• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Memorable Hive Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
It's time to tell something from the past that is linked to Hive. Your story doesn't need to be the most awesome, the longest and the most entertaining to read. It can be a short one as long it somehow relates to Hive and it's people.

The idea is that we share stories and perhaps even talk about them. It's time to remember what we've experienced and done since the beginning of Hive. Go ahead, and bring us your memorable moments from the past to the table.

Just one rule: Only one story per post.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Oh man, so many I would like to share, ranging from Mecheon's shoop da whoop on noobs to the epic chat histories and to the “drama”.

(...) Your story doesn't need to be (...) the longest and the most entertaining to read. (...)
OK, one short story until I catch up to what exactly you meant.

No pseudo wannabe "staff history" will ever inspire someone like this again, ever.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
lol, Rui :D Nice one.

Oh man, I remember this one:

I was on vacation when Ralle contacted me, saying shi-was-goin-down.

Attachments

• HiveQandASession.png
    HiveQandASession.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 418
Level 36
No pseudo wannabe "staff history" will ever inspire someone like this again, ever.

Shit, I'm mentioned. How did I never see that thread? >.>

Anyway, there's a lot to remember, and while my early history in the Terraining Board surely is the closest to my heart,
it's probably also the most boring story to tell. So, I'll stick with my most enjoyable memory; The Flock.

While admittedly The Flock had a sinister motif, with frostwhisper leading a train of deception, it was also mostly great fun.
Never before and never after was I ever a part of a meme movement, and it has it's reasons. The Flock was unique, it had
it's own humor, it's own style and it's own methods, I don't know how to most justifiably explain any of it, and I don't think
it's even realistic to explain it. Just know that The Flock was here, and it was amazing.

Level 34
@Rui: He butchered my name there. Glad you posted it though, I missed it back then (it was during my year of absence).

Apparently I missed out on some stuff (mainly fladds).

As Keiji said, while probably pretty boring to others, the history of the Terrain Board is really dear to me. It's always been a close-knit , friendly community. We've seen so many great members come and go. And some return (yay me?!). Lots of memorable moments, but I think one of the stand outs was seeing a Madsen terrain for the first time. That guy changed the way we looked at wc3.

I spent a fair bit of time debating on this site, and it actually was one of the reasons I wound up loving philosophy and eventually studying it. Thanks to people lie purplepoot, CaptainGriffen, and Rising_Dusk.

Deskalada in general was one to behold. I will never forget him or the many stories that go with him. Too lazy to reach back and find threads.

Ash. Oh Ash. That group (Awesome something or other?) was not something I remember fondly. I had a certain respect for Ash, but not much of it. It was definitely a memorable moment for me since it was one of the few dramas I threw myself into.

Edit: I just spend an hour pouring over old Site Discussion threads. Oh Hive Drama. While pretty silly looking back, it goes to show how many users have grown/grew to love this site.

Last edited:
@Rui: I must've missed that as well! Thanks for the link. It was awesome. I still had numbers on my name back then, and him saying it as one-eleven instead of one-one-one made it seem cooler than it actually was.

I remember when the spell section was purged. That was definitely needed, but it still took me by surprise.

I also remember when D3 Beta was released (still one of the most epic mods to date), and when Gaia's Retaliation was a little baby.

I remember logging in for the first time after the wc3sear.ch merge. It was a strange combination of confusion and excitement.

And I remember Rui's old avatar of a night elf dancing. For some reason, it is a very vivid memory, among countless others. My brain is farting so I can't think of any specific awesome threads/memories, but I'll try to think of some tomorrow. But cool idea for a thread. :)

Edit: I just spend an hour pouring over old Site Discussion threads. Oh Hive Drama. While pretty silly looking back, it goes to show how many users have grown/grew to love this site.

After you said that, I actually went to Site Discussion and pick a random thread, and I found this

I'm afraid of getting banned

Rui

Rui

Level 41
PurgeandFire said:
I remember logging in for the first time after the wc3sear.ch merge. It was a strange combination of confusion and excitement.
I don't remember what I was feeling in that moment. I recall thinking of creating a new account =P then I tried to log in as Rui even though that felt like a long shot, but, somehow, I thought, it worked! It was lucky I even remembered the password, else I would have concluded that the account didn't exist :gg:

Level 24
Go ahead, and bring us your memorable moments from the past to the table.

The second most memorable thing I've ever done on the entire internet is that enormous argument that took over two threads right when Elenai first showed up. It's really mind-blowing how much I've changed since then, and it's actually even surprising how much Elenai changed just in the time that I was active.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
He became a father 2 weeks ago he told me.
=o Nice, so you're still in contact with him?

EDIT: By the way, I wasn't being sarcastic about remembering him, but yeah, those news threads and one or two posts around that time was the only activity I saw from Darky. I myself complained quite a bit on the mods' forum and site discussion about his inactivity. An inactivity allegedly due to WoW addiction.

This is the most memorable thing I can think of right now, except the random troll wars going on every half a year.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/off-topic-478/frostwhisper-brand-comics-97676/
I actually filled myself with patience and read through all of that. :grin:

=o Nice, so you're still in contact with him?

EDIT: By the way, I wasn't being sarcastic about remembering him, but yeah, those news threads and one or two posts around that time was the only activity I saw from Darky. I myself complained quite a bit on the mods' forum and site discussion about his inactivity. An inactivity allegedly due to WoW addiction.

I actually filled myself with patience and read through all of that. :grin:

I have him on Facebook and Battle.net.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I miss Wolverabid. He was so nice, you should look at his posts.

Anyway, @Archian, that post made me laugh so hard. That video fits too well.

One of the things I remember and find very memorable was once where I was broadcasting live on ustream with only audio. I was showing people my room (with no video) and we got multiple people to reboot their computers because they saw nothing. I was showing them the server, the spellpax and all sorts of weird crap.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Who can forget by glorious career! Being promoted all the way to administrator then down to forum moderator then being "made redundant" by a dragon who left soon after then being re-hired to manage the titanic... I mean SC2 resource section just to be fired as collateral damage because of something someone else did. Ah good old memories.

What does the future hold? TOTAL SITE DOMIN.... I mean becoming site champion!

Also let us not forget the Fantastic 4! How on earth was I meant to know that relating someone to this would famous Stan Lee endorsed team of super heroes was actually an insult... Next time I will use another Stan Lee endorsed team of super heroes from the Marvel Cinematic universe since then no one can be confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.