• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MineralZ 1.55(f)

wip-png.353173

*Reworked nearly every system in the game to improve efficiency and reduce lag.

*Removed ALL waves and replaced them with new counter-parts. There are a total of 32 base wave-type units that have varying abilities. Each wave type is modular - allowing me to add/change/remove existing wave types with ease.

*Provided a large buff to the regenerators - double the range and healing but at double the price.

*Removed the ability for any zerg (minus wave 30 boss) to destroy the natural walls in the game.

*Many zerg can now burrow under your wall, jump over your wall, or fly over your wall.

*Reworked Thermal turrets to give them AOE atttacks and multiple attacks per second.

*Reworked Reaper turrets - they now gain damage and attack speed over time (visibly)

*Tesla tower chaining has been reverted back to the original style.

*Added docking port which currently features two air vessels. One that mines and another that attacks.

*Added Mineral Deposits - Large minerals with more life that can only be mined through "Destructive Mining" (Mining ship and Golem)

*Added energy shields as a wall tier option

*Added solar panels as a power generator option

*Added a bunker building

*Reworked the sentry tower

*Added a "Holographic display" that shows what the next wave will be.

*Added/changed a bunch of icons and special effects / sounds.

*Changed Font
*Added a playable zerg slot called "Host" - currently WIP and not quite ready for playing yet. Slot is
filled by a computer but can be filled by a player for testing purposes.

*Added the Artillery canon - a tower that fires at the cost of Rubinite.

*Added Seismic tower - AOE damage with a slow.

*All turrets are constructed by first building the foundation called a turret base. After that is built, it can be upgraded to any turret type. This foundation effectively raises all turrets off the ground.

*Factories no longer require any energy.

*Minerals now have quality. Higher quality = more life and regeneration.

*Reworked terrain generation

*Reworked Zerg AI
For 1.5(a):

Fixed bugs.
For 1.5(c):

Fixed bugs. Wave types are fixed, terrain generation fixed.
For 1.5(c)(1):

Fixed saving (-save).
For 1.51:

Fixed numerous bugs, added wave 40 boss, added new start, victory and defeat sounds. Added various icons for upgrades. Changed how mineral quality affects mining... And much more.
For 1.52:

*Added batteries: Branch off from Generators. Mobile power generation structure that directly uses diamonite to provide energy.
*Easy mode has a longer day 1, higher mineral quality.
*Various balance tweeks: Wave 20 boss has less AOE on his attacks and drains less mana.
*New icons for various upgrades and structures
*Fixed Magnet towers
*Added victory / defeat music
*Increased base find time to 25 seconds
*Miners can now see over most temple blocks
*Fixed multiplayer desyncs due to blizzard patch
*Fixed various bugs
For 1.52(a):

*Minerals now have a visual quality indicator

*Added Wraith Vessel
^- Purely offensive ship used to combat the zerg, costs 200/200/200/200. Deals significant AOE damage.

*Added Crystal Stabalizer
^- A [Tier 2] branch off from the regenerator. Capable of healing minerals at a slow rate without power and at a quick rate with power.

*Minerals Average and below do NOT regenerate over time anymore

*Moved all flight upgrades to the Docking Port

*Added the upgrade Microfusion Cores
^- Provides ships with passive energy regeneration for sustained flights.

*Added the upgrade Upgraded Firepower
^- A 5 Level upgrade that increases the damage of all your flight vessels.

*Fixed Battery [Tier 5] Bug

*Default regenerators no longer heal minerals

*The countdown before miners spawn has been reduced to 5 seconds. Players no longer have vision during this time. Increased day 0 time to compensate (Easy: 300 Seconds, Normal+: 200 Seconds).

*You can now only build 1 house

*Added Beacon Structure
^- Unlocked after building a house. Structure with 1x1 Placement that allows your to return minerals. Max of 10 beacons per player.

*Zerg now have a 1 in 10 chance to drop genetic material which provide a random number of minerals when picked up(Between 1 and the current wave number.)

*Added Feclid Wall [Tier 11], costs 2000/0/0/0 with 21k HP and 20 HP/S

*Droid now costs 15/15/15/15 instead of 5 credits. You still need the research Droid AI to build more than 1 droid.

*Droid AI costs changed to a static 5 credits per level.

*Spiked Walls upgrade changed to static 1 credit per level.

*Fixed a bug with Kabraxis causing him to burrow at the wrong times.

*Removed immolation from all thermal turrets.

*[Tier 5] Thermal Turrets and above have an increased AOE from 300 to 512.

*Zerg Nydus Worm HP has been reduced by 66%

*Added Zerg Ultralisk. Spawns after wave 20, deal AOE damage (192 AOE), and has 50 armor. Base HP 650, gains 150 per wave number.

*Fixed saving of the furthest wave reached.
For 1.52(b):

*Nerf to battery: max power of all batteries reduced by 25%

*Reduce energy cost of seismic towers: [Tier 1] - 10, [Tier 2] - 15

*Added [Tier 3] Subsonic Seismic Tower: Cost 120/120/120/120, AOE 1024, DMG 450, ENERGY 20

*Added [Tier 4] Supersonic Seismic Tower: Cost 300/300/300/300, AOE 1200, DMG 1000, ENERGY 30

*Added [Tier 8] Syonic Fusion Turret: Cost 0/120/0/120, Range 700, DMG 275, ATK SPD 0.7

*Fixed boss AI where they would not path properly

*Added Wave 50 Boss
^- Khahrahk the Scarlet King

*Bosses now gain 5% damage per attack (multiplicative)

*[Tier 8] Syonic Inferno Turret base HP increased from 200 to 800

*[Tier 4] Bionic Rocket Turret base HP increased from 300 to 500

*Wave 40 Boss Xoviks the Vile poison potion attack increased from 1 time per second to 4 per second

*Nerf to walls: All walls now have 1 armor per tier (Max of 11 at the moment at Feclid wall)

*Turret Base height decreased by 96

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Inferno Turret: Cost 0/0/0/500, AOE 512, DMG 475, ENERGY PER ATTACK 7, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Fixed Vessels not dying without power bug

*Fixed anti-air turret AI

*Removed human borders for high resolution
*Added [Tier 5] Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/300/300, RANGE 1200, DMG 350, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.25, MAX TARGETS: 3

*Added [Tier 6] Superior Missile Turret: Cost 0/0/800/800, RANGE 1500, DMG 800, ENERGY PER ATTACK 15, ATTACK SPEED 0.20, MAX TARGETS: 5

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Fusion Generator: Cost 0/500/0/0, RANGE 900, ENERGY PER SECOND 50, ENERGY REGEN: 65, MAX ENERGY 700

*Added [Tier 9] Feclid Fusion Turret: Cost 0/300/0/300, Range 900, DMG 750, ATK SPD 0.65

*Added [Tier 10] Hellfire Turret: Cost 0/0/0/1200, AOE 512, RANGE 1200, DMG 450, ENERGY PER ATTACK 12, ATTACK SPEED 0.1(edited)

*Normal Mode now goes to wave 40

*Hard and above go to wave 50

*Added [Tier 8] Feclid Regenerator: Cost 300/0/300/0, RANGE 1500, HEAL PER SECOND: 90

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Regenerator: Cost: 800/0/800/0, RANGE 1600, HEAL PER SECOND: 300

*Added [Tier 9] Chromatic Fusion Generator: Cost 0/1200/0/0, RANGE 1000, ENERGY PER SECOND 150, ENERGY REGEN: 200, MAX ENERGY 1500

*Nerf to droids, they no longer receive any bonus or penalty from mineral quality(edited)

*Max number of droids through the Tech Droid AI nerfed from 4 to 2. You can have a max of 3 droids versus 5 now.

*Credit Tech Diplomacy cost changed from 6 credits to 2(edited)

*Hard difficulty is now 50% harder, Nightmare is 100% harder, Hell is now 200% harder then previously.

*Code wipe
For 1.53:

*Removed voting for difficulty. The player closest to red (lowest player number) chooses the difficulty.

*Slightly nerfed Microfusion Cores Upgrade in terms of passive energy regeneration. Fixed the cost.

*Special spawns (Corpse, Temple and Mount) have been given a 10% chance individually to spawn.

*Increased Reaper Turrets attack speed by 100%

*Added warning for low powered vessels

*Zerg can now attack vessels

*Minerals, when destroyed, give an extra 50-200 minerals

*All tiers of Crystal Stabalizer now cost 10x as much minerals.

*Nerfed Regenerative Remedy - reduces damage to minerals by 25% versus 80%.

*Fixed wave 50 boss

*Tesla towers:
T1: DMG 50, Cost 85/0/0/85
T2: DMG 90, Cost 153/0/0/153
T3 DMG 162, Cost 275/0/0/275
T4 DMG 291, Cost 495/0/0/495
T5 DMG 524, Cost 892/0/0/892
*Thermal Turrets:
DMG S/ D/ E/ R
Tier 1 15 0 0 0 22
Tier 2 30 0 0 0 45
Tier 3 60 0 0 0 90
Tier 4 120 0 0 0 180
Tier 5 240 0 0 0 360
Tier 6 480 0 0 0 720
Tier 7 960 0 0 0 1440
Tier 8 1920 0 0 0 2880
Tier 9 3840 0 0 0 5760
Tier 10 7680 0 0 0 11520

*A small text box will appear when selecting ally structures, showing their current resources

*"Improvement" of Temple generation. Now uses 12x12 prefabs during the loading screen, and then fills in the rest of the temple with the usual generation. In-game load time reduced greatly.

*Size of Temple was reduced by 4x4

*Added "-angle ###" command to change angle of attack

*Added Warcries for each boss

*Exploding zerg deal significantly more damage

*Fixed minerals spawning on top of and beyond arena walls

*Added two new tiers to the Reaper Turret. Reaper turret base attack speed increased by 1 attack per
second. Attack speed gain halved to compensate.

*Added skip cinematic option for "player host"

*Fixed Artillery Cannons

*Added 3 new tiers to the Artillery Cannon

*Added new credit upgrade: Duplicating Rounds - Allows the Artillery Cannon to have a 50% chance of creating a new round at no cost. Costs 10 credits
For 1.53(a):

*Fixed various bugs.

*Added wave 60 boss
For 1.54:

*Reworked the entire harvesting system
*Reworked the OnAttack system to be far more efficient
*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Reworked the Tesla Coil chaining to be far more efficient

*Reworked the Zerg AI to remove stutter steps

*Increased max wave spawn to 75 units at one time(edited)

*Changed the gem quality names Impeccable> Exquisite> Flawless> Fair

*Fixed Diamonite Mining upgrade tooltips

*Fixed Building names bug

*Fixed Zerg causing lag at later waves

*Negative gem quality removed. Gems are either baseline and above
*Fixed wave 10 boss and improved zerg AI

MineralZ is SIGNIFICANTLY less laggy. I had to rewrite some major systems, but the end result was well worth it. Enjoy!

For 1.54a:
*Fixed the fatal crash bug thanks to gondarwars! Implemented various other bug fixes.

For 1.54b:
*Major bug fixes.

For 1.54c:
*Minor bug fixes.

For 1.55:
* Fixed Desync(s).
* Refactored a lot of GUI into vJass for perforamce improvements.
* Auto loading is now implemented. You'll have to load your code manually just once, then it will automatically detect it in later games.

For 1.55(b):
*Fixed more desyncs.
*Fixed the auto loading and saving.

For 1.55(c):
* Fixed varius tech tree requirements.
* Fixed energy issue(s) with various towers
* Fixed building naming issues when cancelling an upgrade
* Regular towers can no longer target burrowed units. Seismic towers can target visisble burrowed units.
* Vessels can no longer be targeted by most zerg. However, all bosses can still attack vessels.
* Mineral deposits now yield x12 the regular mining amount, but take 10 times as long to mine.
* Waygates are no longer targeted directly by zerg, giving players more creative freedom with zerg destruction.
* Slightly buffed all fusion turret damage
* Added two tiers to tesla towers, a new wall tier, a new barrier tier and a new BFC tier.

For 1.55(d):
* Possibly fixed the saving and loading of codes by making the system significantly more robust. ( Checks for multiple load files and player names. It will also attempt to check codes without the battlenet handle id of the player for future compatibility)

For 1.55(d)(1):
*Fixed desync bug introduced in version 1.55(d).
*The save code being used will be displayed at the start of the game.

For 1.55(e):
*Improved the mineral model
*Fixed bugs
*Terrain Generation is lightly more chaotic
Contents

MineralZ 1.55(f) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jul/07 20:56:33 Comment: [Approved] Give "Collect Mineralz" a passive icon Add a newbie quest with all the important info Resource Moderation - Rules
Level 3
GJ maddeem :D loving the game. Now our Fortress Survival Alpha has competition xD Although ours is top 20 most played due to it being a classic, yours is new and more customized, and hosted on makemehost very often. Perhaps we'll even see BGN hosting this eventually!

And I'm loving the block hop using houses :). Except when allies base falls they dig a path to my base X_X. Yeh, inevitable.
5/5

Level 23
GJ maddeem :D loving the game. Now our Fortress Survival Alpha has competition xD Although ours is top 20 most played due to it being a classic, yours is new and more customized, and hosted on makemehost very often. Perhaps we'll even see BGN hosting this eventually!

And I'm loving the block hop using houses :). Except when allies base falls they dig a path to my base X_X. Yeh, inevitable.
5/5

Yeah block hoppin is fun. But boomers always blow their way in.. xD
I'm not gunna lie, fortress survival did give me some inspiration, it is a terribly addicting game, and very fun too.

On another note:
NEW VERSION INBOUND!

Level 3
Oh my god I'm more excited for this new version than what I'm currently developing >.<!
I'm not gunna lie, Mineralz is did make me lose inspiration (in developing FS), it is a terribly addicting game, and very fun too.

Minor things:
-survivor likes to attack monsters when he should be running away from them... he/she is too brave for his/her's own good :c.
-night 7 is exposively evil. It's not an issue. I just wanna say it's evil.
-night 15 is evil as well. very.
-night 8 hydralisks surprise us newbies with 200 range when they seem melee and kill us from other side of wall -- intended? Or any chance of giving them visible projectile?
-3 young scourge sat around one of my mineral factory but didn't explode til night ended (the other young scourges exploded just fine)

Last edited:
Level 3
Melee == ColisionSize+8
Ranged == Anything more.

Even if it is melee you CAN give it a, say, 700 attack range. Just change the attack type from melee to projectile (instant) to give a proper range indication.

BTW: a wall is 128x128 big, for those who don't know.

Yeh I was hoping hydralisk would get a visual projectile so it doesn't seem like invisible air eating your builder / structures over the wall/blocks.
Yes indeed it is 128.

========================================
To sum up what I have to say,
Review:

1. I played a game where a base was just about non-existent as whole map was all empty space (need replay?) I suggest some sort of check that keeps placing until minimum # of blocks is reached.

2. Save/load seems to give everyone doubled credits when loaded.
It wasn't very clear but it seems you intended on this?

3. Mineral factories are sometimes so tough to build. Says u can't build there.

4. People say droids suck even more than mineral factories? I never tried it.

5. Why is [Night 13] regular zergs? xD The "calm before the storm"? (which would be.. boomers)

6. We had boomers in [Night 15] which is normal, as well as [Night 16], is this normal that there are boomers 2 nights in a row?

7. Love how tentacles are attached to the Young Forgotton LOL :) GJ ^^

8. Newbies rage at [Night 7] those exploding birdies = real harsh. I would suggest revamp of difficulty settings so that they are more distinct, and some of these scary mobs should not spawn on easiest mode (or should spawn later).

9. Ah, and your Heleus's Journal, Day 4 reads:
Day 4: I don't have much time. They are after me. The way out seems to be covered in organic slime. They hunt me by night, I can't survive much longer.
-orange text is that part that is chopped off in-game because description is too long (although those 2 items don't seem to have a use to them yet :p)

10. Hydralisks in [Night 8], and Uberlisk [Night ??] have 200 attack range without any visible projectile and sometimes surprise us newbies when our structures are dying from invisible air. Ultralisk [Night ??] has 160 range, not as bad ;).

11. Your difficulty settings are very much like the old FS maps (+max hp, +dmg). Would be nice if that was kept minimal and mode settings spawned mode-exclusive, tougher creeps with other special abilities instead.

/end wall of text :)

Last edited:
Level 23
Yeh I was hoping hydralisk would get a visual projectile so it doesn't seem like invisible air eating your builder / structures over the wall/blocks.
Yes indeed it is 128.

========================================
To sum up what I have to say,
Review:

1. I played a game where a base was just about non-existent as whole map was all empty space (need replay?) I suggest some sort of check that keeps placing until minimum # of blocks is reached.

2. Save/load seems to give everyone doubled credits when loaded.
It wasn't very clear but it seems you intended on this?

3. Mineral factories are sometimes so tough to build. Says u can't build there.

4. People say droids suck even more than mineral factories? I never tried it.

5. Why is [Night 13] regular zergs? xD The "calm before the storm"? (which would be.. boomers)

6. We had boomers in [Night 15] which is normal, as well as [Night 17], is this normal that there are boomers 2 nights in a row?

7. Love how tentacles are attached to the Young Forgotton LOL :) GJ ^^

8. Newbies rage at [Night 7] those exploding birdies = real harsh. I would suggest revamp of difficulty settings so that they are more distinct, and some of these scary mobs should not spawn on easiest mode (or should spawn later).

9. Ah, and your Heleus's Journal, Day 4 reads:
Day 4: I don't have much time. They are after me. The way out seems to be covered in organic slime. They hunt me by night, I can't survive much longer.
-orange text is that part that is chopped off in-game because description is too long (although those 2 items don't seem to have a use to them yet :p)

10. Hydralisks in [Night 8], and Uberlisk [Night ??] have 200 attack range without any visible projectile and sometimes surprise us newbies when our structures are dying from invisible air. Ultralisk [Night ??] has 160 range, not as bad ;).

11. Your difficulty settings are very much like the old FS maps (+max hp, +dmg). Would be nice if that was kept minimal and mode settings spawned mode-exclusive, tougher creeps with other special abilities instead.

/end wall of text :)

I love a good review :p
Yeah I need to add projectiles to some units. Uberlisk is a NIGHT 50 boss. You simply wouldn't want to know what he does.
The number of blocks is constant, it will create 9250 along with 100 of each mineral. The generator doesn't stop until these numbers are reached.
A replay would be very nice :p
I am adding more mode exclusive creatures, but it will take time. Because I have to plug in every new unit type into a number of systems lol
I'll add missiles to the units with range, but some of them don't really need it. Hydras do for sure tho.
The journal is purely a MISC item. Has no use except to keep the user entertained.
The zerg egg the other hand, will play a crucial role in later versions.

Level 3
I love a good review :p
Yeah I need to add projectiles to some units. Uberlisk is a NIGHT 50 boss. You simply wouldn't want to know what he does.
Woopies :p 50 Nights.. wow!
Promising challenging game: 10/10

The number of blocks is constant, it will create 9250 along with 100 of each mineral. The generator doesn't stop until these numbers are reached.
A replay would be very nice :p
Uh yes the generator did stop you silly ^^.
Mmkay attached replay below :eek:. Sorry for calling you maddeeng I see it's maddeem now.
Sorry to break your heart </3 but it's probably less than 1000 XD.

Legendary terraindomizer: 1/10 (it made.. 1/10th of the blocks it should? ^^)

I am adding more mode exclusive creatures, but it will take time. Because I have to plug in every new unit type into a number of systems lol
I'll add missiles to the units with range, but some of them don't really need it. Hydras do for sure tho.
Woot :p Did I just ask for more challenge x.x
I can't even get past [Night 20] on easy lol.

Uber Mapmaker Feedback: 9.5/10 (you reply fast but it could be instant you know? ^^)

The journal is purely a MISC item. Has no use except to keep the user entertained.
:)
Additional Misc Enhancement: 10/10 (Two whole epic items that do nothing, love it :3)

The zerg egg the other hand, will play a crucial role in later versions.
Someone picked it up and I was joking about how it will randomly hatch on him later on XD.
A shame, it didn't.

Random Suspense to be Disappointed: 10/10 (I was really disappointed. It didn`t hatch on him and kill him.)

Overall: 9/10 -- I will consider 9.5/10 if you read the below and take it into great consideration.

:vw_love:

As a fellow developer of an old classic map of the same-ish genre,
I thought I'd give you some input on enemy AI / mobs getting stuck for your new baby map ^^ hehe.
This is, assuming, that you dislike the mobs getting stuck and would like to fix that.
If any of this is unclear to you then by all means I'll extend the already existing wall of text ^^.
I'm not saying you might not understand, just saying my explanation is poor
(because your coding and mapping skills have already vastly surpassed mines).

Moving on, stuck mobs are indeed fixable to a pretty satisfying extent.
This is given that people block up their bases with walls, spawn is middle of map (I know it`s not always the case), and few other limits.
The main focus of extending enemy AI is determining every player's front wall (the very front of their base, hence, pathable with middle of map).

Method 1: Pathing Snippets (Difficulty: Tuff)

1. This is heavy on the wc3 engine and might cause lag.
2. Those pathing snippets seem to have many issues just because of their complexity.

1. Determining stuck units

A periodic check is run on 1 random enemy mob per swarm (or all mobs would be better instead of 1).
How far this one travels and how many times it attacked.
If it ever attacks 0 times, and traveled suspiciously little, we flag it
(and surrounding swarm) as stuck.

2. Find the front of a base

When stuck has been detected: check pathing with middle of map to all existing walls (with snippet).
If there's a pathable wall, ta-da~! Front of a player's base found.
Run once when a unit stuck is detected.
Issue attack order to the nearest pathable front wall.

========================================================

I won't go in depth why/how this will fix pathing to avoid wall of text, waste of space and I'm sure you know already.
There are minor issues with this I'm sure you realize (not every spawn is middle of map, etc), just keeping checks minimal.

Method 2: My Own Ghostly Invention (Difficulty: Easy as Pie)

But let's say the snippet doesn't work as planned.
I thought of another ghostly way to remove stuck xD.
Uh, same step 1 (stuck check).
Instead of Snippet for step 2, it would go like...
1. Every Daytime, an invulnerable ground unit with 522 movement and no visual model spawns in middle.
2. One per existing wall (and open wall) in the map (since some players open their walls during daytime for whatever reason).
3. Each one runs toward their marked wall.
4. All the walls reached by these creepy ghosts secretly moving inside the mysterious pyramid will be marked as pathable (front wall).
5. This is in preparation for the Night.
6. The pathable walls are stored in case stuck happens, which will then return nearest pathable wall.
7. I'll stop here you know the rest :). I could have stopped at step 1 and you'd know where I'm getting with this lol.
*Runs on daytime because it takes time to set-up for the Night
*But nonetheless, this should help AI right?

Now don't go playing with those pathing snippets or working on this just yet;
I would hate to see you waste a large amount of time without any progress.
All of this is pretty heavy on the wc3 engine, and lag is the main issue.
We are currently messing with snippets in FS with little luck.
We'll update you if we get it working.
So you can continue working on your map until then :).
Oh but you can do the ghost by all means...

Side note: I wouldn't run this anti-stuck AI on ground boomers.
They are challenging when they get stuck as well, as they can blow up the side of your base, etc.

Oh and encountered some young scourges camping my mineral factories didn't explode til Night ended. Normal or not?
My guess is the target they trying to explode already exploded :3.

Screenshot here

P.S. WHERE... is your custom mineral UI window? Did it cause issues? Look in my screenshot I have default WC3 UI window :eek: (v1.12)
Oh and I should probably have P.M'd this wall of text, but I want to show the world how much I love you :ogre_love:

Attachments

• MineralZ wow open space.w3g
    20.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 23
LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL
My evil plans for randomly screwing games over HAS WORKED!!

That replay was funny as hell. Like 1000 rocks lolol
I don't even know how that happened. But if it happens in 1.13 tell me, no need for another replay. Also, I believe I fixed the AI in 1.13. :p

I've thought about what you mentioned though. And pathing snippets take up so much load time.. And lag. BUT the ghostly idea was good. But also very easy to abuse, as you can use any building to block.
I appreciate your review very very much :D

Level 3
LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL
My evil plans for randomly screwing games over HAS WORKED!!

That replay was funny as hell. Like 1000 rocks lolol
I don't even know how that happened. But if it happens in 1.13 tell me, no need for another replay. Also, I believe I fixed the AI in 1.13. :p

I've thought about what you mentioned though. And pathing snippets take up so much load time.. And lag. BUT the ghostly idea was good. But also very easy to abuse, as you can use any building to block.
I appreciate your review very very much :D

Where`s custom UI window :eek:
Yes but the trick is you don`t tell people about the abuse :).
And they will fall victim to the system by walling with the wall.
Edit: oh I`ll play with that AI in 1.13 then :D
Edit 2: it says the replay has 0 views :c How do you view it without viewing it are you a ghost too?
Edit 3: Omg since when was 1.13 out! *DLs* YESH. Hosting time.
Edit 4: Omg it`s not on makemehost yet :c. You have access to makemehost right? I do but I requested a 5 map limit and I`m full. If you don`t... I guess I`ll upload it if you give me permission.

maddeem, there is a VERY simple way to check for stuck units and have smarter attacking AI.

Add each swarm unit into a unit group when spawned (by night time or other means).
Clear the unitgorup each day time (since all are dead)
Loop over this unitgroup every second or so, checking the current action of each unit.
If that action is 'stop' then order it to attack a random player's unit (this unit is also random)

JASS:
function RandomUnit takes force F returns unit
    local player P=Player(GetRandomInt(0,11))
    local group G=CreateGroup()
    loop
        exitwhen IsPlayerInForce(P,F)
        set P=Player(GetRandomInt(0,11))
    endloop
    set bj_groupEnumOwningPlayer=P
    call GroupEnumUnitsInRect(G,GetWorldBounds(),filterGetUnitsInRectOfPlayer)
    set bj_groupRandomConsidered = 0
    set bj_groupRandomCurrentPick = null
    call ForGroup(G, function GroupPickRandomUnitEnum)
    set P=null
    call DestroyGroup(G)
    set G=null
    return bj_groupRandomCurrentPick
endfunction

I know it's not fancy 'vJASS' but it works and doesn't matter what is in your map.

Just give it a player group containing all the non-zerg players and it'll give you a unit to attack.

Level 3
Alrighty uploaded, yay time to play it.
Zeatherann has a good stuck check there :). Better than my periodic distance crap lol.

Just played a 1.12 and realized how terribly bad the AI was . It went for one player the whole game and we all sat there crying lonely and I camped at middle of map with the spawns and got ignored until the Young Forgotten spawned. It had different AI and killed me.
Ok starting my 1.13 tests now :)

NEW 1.13!
1. I like that countdown timer before DAY & NIGHT ends :p
2. Towers are seriously heavy monster magnets ._.
3. Same player gets targeted; they seem hellbent on completely destroying 1 person at a time
4. Still have pathing problems, consider implementing advanced unstuck AI please :)
5. Played til round 40. All 4 of us players experienced MAJOR lag. Game lasted 2.5 hours. I`m now too worried about lag to think about improving AI lol ._. wc3 engine.. gah.

Last edited:
Level 3
I probably found a bug (vers 1.12), at least i dont know if it is intended to be like that. When you build the portals which "connect" bases with each other and you already set the destination of one portal, then people and also enemies can still reach the destination, even if the destination portal was sold/destroyed already.
So if im in Base A and Base B (both have a portal) is overrun and destroyed, but the player of base B didnt sell his portal, then EVEN if I sell MY portal, enemies can still portal directly in my base (via the portal in base B). This was a big surprise to me, obviously i didnt build walls and cannons around my portal.

Level 2
Game is perfect , I and my friends really liked it ! game play is very nice ... Keep rocking !

Only bad thing was that bombers ... they ruin everything... and we couldn't rebuild defences ... tentacle one were soo strong ;D we played Easy :DDD

Game is Delicious :D !
+rep

Level 3
Post related to version 1.13:
Somehow the placement of rocks was still bugged sometimes, i had 2 games in a row where there were hardly and rocks, it was impossible to build a base. Also you could consider to only use the small rocks and NOT the TALL rock models, the latter one make it hard to see if there is a hole behind them or not.

I think there should be better upgrades for the towers. Even on easy, when more than 2 flying units approach ur base you cant kill them fast enough on later nights even if u got like 20towers or more.

Keep up the good work, its an addictive map.

Attachments

• MineralzBug.w3g
    46.1 KB · Views: 112
Level 3
nice map, me and 1 other guy have collected 3 credits, but then some siege machines appeared and destroyed everything with 2,3 hits..

Level 23
So how did you fix that wall hopping?

As a unit is issued the build order it checks if the unit is in range, or if has another order. If it has another order the timer will stop checking. If it does come in range then if creates a dummy builder and has it build on the location. When the dummy builder begins repair, it is removed and the unit is ordered to repair.

So basically you cant build in a location if your builder is in the way, but because its semi blizz-like the builder will actually move away so that the structure can begin construction.

I would of done it the way you did in FvH but it would only be compatible with 2x2 squares. I plan on adding a lot more structures of different shapes and sizes in future versions :p
Post related to version 1.13:
Somehow the placement of rocks was still bugged sometimes, i had 2 games in a row where there were hardly and rocks, it was impossible to build a base.

Keep up the good work, its an addictive map.
I had noticed the bug myself when playing MineralZ it was fixed in 1.14 :D

Level 3
had a major bug in 1.14, waves were started seemingly random between wave (im not sure) 14 and 25, it skipped days or even started 2 nights at the same time.

Attachments

• SkippedWaves.w3g
    206.4 KB · Views: 90
Level 1
Some bugs and suggestions (1.14b):
  • Teleportation works even if target way gate got destroyed (old annoying bug).
  • Build queue is glitched (probably due to new anti walljump system). Try to order 10 buildings.
  • My miner got stuck few times for a 4-5 seconds when trying to build something.
  • Sometimes two clicks are required to switch to another mineral type.
  • Bright Lamps can suddenly stop working (energy is ok, new lamp near old one works fine).
  • Miner should choose optimal home for returning minerals (one with shortest possible path).
  • Monsters should always attack all players.
  • Easy is not easy enought. Newcomers usually get killed during first 3 waves (mainly because monsters focuses on 1-2 players).
  • At least first 40 waves are too easy once you figured out the right way to do things. Try to decrease waves count but increase uniqueness of each wave. Now I can remember only a few waves: wave 7 (time to sell your stuff to protect cave entrance), wave 8 (time to build good defence with 4-5 fully upgraded regenerators), waves 15-16 (boomers; time to build another defence line), wave 21 (meat wagons; time to have nice turret-based defence) and wave 30 (nice teleport-on-attack ability). That's all. Others waves feels like clone wars attack, they are all the same. You should probably decrease waves amount to 20-25 waves (about 1-1.5 hours of gameplay) but make each waves unique (flame/lightning immunity, short range teleportation, wall blocks destroyers, ultra small/fast zergs, long range attacks, energy draining etc).
  • Wave randomization.

Last edited:
Level 4
I think you have to improve description by writing about 'What this building does' and 'What that monster does'. Cuz I so surprised when see that damned creature flying throught blocks and destroy my building.
Well, keep up the good work. 4/5

Level 23
Thank you for your review
Some bugs and suggestions (1.14b):
  • Teleportation works even if target way gate got destroyed (old annoying bug). -Not a big concern, but will fix in next version
  • Build queue is glitched (probably due to new anti walljump system). Try to order 10 buildings. -Unfixable due to the nature of the build system
  • My miner got stuck few times for a 4-5 seconds when trying to build something. -Unfixable
  • Sometimes two clicks are required to switch to another mineral type. -Will be fixed
  • Bright Lamps can suddenly stop working (energy is ok, new lamp near old one works fine). -Unfixable warcraft 3 engine can only deal with so many omni lights.
  • Miner should choose optimal home for returning minerals (one with shortest possible path). -Already does that
  • Monsters should always attack all players. -Meh
  • Easy is not easy enought. Newcomers usually get killed during first 3 waves (mainly because monsters focuses on 1-2 players). -Noobs really shouldn't base alone. This isn't a solo game
  • At least first 40 waves are too easy once you figured out the right way to do things. Try to decrease waves count but increase uniqueness of each wave. Now I can remember only a few waves: wave 7 (time to sell your stuff to protect cave entrance), wave 8 (time to build good defence with 4-5 fully upgraded regenerators), waves 15-16 (boomers; time to build another defence line), wave 21 (meat wagons; time to have nice turret-based defence) and wave 30 (nice teleport-on-attack ability). That's all. Others waves feels like clone wars attack, they are all the same. You should probably decrease waves amount to 20-25 waves (about 1-1.5 hours of gameplay) but make each waves unique (flame/lightning immunity, short range teleportation, wall blocks destroyers, ultra small/fast zergs, long range attacks, energy draining etc). -I will perhaps add more customization in old waves, but you should see the original MineralZ. Every unit was melee, and was a ground unit.
  • Wave randomization. -Possibly in later versions

Level 3
I think i found another bug related to the save system and the titles, i think once u finish a mode and u receive a title you get codes generated on the basis of that new name ("name" + the mighty), which means that in the next game you will have a code which will not work. As long as you havent loaded, your name is simply "your name" and this doesnt match the "saved" name of (name + title). At least i think this is the problem with the save code, because since i won easy mode, all my codes are invalid.

Btw the invalid load codes which are generated have 6 characters (xxxx-xx) instead of 5 (xxxx-x)

Level 23
I think i found another bug related to the save system and the titles, i think once u finish a mode and u receive a title you get codes generated on the basis of that new name ("name" + the mighty), which means that in the next game you will have a code which will not work. As long as you havent loaded, your name is simply "your name" and this doesnt match the "saved" name of (name + title). At least i think this is the problem with the save code, because since i won easy mode, all my codes are invalid.

That was fixed in 1.14c

Level 3
Could you pls use rock models which are not that tall? its nearly impossible to see if there is a hole behind a tall rock and with the fog of war u cant even check by placing a building over that area, and could you further increase the rocks, its just so annoying to see areas which are spanning over half of the map or to see enemies backstabbing your base because they can walk around whole map and somehow through tiny holes can access your base.
And you should consider to include a rmk function, its a huge waste of time if u have to start over 3 times until the rocks are finally placed in an acceptable way.

oh and could it be that your save/load system has a problem with long nicknames (15 characters) or with the character _ ?
my brother never gets a valid save code...

Level 8
u probably already know about this but theres a bug where you can get mineralz way faster by mining mineralz and right clicking the drop off building before cargo is full.

Not sure what kindof stuff u can build with credits but there should be more upgrades or something without requirement of credits. I was all maxed out with way too many extra mineralz so it got kinda boring cause I didnt need to build anything lol

I also think the game takes too long but its still pretty fun

Level 23
u probably already know about this but theres a bug where you can get mineralz way faster by mining mineralz and right clicking the drop off building before cargo is full.

Not sure what kindof stuff u can build with credits but there should be more upgrades or something without requirement of credits. I was all maxed out with way too many extra mineralz so it got kinda boring cause I didnt need to build anything lol

I also think the game takes too long but its still pretty fun

Yeah the bug is out there with the mac version ( don't suggest playing it unless you have to)
Though it will be addressed in later versions. And soon all new versions will be mac compatible.

Level 4
Lots of fun, but just wondering... how do the creeps decide where to go? They seemed to take unexpected paths, and they would only attack a wall if there was a regenerator or turret near it.