• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenaries re1.33

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
---------------------------
Gekigengar Presents
---------------------------

Created by Gekigengar
178651-albums5636-picture84010.png

Mercenaries is a Multiplayer Co-op Arcade Zombie Survival,

As professional mercenary, you work as a hired gun, but this time,
your target is a bit different, they are already dead.

An outbreak has occurred due to an incident that happened in a
hidden laboratory nearby the village disguised as a mining field.
178651-albums5636-picture83887.png

Your mission is to wipe out the whole village, including survivors.

Be it yourself or with 3 others, slaughter as many as possible.

178651-albums5636-picture84009.png

Basic Controls
  • Fire Main Weapon : G
  • Fire Secondary Weapon : Left Click
  • Equip Secondary Weapon : Q
  • Reload : R (Press rapidly to increase reload speed)
  • Change Primary Weapon Mode : E (Rapid --> Burst --> Sniper)
  • Melee Attack : F (Consecutive use will put the action on cooldown)
  • Special Abilities : D --> (Q : Artillery, W : Carpet Bombing, E : Supply Crate)
  • Direction : A

178651-albums5636-picture58712.png

178651-albums5636-picture62178.png

178651-albums5636-picture62179.png

178651-albums5636-picture58831.png

178651-albums5636-picture58706.png

178651-albums5636-picture58707.png

178651-albums5636-picture62185.png

178651-albums5636-picture69729.png

178651-albums5636-picture62180.png

178651-albums5636-picture62181.png

178651-albums5636-picture62182.png

178651-albums5636-picture62186.png

178651-albums5636-picture62183.png

178651-albums5636-picture62184.png

The game-play revolves around scores and chaining combos.
178651-albums5636-picture58703.png

The top left corner displays your current combo and the combo level.

The higher your combo is, the more you will score by killing.

Combo lasts for 7 seconds after each kill, failing to score another kill within 7 seconds will end your combo chain.

Your team-mate can contribute to chaining your combos, a great team-work will result to a more satisfying combo.

Currently, there are 2 game-modes available.
Survival Mode, and Versus Mode.

Survival is a PvM Arcade game, on where you will fight hordes of zombies alone, or together with a team.

Versus is a semi-PvP game, on where you fight in a team of 2v2, or 1v1v1v1, there will be half zombie count in this game, and the team who scores the most within the time limit wins. While normal enemies won't drop item supplies, in this mode, each team are expected to fight for the supply drops that are signaled every 3 minutes. In versus mode, each member are given the option to choose different classes of mercenary soldiers.
Coming Soon

Coming Soon

In both of game modes, players are tested with a "Night Time", on where the horrors of the zombies are at its peaks.

Zombies are highly more aggressive during Night Time, not only that, player's visions are limited to the amount of "Light Sources" available in the middle of a deserted village.

In Night Time, this is where each team is tested to the end of their wits, whether or not the team will survive to see the next sunrise, depends on the team-work of all members of the team.

Some item may provide light-sources, such as Flashlight, Grenades, and Signal Flares. You can also provide light by using the muzzle of your guns, it is recommended to stay together as a team in Night times, to ensure the safety of your back.
178651-albums5636-picture58693.png

178651-albums5636-picture58705.png

The main weapon can be switched into 3 different modes :
  • Rapid Mode - High rate of fire, accuracy falls as you keep shooting. Consumes 1 ammo.
  • Burst Mode - Spread fire, while slow, it deals high fire power to enemies which are close. Extremely effective against big targets. Consumes 4 ammo.
  • Sniper Mode - A high precision mode, deals high damage, and accurate targeting. Consumes 3 ammo.
Each mode have different statistics and targeting system.
Each mode has different piercing and damage, piercing indicates how much enemies or walls you could pierce through, and will stop when piercing reaches 0.
Piercing reduces damage and critical rate of your bullet.

178651-albums5636-picture62187.png

178651-albums5636-picture58771.png

Reloading, spam the reload click button to increase reload speed (How fast reload is depends on your clicking speed or hot-key spamming speed.)
Movement is disabled during reload, but you can cancel reload any-time.

There are 4 combo strikes in melee combat, with its own specialty.
You can change direction within each combo, or freely move, as the unit is not paused on melee animations.

• 1 is a Frontal Stab, while leaping forward (Within 2.3 second of casting this, pressing melee again will cause you to go into 2nd combo strike)
  • 2 is a Slash, leaps a "little" forward, while slashing enemy, wide area, but lower range compared to stab. (Within 2.1 second after casting this, pressing again leads to 3rd Combo strike).
  • 3 is a double stab, doesn't leap, but takes one step forward, deals damage twice if striked twice by the tip of the weapon. (Within 1.1 second of casting this, pressing again leads to 4th combo strike).
  • 4 is the same as 3, but cooldown a 5 second cooldown is triggered.

if you didn't cast another melee hit within 2 second, the combo reverts into its 1st combo strike.

Various item can be stacked and combined!

Items are dropped by enemies or special zombies, and some spawn by events or supply jets.

Some item can be stacked by right clicking on one, and right clicking on the other of the same type, there are different stack limit for items.

Some items can be "Combined" !, By right-clicking on one item with the other, Experiment on to find more combinations!.

Example :
(As many Resident Evil fans knows)
Green Herb + Green Herb = GG Herb
Green Herb + Red Herb = GR Herb
and many more!.

Each objects can be used to its own advantage, such as bouncing grenades with walls, jumping through sandbags/windows, shattering Molotov glass to bricks/walls.
178651-albums5636-picture58719.png
178651-albums5636-picture58716.png
178651-albums5636-picture58718.png
178651-albums5636-picture58695.png
178651-albums5636-picture58717.png
178651-albums5636-picture58714.png
178651-albums5636-picture58715.png
178651-albums5636-picture58697.png
178651-albums5636-picture58696.png

178651-albums5636-picture84011.png

178651-albums5636-picture58699.png

Image Description:
The center view of the village

178651-albums5636-picture58719.png

178651-albums5636-picture58716.png

178651-albums5636-picture58700.png

Image Description:
Special object colliders on terrain data.

178651-albums5636-picture63927.png

Image Description:
Center of the village.

178651-albums5636-picture62178.png

178651-albums5636-picture62179.png

178651-albums5636-picture58831.png

178651-albums5636-picture58706.png

178651-albums5636-picture58707.png

178651-albums5636-picture62185.png

178651-albums5636-picture62180.png

178651-albums5636-picture62181.png

178651-albums5636-picture62186.png

178651-albums5636-picture62183.png

178651-albums5636-picture62184.png

178651-albums5636-picture84012.png

Nothing Yet..!

178651-albums5636-picture84014.png

Bug Fix
  • Fixed being able to select units.
Gameplay
  • Decreased player collision size from 25 to 18.
  • Increased movement speed from 300 to 310.

--Patch note ends--

178651-albums5636-picture84067.png

Models
  • Rifleman Elite by TurieL.
  • Bullet by Grey Knight.
  • EliteLightArmor by Sin'dorei300 & NFWar.
  • Lightning Wrath by Callahan.
  • Lightning sphere by PeeKay.
  • Sniper Bullet by ILH.
  • EMP at AlienAtSystem.
  • Darkness Bomb by nGy.
  • Nuke Aura by Frankster.
  • Zombie Dog, Spirit Arrow, Grenade, and High Speed Projectile by Epsilon.
  • Fingolfin for his Flood Carrier.
  • DomoKun for his Sentry Gun.
  • Vestras for his Leap Effect.
  • shamanyouranus for his SignalFlare.
  • Sand Explosion, Blue Wisp Explosion, and Blue War Stomp by JetFangInferno.
  • SandWorm model by Sephiroth_VII.
  • Warhunter for his Desert Bunker.
  • Gab. for his Green Breath.
  • neogaidenx for his Torch Omnilight
  • Vuormalainen for his Sandbags.
  • Dionesiist for his Beard, Hipster Beards, Black & White Hairs, Predator's Axe, and Schyte.
  • anarchianbedlam for his Danger Zone.
  • WhiteDeath for his Infested Zombie.
  • PROXY for his Pickaxe.
  • Thrikodius for his Claws Attachments and Ammo Box.
  • Kitabatake for his baseball bat.
  • Sunchips for his Butcher's Axe.
  • Teaspoon for his Barbed wire and Metal Fence.
  • Canvas Tent by Yayoi.
  • Deolrin for his Crate.
  • ZombieA Skin by Kazzo.
  • Ghoul Skin by Dentothor.
  • communist_orc for his Barrel Remake.
  • Grenade, F/A-22 Raptor, Flak Cannon, A-10 Thunderbolt, Helper Arrow, and M1 Abrams by Illidan(Evil)X.
  • Flesh GIant Skin by halo.
  • Talon_the_Mage for his konstrukt Sniper Missile, Shotgun Missile, SMG Missile, Assault Rifle Missile, and Minigun Missile.
  • Zombie Wolf by The_Silent.
  • Archemonde skin by Saikann.
  • RED_BARON for his Hopper Mine
  • Tranquil for his Snipe Target.
  • communist_orc for his table and bench.
  • hortaxman for his chair.
  • WILL_THE_ALLMIGHTY for his explosions (Ground, Massive, Big, Artillery, Dirt), his Ice Spark, and his Rocket.
  • UEP (Urban Environment Pack) by Punisher_x and Illidan(Evil)X
  • Many Weapon Sound Effects by Valve from Half-Life.
  • Theme Song - Resident Evil 5 - Assault Rifle.
  • Garfield1337 for his Pathfinding System.
  • UTM Map and their Team.
  • Vestras for many effects.
  • HappyTauren for his Ammo Clip.
  • Gauss Rifle Icon by The_Silent.
  • Progress Bar by RetroSexual.
  • Bisnar13 for his Parachute and Billboard model.
Missing Creator Name :
  • Villager Zombie Model Files Created by ??? (Please Contact me at www.hiveworkshop.com user ID "Gekigengar")
Map Exported Objects :
  • Sand Tile, Large Brick, Slam, Shockwave, Shrapnel Explode, all blood effects, their DIII Tent, and Gate. Exported from DIII Borderlands (booody)
  • UTM 3.0 Objects on different page.
  • Big Beast Scream by Interplay corp from Sounddogs.com
  • Monster Scream from soundbible.
  • Shutter Camera Sound by Emanuel (Bought)
  • Healing Spray from Resident Evil 5
  • Jill Voice from Resident Evil 5 (Mercenaries Reunion) by Capcom.
  • MGS4 Item Drop & Item Get Sound.
  • Anitarf's Vector System.
  • Dangerb0y's Easy item Stack & Split.
  • pkw's animation (Zombie Dash & Grab).
  • Counter Strike Global Offensive Fiveseven pistol sounds.
  • Special thanks to Revilo, shamanyouranus, Grievous1, Pyramidhe@d, and -SuPa ! for various help and support.
  • Chinese translation project by anby a.k.a anbyno!
  • Thanks to my friends Bisnar13, Kellym0, Xiiao, Grievous1, Modox, WaerercraftKillers, Brambleclaw, venger07, rezurect15 (a.k.a Ryune Sign), Son of Jay, and Carlo753 (a.k.a Jake6).
  • For being with me, and testing out the beta!

178651-albums5636-picture84038.png

Huge thanks towards the hard work and dedication of anby!,
fro thranslating my humble map into Chinese!
Thank you!

Mercenaries r1.1b P CN
178651-albums5636-picture84013.png

Please report any bugs that you encountered while playing, I would really appreciate it.
I strive to create the best game-play experience, if there is any suggestions and criticism,
feel free to post it below.

This is a list of commands that I created to debug the game.
  • -debug : Activate Debug mode. (Some items such as "Dark" will be unlimited of charge upon activation.)
  • -a : Infinite ammo (Ammo won't drop below 10)
  • -x : Enables selection.
  • -se : Spawns dummy enemy hero infront of you.
  • -nd : Players will not receive any damage.
  • -ncd : No cooldown.
  • -z : Spawns debug test items.
  • -scope : Creates scope item.
  • -e : Counts enemy units on map.
  • -nospawn : Disables enemy spawn.
This is not all of the list of commands, but these are the useable ones to either have fun, or help me find bugs :p

[TD] [/TD]

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Zombies, Zombie, Mercenaries, Survival, Defense, Strategy, Arena, PvP, Multiplayer, Sci-fi, Gekigengar, Arcade, Simulation, Team, Hero.
Contents

Mercenaries re1.33 (Map)

Reviews
14:10, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: Very nice map filled with details of terrain/doodad work and gameplay is awesome, recommended play for everyone.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Damn. Terrain looks great, and the game play looks fun. I especially want to try this and steal ideas for my own zombie map (kidding... okay maybe)

Also destroyable buildings? Awesome!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Feel free to take ideas~
I might even help if I have the time.

And.. destroyable buildings? o.o
I was sure I didn't add one..!

Oh, then I misunderstood.

Anyways I played around 3-5 games alone at this. And as such I must say that while the terrain, zombies, animations, skills are great - its insanely hard to the point I already hate the map.

Maybe because I'm bad at it, but why is the guy so slow? I'd understand if he is slowed, wounded or what not... but at normal speed I barely get away from the zombies, and turning around to shoot causes me to lose... about 30% of my health. Not to mention the dogs can charge at me...

There is nowhere to hide either. So reloading is ... not happening. The best of my 5 games is where I tried sniper mode and after I ran out of ammo I just melee'd until I died. As far as I saw, there are no ways to heal yourself. Also died of a nuke once.... I didn't launch it :/

Last, I feel you can improve the AI of the enemies. Make them wander around instead of making them instantly attack move your location every X seconds (i'm guessing that's what you did). It doesn't make sense for a zombie that spawned somewhere to instantly know where I am and join the horde that is already on my tail.

I'd like this map WAAAY more if the guy was faster or if there were places to hide, even temporarily to reload or heal (if there is a way).

Level 32

Anyways I played around 3-5 games alone at this. And as such I must say that while the terrain, zombies, animations, skills are great - its insanely hard to the point I already hate the map.

Maybe because I'm bad at it, but why is the guy so slow? I'd understand if he is slowed, wounded or what not... but at normal speed I barely get away from the zombies, and turning around to shoot causes me to lose... about 30% of my health. Not to mention the dogs can charge at me...

There is nowhere to hide either. So reloading is ... not happening. The best of my 5 games is where I tried sniper mode and after I ran out of ammo I just melee'd until I died. As far as I saw, there are no ways to heal yourself. Also died of a nuke once.... I didn't launch it :/

Last, I feel you can improve the AI of the enemies. Make them wander around instead of making them instantly attack move your location every X seconds (i'm guessing that's what you did). It doesn't make sense for a zombie that spawned somewhere to instantly know where I am and join the horde that is already on my tail.

I'd like this map WAAAY more if the guy was faster or if there were places to hide, even temporarily to reload or heal (if there is a way).

Well, in single player I hated the map. In multiplayer it's a blast because we can survive for 20 minutes + with teamwork.

Level 16

Thanks for playing 3-5 games!
The game is not insanely hard, in fact, the newest version is twice easier than the previous version! (If you see the change-log, it is all nerf to the enemy, and buff to the player and items).

The key point is understanding how to utilize and look for your resources (Items), this is a survival game afterall!, scavenging items increase your survival rate, the more item you have, the longer you will live.

At night time, it is recommended to have 5 item, and a flashlight in your inventory, because the zombie is way more aggressive during night time.

The guy is not slow at all, your base movement speed is higher than any zombie in the game, except for the dogs. (I am not counting the fact that melee is a free dash if you utilize it for escape, and not offense).

barely can get away from the zombies is a false statement, in fact, as long as you have full hp, and keep moving in the right direction, no zombie can literally touch you. (Attacks in this game have a huge back-swing, and a very low spill radius) (Which means, zombie will actually miss their attacks if you are moving away from the attacks)

There is a reason why I made the game feel as if the players are constantly in pressure of being close to zombies, even thought they are actually not, I want to keep the game action-packed. (If you are calm enough to observe your surroundings, they are actually pretty harmless unless you screw up. Try to experiment and observe how slow they actually attacks, try to use melee dash if timing your movement is a bit too hard.).

I admit, reloading is actually pretty hard to pull off in single-player.
But if you see my gameplay videos that I've uploaded, I utilize items to actually give me the opportunity window to reload.

One of the cheapest item that opens up an opportunity window is the signal flare, throw this thing to a zombie's face, and they will start to swarm up at it. (Signal flares are in actual very useful!)

One of the most common technique the players have sent me is the nitrogen grenade. When you are being chased by hordes of zombies, and in need of reload, use your nitrogen to create a wall of frozen zombies. (They have bigger collisions, and will not allow zombies to actually pass through them)

This is where you can hide, in between the safe wall of frozen zombies :thumbs_up:

There are healing items, and you can also combine them by right click, and drop them on top of each other.
Green herb and red herb.

Green + red = GR Herb
Green + Green = GG Herb

If you feel you can't find them, try using HQ Support (Hotkey is E, E) to drop a supply crate. (100% rate to drop you Green and Red herb!)

Try it out~!

Pfft, the AI is not that simple, it is noise based. As long as you make noise, they will continue to chase you. This is even worse in single player mode, because you are the only person that will make noise in the map.

They are actually commanded to move to the last place you made noises with. You can observe this behavior. When the game just starts, you can try shoot a shotgun, and move to a different empty location. (They will continue to move to the last position you made noise on).

This is why multiplayer is fun, you can actually stop shooting, and allow your friend to make noise to get the zombie's aggro off yourself.

Well, in single player I hated the map. In multiplayer it's a blast because we can survive for 20 minutes + with teamwork.

A lot of people who sent me replay actually survived 15 - 30 minutes in single-player.

Same for me,though I didn't hate it in single player though.Just wasn't as fun

;w;

I cri

Actually, same. Don't know why I used hate :p.

Geki, my main suggestion for the map is to add two or more difficulties. You still have quite a significant amount of space in your map file to work it out.

Imo, if I set the game even a bit easier, you can literally not die forever, and will be less intense.

In the current difficulty, in single-player, I can survive for as long as I pay close attention to the surroundings and not screw-up.

Roland

R

Roland

I was expecting this map will turn to an Independent game :) But I love your map, The graphics and stuff. It's amazing.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thanks for playing 3-5 games!
The game is not insanely hard, in fact, the newest version is twice easier than the previous version! (If you see the change-log, it is all nerf to the enemy, and buff to the player and items).

The guy is not slow at all, your base movement speed is higher than any zombie in the game, except for the dogs. (I am not counting the fact that melee is a free dash if you utilize it for escape, and not offense).

barely can get away from the zombies is a false statement, in fact, as long as you have full hp, and keep moving in the right direction, no zombie can literally touch you. (Attacks in this game have a huge back-swing, and a very low spill radius) (Which means, zombie will actually miss their attacks if you are moving away from the attacks)

There is a reason why I made the game feel as if the players are constantly in pressure of being close to zombies, even thought they are actually not, I want to keep the game action-packed. (If you are calm enough to observe your surroundings, they are actually pretty harmless unless you screw up. Try to experiment and observe how slow they actually attacks, try to use melee dash if timing your movement is a bit too hard.).

I should of said "insanely hard" for me.

IMO the guy is slow. The fact that I cannot effectively run and gun proves that. Turning around even with the hotkey doesn't guarantee that I won't take damage. Melee dash helps greatly though.

Maybe I just need to get better.

I admit, reloading is actually pretty hard to pull off in single-player.
But if you see my gameplay videos that I've uploaded, I utilize items to actually give me the opportunity window to reload.

One of the cheapest item that opens up an opportunity window is the signal flare, throw this thing to a zombie's face, and they will start to swarm up at it. (Signal flares are in actual very useful!)

One of the most common technique the players have sent me is the nitrogen grenade. When you are being chased by hordes of zombies, and in need of reload, use your nitrogen to create a wall of frozen zombies. (They have bigger collisions, and will not allow zombies to actually pass through them)

This is where you can hide, in between the safe wall of frozen zombies :thumbs_up:

There are healing items, and you can also combine them by right click, and drop them on top of each other.
Green herb and red herb.

Green + red = GR Herb
Green + Green = GG Herb

If you feel you can't find them, try using HQ Support (Hotkey is E, E) to drop a supply crate. (100% rate to drop you Green and Red herb!)

Try it out~!

Good to know that there are healing items, I just didn't call in supplies or found any.

Pfft, the AI is not that simple, it is noise based. As long as you make noise, they will continue to chase you. This is even worse in single player mode, because you are the only person that will make noise in the map.

They are actually commanded to move to the last place you made noises with. You can observe this behavior. When the game just starts, you can try shoot a shotgun, and move to a different empty location. (They will continue to move to the last position you made noise on).

This is why multiplayer is fun, you can actually stop shooting, and allow your friend to make noise to get the zombie's aggro off yourself.

I see. Then it just felt like the AI was "out to get me" while I played.

If the AI is noise based, make some indicator to the noise the guy makes.

Also if the zombies effectively "wander" the noise indicator will visually show which zombies I will attract if I move, shoot etc.

Imo, if I set the game even a bit easier, you can literally not die forever, and will be less intense.

In the current difficulty, in single-player, I can survive for as long as I pay close attention to the surroundings and not screw-up.

We're all different people with different skills. Expecting all of us to "pick up the slack" and play as good as you is obnoxious and condescending. I always say to each their own.

I'd like a difficulty setting. Offering players a choice between easy, med, hard, etc doesn't make your map bad, it makes it better. A slower player like me can actually feel the progression of my skills if I first beat it on easy, then try on harder difficulties.

And since you are "pro" at this map, you can always just click "HARD, INSANE, NIGHTMARE, HELL" as your preferred difficulty. Don't put us all in one basket, it literally costs you +1 mouse click before you start the game.

Lastly, if you do put in difficulties PRETTY PLEASE make the guy faster at easier difficulties. That way players can learn the shooting, dodging, turning skills at easier difficulty and adjust better at harder ones.

Here is a challenge for you. Download my map, Hero of Ages put it in Hard Difficulty and try to beat it. When you die about 5 times, that would be a good example of how I felt when I played your map :D

Level 16
I should of said "insanely hard" for me.

IMO the guy is slow. The fact that I cannot effectively run and gun proves that. Turning around even with the hotkey doesn't guarantee that I won't take damage. Melee dash helps greatly though.

True, because this game is not a run and gun type of game.
I considered having a handgun that allows you to shoot bullet while moving at one point, but that is a lot of work considering all the systems in place to unit movement. perhaps, if I will ever work on the stand-alone version.

Good to know that there are healing items, I just didn't call in supplies or found any.

Killing bigger zombies guarantee you drop of 2 random items, and healing items, is pretty common.

I see. Then it just felt like the AI was "out to get me" while I played.

If the AI is noise based, make some indicator to the noise the guy makes.

Also if the zombies effectively "wander" the noise indicator will visually show which zombies I will attract if I move, shoot etc.

The noise based is not so realistic, for example, grenades are more of a clearing type item, so that is why, even if it does make noise, I do not add any noise weight factor to grenades at all.

As for others, rapid makes the least noise, sniper does medium, and shotgun does the most noise, resulting them to aggro more towards you.

Silencer however, reduces the noise completely, and if there is no zombie very close to you (About twice melee range), you are practically invisible.

We're all different people with different skills. Expecting all of us to "pick up the slack" and play as good as you is obnoxious and condescending. I always say to each their own.

I'd like a difficulty setting. Offering players a choice between easy, med, hard, etc doesn't make your map bad, it makes it better. A slower player like me can actually feel the progression of my skills if I first beat it on easy, then try on harder difficulties.

And since you are "pro" at this map, you can always just click "HARD, INSANE, NIGHTMARE, HELL" as your preferred difficulty. Don't put us all in one basket, it literally costs you +1 mouse click before you start the game.

Lastly, if you do put in difficulties PRETTY PLEASE make the guy faster at easier difficulties. That way players can learn the shooting, dodging, turning skills at easier difficulty and adjust better at harder ones.

Points taken, I will make an easy mode.

balancing it will be extremely difficult though.

I just want all the players to have the same feel of the game whenever they play the map, but seems like it is not enjoyable when you have not understood the mechanics.

Perhaps easy mode will introduce the mechanics more to players.

How about a movement boost, health reduction on enemies, and item drop increase?

Perhaps that will be much more enjoyable.

Level 2
I've been playing this for some time, and each time playing there's something bugging me. Turning seems a bit slow, and sometimes at night, I can't really see my unit, because it was black out. The night problem happens rarely, but can you make the turning a bit more faster? Thanks.

Level 16
I'm pretty sure the records in the map were just horribly out of date but I thought it would be fun to post it anyways.

True, it has been consecutively beaten 4x, current highest is by ktae3102, which is 837,503

I haven't updated the map since, but I think I can do an update once there is a lot of changes already.

I will take a look at it, thanks for the submission~!

EDIT :

------------------

Just watched the whole 30 minutes, wow, you guys learn so fast :grin:
The firsts round, you guys were just learning how to reload, and in the last rounds, you have been going around using items like a pro!

Yeah that was a high score of 414,238!
Congratulations~!

It was such a valuable feedback, I've barely actually seen a 3 man team.
This has given me so much information on what I have to fix and improve..!

I will make sure it goes recorded to the high scores~! (Where are you guys from if I may ask? I need it for the records)

Here is a pastebin of the replay with the highest score.

Thanks for playing!

Last edited:
Level 16
Changes are not final.
I will be uploading the new version when I got a better internet ;P

Thanks for playing everyone!

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed Molotov causing player to permanently lose movement speed on Versus Mode.
  • Game-play
  • Stronger Shotgun Multi-hit damage
  • Multi-hit damage increased by 5. (from 23 to 28) (The damage inflicted when multiple bullet hits a single enemy)
  • This would increase Shotgun Mode effectiveness against larger enemies.
  • The Shotgun Multi-hit againsts player units are unchanged. (Effect in Versus mode should stay the same)
  • Increased Shotgun bullet fragment by 2 (From 7 --> 9) (Now effective range increased, crit chance increased)
  • Shotgun spread angle increased.
  • Reduced Survival Max Player Zombie by 3 (Reduced by a total of 21, since there is 8 zombie players)
  • Reduced Survival mode Zombie spawn rate by 1.
  • Increased Drop Item Range by 250. (From 100 --> 350) (Players should now be able to drop/give item to allies much easier)
  • Increased Give Item Range by 200. (From 150 --> 350)
  • Increased Pick Item Range by 50. (From 150 --> 200)
  • Increased Reload Speed by 12.5%.
  • Introduced AoE Herbs New!
  • All Herbs are now Instant Cast. (No targeting)
  • All Herbs heal every ally within 600 range.
  • Allied healed with herbs receive reduced effects depending on the herb type.
  • Effect to the primary user is unchanged.
  • Versus
  • Killing player now gives 1000 Score plus Bonus of 20% of the killed player's score! (To provide more come-back possibilities)
  • Removed 1 Portable Turret Kit from Engineer Class.
  • Added Signal Flare to Engineer Class.
  • Reduced Versus Max Player Zombie by 3 (Reduced by a total of 21, since there is 8 zombie players)
  • Fixed Versus FFA showing team scores on game end.
  • Fixed Intro voice for FFA. (It will no longer say "You will have to work together" anymore for FFA mode lol)
  • Fixed Versus Half-time message.
  • Now all zombies are killed on player respawn locations during versus mode.
  • Visual Updates
  • Added more lights to the town! (Viva Post-Apocalyptic!)
  • Added A New Building on the left!
  • Updated Hall of Fame list!
  • Removed Custom Minimap. (Map Filesize reduced by roughly 100kb+)

Last edited:
Level 16
Preparing for 1.2 patch note.
I've added handgun, a way to disable enemies while moving.

There are a lot of changes still unwritten to the patch note, until it is stable.

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed hero respawn bugs (Hopefully..) (Testing needed)
  • Fixed a bug that causes supply drop to place the 3 random items overlapping in the same spot. (This bug is only present on those playing on wc3 Patch 1.29)
  • Fixed inconsistent deaths from poisons. (Sometimes poisons is lethal when stacked more than 3 to 4 times, now all poisons at any stack will no longer be lethal.)
  • Optimized projectile system.
  • Game-play
  • Adjusted starting zombie levels, Zombies now starts at a higher level, but slower level growth rate.
  • Reduced maximum zombie level by 1. (From 97 to 96)
  • Enemies that drops multiple items upon death will now drop their items with some distance in between the dropped items.
  • Ground fires are no longer lethal to player units. (Does damage, but does not kill)
  • Removed Voice Commands
  • Removed voice command buttons, replaced with handgun toggle.
  • Removed Intensity Selection
  • Removed gameplay intensity selection, now the game defaults to and will run on Light Mode. (Less CPU Intensive mode)
  • Minigun
  • Bullet range increased by 150. (From 1600 to 1750)
  • Sniper
  • Bullet range increased by 250. (From 1900 to 2150)
  • Dual Handgun
  • Handgun is a secondary weapon that can be fired while moving, and have a good chance of disabling the enemy.
  • The dual handgun fires alternating between left and right after each shot.
  • Handgun has a capacity of 12 bullets, and does not require ammunition clips. (Infinite ammo)
  • Handgun can be manually reloaded by left clicking when the ammunition is empty, and can also be automatically reloaded after 3 seconds if unused.
  • Handgun can only be fired at the maximum of 240 degrees angle infront of the user.
  • Handgun deals almost no damage.
  • Handgun gets a boosted critical hit rate when using adrenaline boost, making it capable of disabling multiple targets at once.
  • The handgun have 0 penetrating power, which means it will stop at the first enemy hit.
  • Versus
  • Melee attacks now deals 20% more damage to players. (From 50% to 30% damage reduction)
  • Sniper Class can now use the Hiding skill during the day. (Previously only at night)
  • Hiding skill cooldown reduced to 0 seconds. (From 3 to 0)
  • Hiding skill fade delay increased to 3 seconds. (From 2 to 3)
  • Visual Updates
  • Added overhead visual indicator for Gatling mode.
  • Added ground visual indicator for artillery strike.
  • Added name and version number to end game global high score.
  • Added handgun guide to information board.
  • Added Discord Group information to the information board. (Join us on Mercenaries Union Discord Group!)
  • Adjusted the oasis a bit.

Last edited:
Level 16
Version r1.2 Released!

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed hero respawn bugs (Hopefully..) (Testing needed)
  • Fixed a bug that causes supply drop to place the 3 random items overlapping in the same spot. (This bug is only present on those playing on wc3 Patch 1.29)
  • Fixed inconsistent deaths from poisons. (Sometimes poisons is lethal when stacked more than 3 to 4 times, now all poisons at any stack will no longer be lethal.)
  • Optimized projectile system.
  • Game-play
  • Adjusted starting zombie levels, Zombies now starts at a higher level, but slower level growth rate.
  • Reduced maximum zombie level by 1. (From 97 to 96)
  • Enemies that drops multiple items upon death will now drop their items with some distance in between the dropped items.
  • Ground fires are no longer lethal to player units. (Does damage, but does not kill)
  • Removed Voice Commands
  • Removed voice command buttons, replaced with handgun toggle.
  • Removed Intensity Selection
  • Removed gameplay intensity selection, now the game defaults to and will run on Light Mode. (Less CPU Intensive mode)
  • Minigun
  • Bullet range increased by 150. (From 1600 to 1750)
  • Sniper
  • Bullet range increased by 250. (From 1900 to 2150)
  • Dual Handgun
  • Handgun is a secondary weapon that can be fired while moving, and have a good chance of disabling the enemy.
  • The dual handgun fires alternating between left and right after each shot.
  • Handgun has a capacity of 12 bullets, and does not require ammunition clips. (Infinite ammo)
  • Handgun can be manually reloaded by left clicking when the ammunition is empty, and can also be automatically reloaded after 3 seconds if unused.
  • Handgun can only be fired at the maximum of 240 degrees angle infront of the user.
  • Handgun deals almost no damage.
  • Handgun gets a boosted critical hit rate when using adrenaline boost, making it capable of disabling multiple targets at once.
  • The handgun have 0 penetrating power, which means it will stop at the first enemy hit.
  • Versus
  • Melee attacks now deals 20% more damage to players. (From 50% to 30% damage reduction)
  • Sniper Class can now use the Hiding skill during the day. (Previously only at night)
  • Hiding skill cooldown reduced to 0 seconds. (From 3 to 0)
  • Hiding skill fade delay increased to 3 seconds. (From 2 to 3)
  • Visual Updates
  • Added overhead visual indicator for Gatling mode.
  • Added ground visual indicator for artillery strike.
  • Added name and version number to end game global high score.
  • Added handgun guide to information board.
  • Added Discord Group information to the information board. (Join us on Mercenaries Union Discord Group!)
  • Adjusted the oasis a bit.

Download now and tell me what you think of the updates~!

Level 16
Already preparing for a new patch note..

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug where Canines could dodge while being frozen by Nitrogen Grenades.
  • Fixed a bug where Canines would not evade on certain angles.
  • Fixed a bug where Bullet charm revive is triggered by poison damage.
  • Fixed zombie spawning colors. (Only effects 1.29 due to the new Maroon player colors)
  • Fixed a bug that causes Kevlar Armor to also reduce damage from poisons.
  • Fixed surviving low damage at 1 hp sometimes fails to trigger correctly.

Last edited:
Level 16
Mercenaries r1.2f released!
Quick-fix to all the newly discovered game-breaking bugs.

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug where Canines could dodge while being frozen by Nitrogen Grenades.
  • Fixed a bug where Canines would not evade on certain angles.
  • Fixed a bug where Bullet charm revive is triggered by poison damage.
  • Fixed zombie spawning colors. (Only effects 1.29 due to the new Maroon player colors)
  • Fixed a bug that causes Kevlar Armor to also reduce damage from poisons.
  • Fixed surviving low damage at 1 hp sometimes fails to trigger correctly.

Level 4
This map is very good but have some fps issues you can fix dat?? o in this new versions is fixing dat? i play the old version i think i cant remember.
can you have new modes like defense? amazing map :)

Level 16
Can you add AI's for Single Player?

Hello, no promises, but I already can imagine how I will do the AI.
I am not sure if I will have the time to update the map, but I will try give it a go when I do!

This map is very good but have some fps issues you can fix dat?? o in this new versions is fixing dat? i play the old version i think i cant remember.
can you have new modes like defense? amazing map :)

I am not sure, I did made a lot of optimization since back then. Perhaps you should give the new version a try!

As for defense, what kind of mode do you imagine it to be?
I think that sounds very interesting, 60 seconds preparation, and there will be intervals of zombie wave attacks..?
Haha, perhaps a barricade system would be cool!

Level 4
Hello, no promises, but I already can imagine how I will do the AI.
I am not sure if I will have the time to update the map, but I will try give it a go when I do!

I am not sure, I did made a lot of optimization since back then. Perhaps you should give the new version a try!

As for defense, what kind of mode do you imagine it to be?
I think that sounds very interesting, 60 seconds preparation, and there will be intervals of zombie wave attacks..?
Haha, perhaps a barricade system would be cool!

yeahhh barricade system!!! plz like to style of maps like Sonnak Defence with waves and just defense one place, sad to me sonnak defense never have update :(
i wait for dat update and thanks for response so fast :)
Have a amazing day/night :)

Level 16
Hey, there is a few unreleased version skip in attempt to fix various reforged bug!

• Bug Fixes
  • Fixed various reforged introduced bug.
  • Fixed reforged introduced bug where Devourer effect and Carpet Bomb Missiles would not be facing the right directions.
  • Game-play
  • Reduced poison damage from all source to 1 damage per instance.
  • Deadly poison no longer have infinite duration, and will now have 20 seconds duration.
  • Slightly increased burn damage from Molotov & Carpet Bomb burning grounds.
  • Versus
  • Increased movement speed bonus of Sprint from 20% to 30%.
  • Increased duration of Sprint from 3 to 4 seconds.
  • Reduced increased damage taken on Sprint from 25% to 20%.
  • Increased health gain from Unity from 25 to 35.
  • Decreased cool-down on Unity from 45 to 40.
  • Optimization
  • Minor optimization, now uses Blizzard's new damage event. (Should be smoother!)
  • Others
  • Map is now unprotected, because I will have less and less time to update this map.

EDIT: A quick 1.31f typo fix, I accidentally increased poison slow to 100%, reverted back to 10% per stack.

Last edited:
Level 16
Small changes, but some QoL suggestions from players I played with.

• Quality of Life
  • Reloading will now issue stop order after completion. (Either through cancel/finish)
  • Slightly increase turn rate of player unit.
  • Game-Play
  • Bloated zombie will now only spill gas at 25% chance instead of 100%.
  • Portable Turret Kit build time decreased from 5 to 4 seconds.
  • Portable Turret Kit cast range increased from 100 to 125.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello author, this is a very good map. Can I share it with Chinese players after being translated into Chinese? They will definitely love this type of map very much