• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary.blp

My first uploaded skin. Basically an armored bandit. Considering the wrap on this model is horrible (especially on the back torso and shoulders), I think I did I pretty good job, and its not noticeable in-game. Please comment if you feel there's something I can do to improve this skin. Have fun!

Updated: I fixed a view things and added some metal reinforcements to the shield to make it seem more pairable with armor.

Keywords:
Armored, Bandit, Mercenary, Hired, Warrior
Contents

Mercenary (Texture)

Reviews
09:40, 5th Mar 2009 THE_END: It looks good, I like this alot. The armor is very suspicious, I will be looking into armors from WoW. Expect this to be under my heavy criticism very soon.

M

09:40, 5th Mar 2009
THE_END: It looks good, I like this alot. The armor is very suspicious, I will be looking into armors from WoW. Expect this to be under my heavy criticism very soon.

Level 10
Pretty cool actually. I think you should have changed the face though.
Rating: 4/5 - Me liky.
+Rep: Yes.
(Hihi, My rating system is solid.. Not :xxd:)
Edit: I took a look at the model in game. It's rather awsome how you made the unwrap look so good. But is there no team color? If not, I'll stick to my 4/5 rating. But if so, 5/5. :)

Level 11
Whoa, thanks! Well, any changes made were freehand (unless using dodge and burn tools aren't freehand, because they were involved to a degree), this includes the armor, cloth, shield, and any other edits (although the cloth could be better, in my opinion). This means no cnp from wc3, WoW, or any other game or any other kind of THING. Thanks for the comments guys, and they'll be more to come.

Level 26
I don't think it's CnP. It's a great first skin, but it doesn't look to be of WoW quality. The belt and so forth have rather odd shading, which seems to go against that whole WoW CnP theory.

You just may be the second or so person to have their first skin approved >_>

Level 11
I'll refine the shield a bit more, but I do want SOME wood on it, so it can kind of match with the wood on the axe. However, I don't want to change the face because it looks likes what I originally had in mind when I made this skin (not that I can't), and I can't imagine it looking any better with a different face than the one it has now :/ After all, its the same person, just with different armor.

Level 7
Seems like an ok model, the only thing i disapprove is the face and the armor needs a little more detail

Level 14
You know this reminds me of the summon from bards tale.

Whats got me is that this skin is great quality on the armor tidbits but like the wood I guess would be the axe's wood and the belts are unshaded and highlighted like the rest of the skin. I'm, not calling you a copy and pastier it just really throws me off because I always read the texture for the information I need and its not normally that I can see some one being able to switch there style.

Edit: I went and read this skin closer as a favor for a friend and I can tell you exactly if it has cnp or not. but it'd probably be more fun if you guys find out by you're selves.

Last edited:
Level 11
INV_Chest_Plate04.png
33181.jpg
+ attached thumbnail. (Screenshot from www.thottbot.com)

WoW armor? Sure looks like it.
But it DOESN'T have to mean Coinblin CnPed. He could have been inspired by, or tried to make it look like the Knight's Breastplate in WoW... I do that all the time! :]
I don't think it's CnP, so great skin! 4/5
Keep up the good work and you'll reach your...ehhh... Current goal in no time. :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• wowprintscreen.png
    wowprintscreen.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 90