• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mineral Wars: Goblins and Kobolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay, so right now this is how the mining camps work:
Someone places a flag in a mining camp.
After twenty seconds the gates to the camp will close.
If the flag is not destroyed after thirty seconds (50 seconds from triggerstart.) the mining camp is captured by the team that placed the flag. If it is destroyed then noone captures it.
In both cases the Mining Camp will be uncaptureable for a short time.
The trigger also moves all player owned units in the mining camp to the center mining camp after a failed or successfull capture.
A caravan will then start moving from the mining camp to the center.
When it reaches the center it will respawn back at the mining camp and start moving towards the center again.
Whenever a caravan reaches the center all players on the team owning it gets 500 gold.
For each time a caravan reaches the center the global caravan income will rise by 50 gold.
E.G. After three caravans has reached the center players will get 650 gold per caravan.

I still need to make the system for what happens if the caravan is killed by the opposing team while moving towards the center. But it shouldn't be that hard.

Level 27
Well, that wouldn't really work.
The resources you get can be sold at the center camp for profit even without the caravan. :S

EDIT: Added caravn death system.
When a caravan is killed, it is respawned at the mining camp if the mining camp is still owned by the owner of the dying caravan.
The killer then receives 1000 gold. (Not the killer's team, ONLY the killer.)
For each time a caravan is killed in this way the gold gained by killing a caravan rises by 100.
E.G. After three kills you get 1300 for killing a caravan.

Currently working on: Finalizing the victory conditions and some minor mode choosing.

Level 6
wont it be more natural to have a system were the karavan is worth less gold each time the caravan is killed?
E.G. After three kills you get 700 for killing a caravan.

this may also be combined with the system of increasing the gold amount of every round the caravan makes?
E.G. After three kills you get 700 for killing a caravan, so the caravan goes 3 rounds and increase the amount of recourses, then you kill it and the amount you gain is 850.

Level 2
I have a suggestion, but I hope it hasn't been suggested yet, because I am not going to read the 8 pages of comments. Sorry!
Ok, well, I don't like the idea of destroying heaps of destructibles and then right clicking a bunch of items, then running and selling them; this will get old and boring fast. Have the system as automated as possible, because this will free up a lot of time for the players to micro their sabotages.

I think the best part of this game will be watching a massive trap destroy your opponent's efforts and hardwork.

Level 27
@Erdniz
wont it be more natural to have a system were the karavan is worth less gold each time the caravan is killed?
E.G. After three kills you get 700 for killing a caravan.

this may also be combined with the system of increasing the gold amount of every round the caravan makes?
E.G. After three kills you get 700 for killing a caravan, so the caravan goes 3 rounds and increase the amount of recourses, then you kill it and the amount you gain is 850.

I actually thought of that myself.
The thing is: As the game rolls, you need more and more gold to buy stuff.
Therefore the gold you get from the various activities around the map needs to increase.

@Flat
Thankoes. ^^

welll it essentialy was that you 'give' the caravan your minining supplies. and it automatically sells them for you. it leaves when there is a certain value in the whole caravan. (to do this, you could gie different minerals variable values.) and enemies who kill it, get the equivilant of how much it would have sold. but the person who puts his goods on the caravan get protection and a cash bonus. 75%?

Level 27
Hmm.
Well, i think i've allready gone over this one.
(My head is being an idiot, so i'm not keen at remembering right now.)
I think someone else suggested it allready. (if that was you, sue me. :p)

And you're right: it doesn't really fit in.
I could though, at some point, make a mode that includes that feature.

Level 7
ranom event idea: dwarven bomb squad: bombs are randomaly placed around the map(by several dwarven bomb placers maybe morters?), that go off in about 1 min, that have a high chance of destroying tunnels and reveal any resources below them(you can disarm them and they will drop as an item you can use anywhere)

Level 5
Just tell me if theres any systems for me to work on, I'm not working on anything right now.

Level 27
Hey again people!
It's monday, and i'm back into mapmaking!
Mineral Wars is once again progressing!

@Lelyanra
Sorry, i can't find any such models. :S
If you find any, do tell. ;)
Thanks for the comment!

@Evure
Yes. Most traps will be stun, and not damage based.
Though we DO allready have a terrainer. TWIF's taken that spot. :)

Level 14
If TWIF isn't working on the terrain, would it be possibly that you get a temporary terrainer to fill the spot while he is away? On consent from both of you of course, would I be able to put some of my terraining into this?

Not to steal his job, but to just speed up the project for everybody, so that we can get this beautiful map into peoples hands faster!
This is just a proposal, and in no way NEEDS to happen, i was just wondering :p

Edit: Something i whipped up as an example. The theme of the dungeon is obviously a variable, especially if The World Is Flat has already started work on it.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_042810_135948_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_042810_135948_01.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 5
Yeah, I need a map to implement some of my systems in, I can't really work on anything new until I know how it will look.

Level 27
I am currently working on the map, yes.
But not in the world editor. :S
It abit hard to explain.

Though i have to say Azurot, that dungeon Pic is pretty neat.
I have no objections against you being a temp terrainer, but the map isn't ready for travel. :S

Level 14
Well whenever the map is ready, i guess you'll send it to me through a PM? And ill start the terrain, or is there anything already done, that i can use as an example for my work?
I guess i just don't really understand what is going on, but whatever, ill start it when i get it :p

Level 27
*facepalm*
Mreah! I completely forgot about this. :S
Got caught up in my Photoshopping. :(

Well... I can start working on this again if you guys'd like that.
But i'm thinking if it wouldn't be a better idea to wait for SC2 and make it there?
Ofcourse, i'd like to see how SC2 turns out first. :p

Level 9
Not really, it nice he can control himself but you cant say that if someone decides to get beta editor isn't smart. He will probably have more expirience than person that waits when game gets out.

I'm not saying it's dumb or bad decision, but not smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.