.
Updated to 1.24e map loads and I can play just fine but the -save function still isn't working, I type -save press enter and nothing appears...only the suggestions and other link to s3 excoboard mineralz site