• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Might & Magic V2.25 +Ai

Reactions: deepstrasz
Dark-Zalor presents :

Might & Magic V2,25
Created by Dark-Zalor

Map Info

Kael the lord of the Blood Mage order want to retire. So he needs to choose the next master to replace him. He selected
10 of the most powerful mages in his order, for a powerful battle, in the Kiras Temple.

This game is playable with 10 players, it is better to play with at least 4 people.
This game is not supported by Ai.

For any questions or suggestions please send your e-mail at : [email protected]

Visit my facebook page at: facebook.com/DarkZalorMapper

Only works with 1.32 version of Warcraft 3 or newer

Features

This game is a Hero Arena game, where each player have to cast spells really technically and fast.
Each player fight with the same mage. The matter of the game is to kill enemies heroes. The game stops when
the total kills number is reached. The maximum kills is calculated in function of the numbers of players in the game (10 x nbrPlayers).
The winner is the player that has killed the most heroes.

Spells :
Heroes spawn with only a basic attack spell. The other ones have to be picked in the arena, there are 70 spells that have very different damages and effects.
The spells are randomly spawn on the ground of the arena every 20 seconds.
There is 5 levels of Spells described below:

TypesColorImage in gameDurationDamage
Basicpurple
full
Advancedgreen
full
Masterblue
full
Legendred
full
Divineblack
full

Each time a game level is passed, some spells from the new category are unlocked and can be randomly found on the ground.

Here is a list of spells that can be found in function of game levels:
Lvl 1 => Basic;
Lvl 2 => Basic | Advanced;
Lvl 3 => Basic | Advanced | Master;
Lvl 4 => Advanced | Master | Legend;
Lvl 5 => Master | Legend | Divine;

Divine spells can be used only once after that the spell is removed from your spellpack.

The controls for the spells are [Q, W, E, R.] A spellpack can only contains 4 spells, if a hero pick a fifth spell, he will loose the spell
il the last slot, his current spells will be moved and the new spell will be in the first position. A hero can have multiple time the same spell.

Bases :
There are 4 similar bases at each corner of the arena. They all have:
- Fountain: restore 4% of max life and mana to heroes
- Portal: teleports the hero that goes througth at a random location in the map
- Shop: sells gems that increases permanently the heroes statistics

Artifacts :
The Artifacts spawn periodically in the area every 10 seconds. The artifacts are carried in the inventory, each hero inventory has 6 slots. They can provide some durability, damage, speed, control, ... They are really important. They disappear after 80 seconds in the arena.
They are all charged, they are not permanent. When a hero uses the last charge of an item, the item disappear.

Modes :
-ds : Double score, double the number kills per player
-hs : Half score, divide by two the number kills per player
-fl : Fast level, set each level duration to 5 min (default 7 min)

Commands :
There is a few commands in this map :
-view : [resetVIEW] to restet the in-game camera.

Screenshots

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Addon

V 2,25 :
Add 10 spells
Add 6 Artifacts

V 2,22 :
Add more spells
Add big boss

V 2,2 :
Add spells/Items
Debugging the map

V 1,05 :
Add 5 items
Add 7 spells
Add 3 modes
Correct some bugs

V 1,04 :
Correct a bug on the flamestrike
Add the Spellbook (a really awesome item)
Add multiple heroes models

V 1,03 :
Correct a bug with text in game

V 1,02 :
Correct some bugs

V 1,0 :
Add heroe, Spells, Items, Game mechanics

Credits

Special Thanks:
The Helper
Hive WorkShop
The Warcraft 3 French Community
Blizzard

Models :
JetFangInferno
Kitabatake
ratamahatta
wingednosering
GreyArchon
General Frank
Troca
Ki
Zack1996
Frankster
Donut3.5
Mythic
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Rizz_Boomer

Author's notes

I spent a lot of time and imagination creating that map, I hope you will enjoy it.
If you have some ideas about spells, events, modes, just send me an e-mail at : [email protected]

Keywords : Arena, War, Battle, Fight, Items, Death, Kill, Spell, Game, Ability

I appreciate feedback and suggestions!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Contents

Might & Magic V2,25 + Ai (Map)

Reviews
Glint
Interesting gameplay. When I saw the name of the map, the first thing comes in my mind is Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I like the variety of items and abilities you can have. The bugs I found so far when testing this map: - There is an instance when...
deepstrasz
Sacred Fire doesn't say how much it heals. Rather seems like Warcraft III spells and items. OK, there are some other custom spells, that's good. I've killed myself for some reason after taking many spell items. The timer moves the multiboard. It's...
Level 7
Interesting gameplay. When I saw the name of the map, the first thing comes in my mind is Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

I like the variety of items and abilities you can have.

The bugs I found so far when testing this map:
- There is an instance when picking a new ability, the abilities in the command card messes up. Something like abilities in the same hotkey.
- Name typo with the Goblin Landmine unit.
- Is Guldan Skull intentionally a permanent item? I noticed majority of the items are perishable.
- The model for the Thief Bag item suddenly becomes a question mark.
- Starfall cooldowns and uses mana when using it in daytime. Maybe ordering the unit to stop with "A unit Begins casting an ability" (EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_CAST) event can fix this or add a "Night time" requirement in the ability.
- Loading this map using the Warcraft 3 command line causes a fatal error. (This might be a Warcraft III issue, 1.31.12164)

Last edited:
Level 17
I tried testing the new version but it gives me a not enough memory resource error.

In the map selection, your map looks like this:

hooo shit I will have a look. I ha ve no problem to test it...

My version non optimized is good, I used the version 2.53 of that tool to optimize it: W3x2Lni v2.6.0

Last edited:
Level 17
I used my map not optimized it works

So I optimized it with the last version of W3x2Lni the version v2.6.0 but the program does not launch on my computer, so I left a comment to the creator to fix it. The version 2.5.3 of the program corrupt it...
:goblin_cry:
so for the moment I can't correct it....
I have to wait

Youpikai the map is back. New version that corrects some bugs and add a hero variation.
Have fun!!!!
:goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 7
Tested 1.04, works perfectly fine now. :thumbs_up:

Further found some bugs:
- Killing an enemy hero gives XP to other nearby enemy heroes as well. (unless this is intentional)
- Picking up the Warsong Drum item doesn't give it to the hero sometimes.
- Rune of Power bonus stays permanent after duration ended. (unless this is intentional)
- That rare bug in 1.00 still happens in this version, this is what it looks like:

upload_2020-1-4_7-25-28.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Sacred Fire doesn't say how much it heals.
  2. Rather seems like Warcraft III spells and items. OK, there are some other custom spells, that's good.
  3. I've killed myself for some reason after taking many spell items.
  4. The timer moves the multiboard. It's making you dizzy after a while.
  5. Well, game modes won't hurt.
  6. Heart of Aszune's buff has red title instead of green like positive buffs. Same: Voodoo Doll's, Rune of Power.
  7. Some items are confusing since they have and look like Warcraft III ones but do entirely different things. An example: Scourge Bone Chimes.
  8. Dropped items don't seem to disappear.
  9. Kelen's Dagger may randomly put you on the high ground off which you can't get down.
So, while the concept itself is nice, the gameplay overall is too random.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/